• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Lonelyhotcake

Lonelyhotcake

(I speak spanish).
Mar 16, 2023
I was going to make a long paragraph because I was worried about my scolarship but then I realized...

My family doesn't control my money in any way, but if I don't make money they get mad at me. Besides, they are always saying that we are poor but then they spend money on stupid shit, or you hear them saying "I have 2 millions in my bank account!" (I'm overreacting but something like that).

And... they don't let me get a job (Every time I say this people think I'm just lazy, but they are really manipulative about everything, I can't even take baths without hearing them saying: "Who are you sleeping with?"... and then denying everything if I try to confront them).

I think is financial abuse but I'm not completely sure about it because they don't control how much money I make or spend.

I've been reading the subreddit r/raisedbynarcissists and I'm pretty sure my mom has tome narcicistic traits. But to be honest, I'm not sure about this type of abuse (financial)... so if you know about it, please help me.

(Funny fact: last time I was worried about this same problem it was on the Suicide Discussion part of the forum.. Times change, I'm glad I'm trying to recover). 🐒

Reactions: Unknown21