suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
I'm trying to get back to work because I'm too much of a coward to ctb (I have a background in engineering) and have applied to tens of jobs world wide. No answer.
Back in the days (7 years back) I used to be showered with offers and I had quite good self esteem. Now I feel like the IT world has transformed itself (maybe it was like this forever?) into
1. Big players (governments, big corporations, banks, old money etc) - big time manipulators
2. The fakers (project managers etc) - who suck c**** from category 1 and manipulate with a smile of their face
3. The losers (developers, engineers, etc) - code monkeys, usually from poorer countries, workaholics, etc - who are not even aware of their condition.
I used to be proud to be an engineer...
I'm too aware to carelessly go back to [3] again and the competition is too high for small money and high effort. I'm too honest (and with quite a "rebel" CV - I worked with gaps, tried projects on my own etc) to be considered for [2] - I would also fall into a prejudiced category because I wasn't born into the right geographical coordinates.

I check my e-mail every day. "No new messages". Yesterday I got one though - "we will be considering other applicants".
Why won't they just let me die? Why don't they just shoot me?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, lv-gras and 8 others
C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
I think jobs are more about who you know and how well you can sell yourself than what your actual capabilities are. I've gotten turned down at literally every interview I've gone to, probably because I have Asperger's. They aren't hard jobs, either.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RM5998, Throwaway563078 and 5 others
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
I think jobs are more about who you know and how well you can sell yourself than what your actual capabilities are. I've gotten turned down at literally every interview I've gone to, probably because I have Asperger's. They aren't hard jobs, either.
What about your Aspergers do you think causes employers to reject you?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, lv-gras and 1 other person
O

Oyashiro-sama

Student
Aug 16, 2018

Yes, often it is the most charismatic, that the most qualified.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, undertherainbow, VanHeineken and 3 others
Sharethepain

Sharethepain

We forge the chains we wear in life.
May 2, 2018
Yeah, you gotta lie in your CV, you gotta sound interesting. I got stuff like - Enjoy reading books, doing sports, studying languages and such in my CV hobby section, while in reality I couldnt care less and haven´t done any of it for months. Its all about how you sell yourself sadly. Bonus points if you are a pretty girl as well.

Reactions: pseudonym, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deckchairs and 4 others
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
"I like to drive my car around the block for hours"

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sky7, mattwitt and 2 others
T

Tiburcio

I literally prefer being dead rather than being employed.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RM5998, betteroffdead and 10 others
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, VanHeineken, throwaway123 and 1 other person
T

Tiburcio

Me too, but I'm a cowardly piece of shit.
That's my problem. I can't kill myself. If I'm still alive in some years I'll face the horrible experience of working :ohhhh:

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dead_Inside, mattwitt and 1 other person
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I'm trying to get back to work because I'm too much of a coward to ctb (I have a background in engineering) and have applied to tens of jobs world wide. No answer.
Back in the days (7 years back) I used to be showered with offers and I had quite good self esteem. Now I feel like the IT world has transformed itself (maybe it was like this forever?) into
1. Big players (governments, big corporations, banks, old money etc) - big time manipulators
2. The fakers (project managers etc) - who suck c**** from category 1 and manipulate with a smile of their face
3. The losers (developers, engineers, etc) - code monkeys, usually from poorer countries, workaholics, etc - who are not even aware of their condition.
I used to be proud to be an engineer...
I'm too aware to carelessly go back to [3] again and the competition is too high for small money and high effort. I'm too honest (and with quite a "rebel" CV - I worked with gaps, tried projects on my own etc) to be considered for [2] - I would also fall into a prejudiced category because I wasn't born into the right geographical coordinates.

I check my e-mail every day. "No new messages". Yesterday I got one though - "we will be considering other applicants".
Why won't they just let me die? Why don't they just shoot me?

you're an engineer and have no job?
Come to Germany! We need engineers and the pay is really good, too

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, VanHeineken and Tiburcio
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Honestly-I am so jealous of you. Degree in engineering, smart, and probably no chronic pain-your life sounds so good at least compared to my situation.
Which of course is NOT a jugdement of ctb or not to ctb

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, undertherainbow and VanHeineken
GodKnows

GodKnows

What lies ahead
Jun 28, 2018
you're an engineer and have no job?
Come to Germany! We need engineers and the pay is really good, too
I thought you already imported plenty of rocket engineers and heart surgeons. /s

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I thought you already imported plenty of rocket engineers and heart surgeons. /s

No, we actually have too many old people and not enough skilled young people!
Come to us and work for us!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and VanHeineken
GodKnows

GodKnows

What lies ahead
Jun 28, 2018
I'd come but with no EU passport, no degree and no work experience it's almost impossible to immigrate into Germany.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and VanHeineken
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I'd come but with no EU passport, no degree and no work experience it's almost impossible to immigrate into Germany.

I actually meant the engineer but you are welcome anytime too :)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Ashpac
D

Deckchairs

Aug 3, 2018
My work history is checkered and haven't worked consistently in ten years. If I get back I either have to take a menial job or volunteer for months or maybe even years. Hard to find the motivation to do either.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Volatile, Tiburcio and 1 other person
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
Only job I can get is in call centres which is shit because i hate people and couldnt give a shit about their problems!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Volatile, suffering and 3 others
GodKnows

GodKnows

What lies ahead
Jun 28, 2018
Only job I can get is in call centres which is shit because i hate people and couldnt give a shit about their problems!
I'm moving to foreign country for a shitty call center job. But it's better than nothing. I think I'll last for 1 year before I go insane and CTB.

Reactions: Throwaway563078, Volatile, suffering and 2 others
C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
What about your Aspergers do you think causes employers to reject you?
The impaired social ability that comes with it and is necessary to impress employers in a job interview.

Also, throughout my life, I've felt like people can sense something wrong with me and steer away from me if they can, even my friends.

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I have started trying to go back to work also .... but my last job didn't do drug tests .... the jobs I am qualified to do now ... well they are definitely going to want me to piss in a cup : (
I wouldn't bother working at all but, I need money to buy a gun and my pills so I can kill myself.
Wish there was just a donation box for those of us trying to die. Your family could drop off what ever excess pills or rope or gun/ bullets you had left. We could scrounge through and get something together that would work.... nice way for your death to benefit others who are also suffering.

T

Throwaway563078

Experienced
Oct 6, 2018

This^.
Makes me hate this world even more. Studied your ass off? Dedicated
Focused? They don't care. It's all about connections and how well of an actor you are

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and iglooblimp
M

Marcos

Sep 5, 2018
Don't apply to online jobs, 90% of them are fake. There is a very good Youtube video explaining this:

You have to reach out the hiring manager directly through Linkedin, even if the company doesn't have any jobs postings. Try to build a relationship with him so he can consider you for a future position. Don't deal with HR.

Regarding the gaps on your CV, just invent a fake startup and say that you worked there. You can also make a website to make it more credible.

Reactions: Dead_Inside, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and samsays89