serah

serah

Student
May 6, 2020
Been to around 10 interviews in the past 4 months with no luck. have applied to over 37 jobs, all of these have been "entry level" jobs. Jobs that even most highschoolers with no experience could get. I've applied to almost every single fastfood place in the area, gas stations, retail stores, supermarkets. Am I just screwed? I'm socially awkward and I get terrible anxiety but I manage in the interviews. I can't help but feel pathetic over struggling so much to get a job at McDonalds.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, BringMeToLife, endless_pain and 5 others
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I'm sorry.

• Love
Reactions: serah
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I know you said that you *managed* to get through the interviews in spite of your terrible anxiety. I don't know where you're located, but if you're in the US, is there any chance you'd be willing/able to find a local "Jobs and Family Service" office in your area where you could take some "classes, whereby they could help you with job interview skills? They don't cost anything except some of your time. They can even help you to polish up your resume, if it should need it.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
You're not alone- and I'm so sorry. I know how stressful it is. I applied for lots of jobs a few months back- I'm actually a creative freelancer but it's so hard to sustain financially. Most of those were entry level, wage slave jobs and most didn't even bother to reject me. I just heard nothing and had to assume. Even a company I worked for for 9 years in the past rejected me.

It's so worrying and frustrating- I do understand. All I would say is- that as awful as all of this is- it is all experience. Hopefully, the more interviews you do, the less nervous you will become. All we can do is our best at the end of the day. All we can do is keep trying I'm afraid. Have you registered with any agencies? That might be worth trying. They get a commission when they place someone, so they are maybe more likely to try and help. I REALLY hope you find something. Good luck.

• Love
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
Why is this happening to so many people? Why is this country such fucking garbage?

One advice is to appear very happy during interviews. I hear it helps.

• Love
E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
I'm sorry for your experience, I understand how it could be sad to realize how difficult it is to get a job today

• Love
Mortalist

Mortalist

Apr 19, 2023
These days companies expext you to be fully trained with 10 years of experience allready after leaving school.

• Love
F

fruitty

Apr 18, 2023
I'm in the same boat. Been unemployed for 2 years, I've grown sick of applying jobs. I need to get back into society but it won't let me. I hate myself so freakin bad. I hope good things come in your way so you won't end up like me

• Love