• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
Can someone explain to me how to purchase a fireman in OR? I read online but I'm confused on the laws now. Do I need the CHL to purchase? Or can I just purchase and take it home with me? Help?!

hamtaro

hamtaro

Paragon
Oct 8, 2022

"The Permit to Purchase Program is a result of the passage of the 2022 Ballot Measure 114. This program regulates and creates a process for the sale, purchase, and otherwise transfer of all firearms in the State of Oregon. A person must apply for and be issued a "Permit to Purchase" a firearm or firearms from the Police Chief or County Sheriff with jurisdiction over the residence of the person making the application. These Law Enforcement entities are referred to as "Permit Agents" in this program. Prior to a person buying, leasing, or otherwise transferring a firearm from a "Gun Dealer", the person must show proof of current identification and a valid "Permit-to-Purchase" before the Federally Licensed Firearms "Gun Dealer" can conduct firearms background checks on persons attempting to purchase a firearm (ORS 166.412) in Oregon."

The link above should explain the entire process in Oregon under the new legislation (just click the drop-down menus for more detail).

Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020

"The Permit to Purchase Program is a result of the passage of the 2022 Ballot Measure 114. This program regulates and creates a process for the sale, purchase, and otherwise transfer of all firearms in the State of Oregon. A person must apply for and be issued a "Permit to Purchase" a firearm or firearms from the Police Chief or County Sheriff with jurisdiction over the residence of the person making the application. These Law Enforcement entities are referred to as "Permit Agents" in this program. Prior to a person buying, leasing, or otherwise transferring a firearm from a "Gun Dealer", the person must show proof of current identification and a valid "Permit-to-Purchase" before the Federally Licensed Firearms "Gun Dealer" can conduct firearms background checks on persons attempting to purchase a firearm (ORS 166.412) in Oregon."

The link above should explain the entire process in Oregon under the new legislation (just click the drop-down menus for more detail).
Ya but it's been delayed….I saw other posts about just being able to purchase.

hamtaro

hamtaro

Paragon
Oct 8, 2022
Ah, I missed that detail. Perhaps calling a gun shop to clarify would be simpler, as they would know the exact procedure for your state?

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Do you have any felonies, or disabilities, that would preclude you from buying a firearm?

Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
Ah, I missed that detail. Perhaps calling a gun shop to clarify would be simpler, as they would know the exact procedure for your state?
Ya I think I'll do that. I tried calling once but never picked up. Sigh
Do you have any felonies, or disabilities, that would preclude you from buying a firearm?
No I don't. But here you have to get a background check, then a safety firearm course. That's fine. What freaks me out is the CHL license that says I need 2 references on the application. And then I have to make an appointment at court..
Like wtf what is this? Who the hell wants to go to court to submit and application or get their fingerprints done and photos at a sheriff office?? The fuck

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
No I don't. But here you have to get a background check, then a safety firearm course. That's fine. What freaks me out is the CHL license that says I need 2 references on the application. And then I have to make an appointment at court..
Like wtf what is this? Who the hell wants to go to court to submit and application or get their fingerprints done and photos at a sheriff office?? The fuck
Didn't I hear on the news that this new law in OR is in limbo because it's being challenged in court as unconstitutional?

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Ya I think I'll do that. I tried calling once but never picked up. Sigh

Visiting court is not a big deal just take it easy, have you not visited court for any traffic violations?

In sheriff office you will most probably meet the teller to give your fingerprints and photos, they are harmless

Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
Didn't I hear on the news that this new law in OR is in limbo because it's being challenged in court as unconstitutional?
Yup that's right. But I'm still confused if I need a CHL to purchase or if I need one after purchase? I just want to purchase over the counter at a hunter good store and sign a form blah blah and take it home. Idk how the background check is done in store.
Visiting court is not a big deal just take it easy, have you not visited court for any traffic violations?

In sheriff office you will most probably meet the teller to give your fingerprints and photos, they are harmless
Ya I've never been to court. I'm stuck on the "give 2 references" part though. I obviously couldn't ask anyone

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yup that's right. But I'm still confused if I need a CHL to purchase or if I need one after purchase? I just want to purchase over the counter at a hunter good store and sign a form blah blah and take it home. Idk how the background check is done in store.
Do you know what the law, or requirements were, before they passed this newest law that's being challenged? I'd do what @Hamtaro said and just call a gun store and see what they say. That would be easiest. You could also type something in Google search like "Oregon gun buying requirements", or something like that, and click on the "government" results that come up and read about what is required.

Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
Do you know what the law, or requirements were, before they passed this newest law that's being challenged? I'd do what @Hamtaro said and just call a gun store and see what they say. That would be easiest. You could also type something in Google search like "Oregon gun buying requirements", or something like that, and click on the "government" results that come up and read about what is required.
Ya I did that. Still confused. I'll call sometimes soon. Then update

Reactions: jaxxon_sunn