W

worthlessfailure

Jun 8, 2024
Hey I'm going to ctb with a firearm. I'd like to not do it in my landlord's house or at a motel. Basically, I only want the hardened professionals to have to deal with me. I figure ill just set up an automatic email to the police department. Anyway, I'd ideally want to have a rural area to myself. You can't just Google rural locations. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for finding a good secluded spot where you won't be disturbed? Thanks.

kyhoti

kyhoti

Looking for fair winds and following seas
May 27, 2024
I have used a well-known, globally available map application to find nearby governmental forest areas. It has a search function for public lands and has helped me quite a bit.

Reactions: Tonkpils and pthnrdnojvsc
MrsevenTseven

MrsevenTseven

Sep 7, 2024
I have used a well-known, globally available map application to find nearby governmental forest areas. It has a search function for public lands and has helped me quite a bit.
I second this

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019

@kyhoti , @MrsevenTseven anyone
Can you say which one and a brief explanation of how to find those areas?

W

worthlessfailure

Jun 8, 2024
Take your map app and type in public lands. The nearest one to me is two and a half hours away. I guess my next hurdle is figuring out how to sneak in there with my exit and not get arrested. I need to go scope it out and see what it actually looks like first.

Reactions: kyhoti, pthnrdnojvsc and Tonkpils
razorblade_sky

razorblade_sky

Sep 3, 2024
I opened up Google maps and used the satellite view to look for nearby wooded areas. Narrowed it down to three. Chose one and went exploring with my phone maps app. Found an ideal location and saved the GPS coordinates, so I can find my way back.

Reactions: kyhoti, pthnrdnojvsc and worthlessfailure