ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
Oh I bet you don't wanna be spending your time at this min wage shit hole, but what kind of hours will you be free to be inconvenienced and probably harassed? Good lord it's such a rock and a hard place situation here... take the shit job and be miserable and still poor, or just go homeless and option 3 fucking die but as we all know that is also quite a difficult and frightening task. None of this is fun or enjoyable here man, it's been a shit show for as long as I can remember jesus fuck every waking moment is a god damn fucking NIGHTMARE

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: actual_fox, ryo the frog, StrangePossum and 9 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Hey man you can do it. Don't put up with any old job either. Ask questions at the interview at the end when they ask if you have any!! And if you find out people are shit there, find a new job! It makes ALL the difference. Imagine going somewhere to work where the people there actually brighten your day! ❤️I know job hunting can be shit but they payoff is worth it ❤️

S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
I gave up on the applications at the end of November. Filled out well over 200 with no luck. Now I'm moving on to the permanent solution phase.

I tried. I really fucking tried.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes and hungry_ghost
autistocracy

autistocracy

angel
Dec 1, 2022
Best of luck to you. Job hunting is the worst. It's so exhausting. If it helps, lie on your resume if you have to. A lot of employers just briefly skim the resume until it's time for an interview (if you get one).

Reactions: hopelessdreams and heavyeyes
Pentobarbital_Plz

Pentobarbital_Plz

STOP HAVING KIDS!!!
Oct 28, 2022
We're really just alive so we can work so we can buy more time to work

• Aww..
Reactions: makethepainstop, heavyeyes, demuic and 2 others
A

-autisticSunflower

Oct 17, 2022
I agree with the above people who say we are just here to be machines basically. Please get yourself as comfortable for as little as possible (including hours) and go see things, make experiences. That's the only thing keeping me going anyway.

Reactions: hopelessdreams
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Hey man you can do it. Don't put up with any old job either. Ask questions at the interview at the end when they ask if you have any!! And if you find out people are shit there, find a new job! It makes ALL the difference. Imagine going somewhere to work where the people there actually brighten your day! ❤️I know job hunting can be shit but they payoff is worth it ❤️
I get you're trying to be positive and encouraging but god damnnn this is like some kind of fairy tale imagining a min wage job (I am talking at/below $15 an hr) that is a magical place where everyone "brightens" your day. Holy shit if a place like this is real, someone's got to tell me about it! And sorry, but you are wrong my friend, the payoff is not worth it. It is not even enough to live off of. Also, it's not wise to just repeatedly up and quit a job every time the people are "shit" because then you will be considered a "job gypsy" by hiring managers and recruiters, ie someone who is not worth training because they will most likely quit soon. Not trying to be a dick about this, promise... but the reality of these kinds of jobs is pretty grim and the people usually are shit on top of the job already being shit. If you go above and beyond to "prove yourself" and do too much work, that will become the management's expectation of you specifically and you won't be appreciated or compensated for your extra work either. Then when promotions roll around, they won't promote you because you're already doing more work than the average worker they pay your shit hourly wage to. I speak from experience here. It's depressing. Really depressing. I'm not trying to say there isn't a single good job at that pay rate out there with relatively nice coworkers... I'm just saying, it's not the norm. People are assholes because the job is crappy, the customers are rude, the pay sucks, and the management doesn't reward people for hard work but picks favorites. Vicious cycle wherein people take out their aggression on particular coworkers, form little cliques, etc.

Reactions: sleeps, heavyeyes, HumansAreHell and 2 others
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Yeah, it sucks.

$15 per hour is decent in comparison to being piss poor, but yeah, you're not getting rich off of that.

I'm not sure what the alternative should be, but this wage-slave/busting ass for 8-10 hours a day is not it.

• Love
Reactions: makethepainstop, sleeps, heavyeyes and 1 other person
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Yeah, it sucks.

$15 per hour is decent in comparison to being piss poor, but yeah, you're not getting rich off of that.

I'm not sure what the alternative should be, but this wage-slave/busting ass for 8-10 hours a day is not it.
Even $15 an hour isn't shit in most places where rent rates have skyrocketed 😩 a lot of places expect you to make 3x the rent to be considered financially able to afford the apartment. This is at least how it is in the US where I live.

• Yay!
Reactions: makethepainstop, heavyeyes, demuic and 2 others
M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
The thing that stops me is that I dont have a not access (anymore) to a method that will succeed like N or SN

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I get you're trying to be positive and encouraging but god damnnn this is like some kind of fairy tale imagining a min wage job (I am talking at/below $15 an hr) that is a magical place where everyone "brightens" your day. Holy shit if a place like this is real, someone's got to tell me about it! And sorry, but you are wrong my friend, the payoff is not worth it. It is not even enough to live off of. Also, it's not wise to just repeatedly up and quit a job every time the people are "shit" because then you will be considered a "job gypsy" by hiring managers and recruiters, ie someone who is not worth training because they will most likely quit soon. Not trying to be a dick about this, promise... but the reality of these kinds of jobs is pretty grim and the people usually are shit on top of the job already being shit. If you go above and beyond to "prove yourself" and do too much work, that will become the management's expectation of you specifically and you won't be appreciated or compensated for your extra work either. Then when promotions roll around, they won't promote you because you're already doing more work than the average worker they pay your shit hourly wage to. I speak from experience here. It's depressing. Really depressing. I'm not trying to say there isn't a single good job at that pay rate out there with relatively nice coworkers... I'm just saying, it's not the norm. People are assholes because the job is crappy, the customers are rude, the pay sucks, and the management doesn't reward people for hard work but picks favorites. Vicious cycle wherein people take out their aggression on particular coworkers, form little cliques, etc.
Yeah I get ya. It's definitely not the norm in a minimum wage job. But it is possible, especially if you work in a place where the other people are well paid and happier, it helps. You would need to hunt for a good job for sure. But it is possible! I understand you've had enough though ❤️ we support you whatever you decide, but just do remember there is some hope for you yet, even now! ❤️❤️❤️ We'll miss you if you CTB ❤️❤️❤️

S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
Yeah I get ya. It's definitely not the norm in a minimum wage job. But it is possible, especially if you work in a place where the other people are well paid and happier, it helps. You would need to hunt for a good job for sure. But it is possible! I understand you've had enough though ❤️ we support you whatever you decide, but just do remember there is some hope for you yet, even now! ❤️❤️❤️ We'll miss you if you CTB ❤️❤️❤️
How do you know there's hope for them? What are you basing that on? If OP were to say there is no hope, what qualifies you to disagree with them?

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
How do you know there's hope for them? What are you basing that on? If OP were to say there is no hope, what qualifies you to disagree with them?
Because of my experience with minimum wage jobs. I had a GREAT one once. Why tf do you have to be so difficult and smash someone's hope to bits? NOT cool man. This is a pro-choice forum. Not the forum of zero hope allowed. Understand, mate?

almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
I want there to be hope, but just because I want it, doesn't mean it's there. As far as I can tell now, I have very few options should I attempt to keep living into 2023.
The problems:
-I have untreated mental health disorder, BP I'm pretty sure, maybe other things
-I have no healthcare, even if I signed up for the free county healthcare in my area (not sure if I qualify bc I haven't been working for months) I still couldn't afford to get help.
-I am about to lose my housing. I don't have a job. Even if I had kept the last job I got (which my mental health issues prevented me from keeping) I still would not have made enough money to keep my apartment.
- I cannot just go rent another place, even if I got 2 jobs tomorrow. Requirements in my area are you need to make 3x the monthly rent to get approved for a place. The only reason I am in this apartment now is because I co-signed a lease with someone and they bailed and I kept paying the bills.
- I don't have family I can move in with. Discussed my issues with my mom, she is apathetic to my situation, and just told me to go find a cheaper apartment. I have an uncle that would let me move in, but he is abusive, and has assaulted me multiple times in the past. He is also manipulative and will treat me like a house slave.

I don't know what to do now. Sure there are government programs out there... but there are long waiting lists for discounted housing. Plus these places are not in good areas, lots of crime etc and I would be living alone. I don't truly want to give up, but I don't foresee any way out now. Thinking about drinking the SN makes me very sad but, I am at a loss of how I will be able to even survive as a normal person without mental illness.

• Aww..
Reactions: Spiritual survivor
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
Because of my experience with minimum wage jobs. I had a GREAT one once. Why tf do you have to be so difficult and smash someone's hope to bits? NOT cool man. This is a pro-choice forum. Not the forum of zero hope allowed. Understand, mate?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that your swell experience with minimum wage jobs is an anomaly. It's not realistic for the majority.

Most people have expenses that minimum wage isn't going to cover.

Having legitimate hope is one thing.

Saying goofy, unrealistic shit under the guise of "hope" is altogether different.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I want there to be hope, but just because I want it, doesn't mean it's there. As far as I can tell now, I have very few options should I attempt to keep living into 2023.
The problems:
-I have untreated mental health disorder, BP I'm pretty sure, maybe other things
-I have no healthcare, even if I signed up for the free county healthcare in my area (not sure if I qualify bc I haven't been working for months) I still couldn't afford to get help.
-I am about to lose my housing. I don't have a job. Even if I had kept the last job I got (which my mental health issues prevented me from keeping) I still would not have made enough money to keep my apartment.
- I cannot just go rent another place, even if I got 2 jobs tomorrow. Requirements in my area are you need to make 3x the monthly rent to get approved for a place. The only reason I am in this apartment now is because I co-signed a lease with someone and they bailed and I kept paying the bills.
- I don't have family I can move in with. Discussed my issues with my mom, she is apathetic to my situation, and just told me to go find a cheaper apartment. I have an uncle that would let me move in, but he is abusive, and has assaulted me multiple times in the past. He is also manipulative and will treat me like a house slave.

I don't know what to do now. Sure there are government programs out there... but there are long waiting lists for discounted housing. Plus these places are not in good areas, lots of crime etc and I would be living alone. I don't truly want to give up, but I don't foresee any way out now. Thinking about drinking the SN makes me very sad but, I am at a loss of how I will be able to even survive as a normal person without mental illness.
Christ. That is complicated. I don't envy you, I'm so sorry ❤️

Maybe you could ask around friends and see if anyone would let you stay? Or try again talking to your mum? She is your mum after all, and if you're being threatened with homelessness surely it's possible for her to have it sink in with the right words? I might have other ideas if I think about it. It just needs a good brain storm

almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Christ. That is complicated. I don't envy you, I'm so sorry ❤️

Maybe you could ask around friends and see if anyone would let you stay? Or try again talking to your mum? She is your mum after all, and if you're being threatened with homelessness surely it's possible for her to have it sink in with the right words? I might have other ideas if I think about it. It just needs a good brain storm
Thanks, I appreciate you trying to think of solutions. I don't think talking to my mom anymore will help... the reason I ended up moving into this apartment is because she didn't want me living with her anymore. I lived with her almost 3 years as an adult. I paid rent for my room and utilities I used, plus food, and I tried to keep the peace... I think she just got tired of me. It was very demanding living with her. She would pile all these responsibilities on me even though I worked just as many hours as her. She would guilt me because of her aches and pains trying to get me to do all the work around the house, from keeping up the yard, cooking meals, washing her car, doing the laundry etc. It felt like I was expected to do everything and I never had a moment to myself. It was really hard but I dealt with it all because I felt like I had no other options. I started hanging out with my ex again, casually drinking just to get away from her house for a while. This really pushed her over the edge and she made me move out. Also, unfortunately I don't have any friends that could help. Thank you for trying to help and encourage though.

• Wow
Reactions: jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Thanks, I appreciate you trying to think of solutions. I don't think talking to my mom anymore will help... the reason I ended up moving into this apartment is because she didn't want me living with her anymore. I lived with her almost 3 years as an adult. I paid rent for my room and utilities I used, plus food, and I tried to keep the peace... I think she just got tired of me. It was very demanding living with her. She would pile all these responsibilities on me even though I worked just as many hours as her. She would guilt me because of her aches and pains trying to get me to do all the work around the house, from keeping up the yard, cooking meals, washing her car, doing the laundry etc. It felt like I was expected to do everything and I never had a moment to myself. It was really hard but I dealt with it all because I felt like I had no other options. I started hanging out with my ex again, casually drinking just to get away from her house for a while. This really pushed her over the edge and she made me move out. Also, unfortunately I don't have any friends that could help. Thank you for trying to help and encourage though.
Wow. That's terrible!! ❤️❤️ In your situation I'd even ask around on SS for a place to stay lol :-s

• Love
Reactions: almaranthine
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
these kinds of jobs is pretty grim and the people usually are shit on top of the job already being shit.
people take out their aggression on particular coworkers, form little cliques
Indeed, i only worked in person for a month. It was a new-age sales company (motivational quotes all over the place, speeches, etc) co-workers were like hyenas and only got paid if sold the product to someone. Shithole.
foresee any way out
Sometimes is like there are many "signs" to cross the exit.

almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Indeed, i only worked in person for a month. It was a new-age sales company (motivational quotes all over the place, speeches, etc) co-workers were like hyenas and only got paid if sold the product to someone. Shithole.

Sometimes is like there are many "signs" to cross the exit.
yeah I worked at a job like that with commission based sales, and my coworkers were very competitive and demeaning towards me... I didn't even care that much since we were still paid hourly and had plenty of hours where I worked the store alone. It upset them that I didn't want to play their little game.

And yeah, I feel like I've been ignoring the signs on this road of life for a while now, trying to delude myself that I could keep traveling along despite how bad things got... and now i've found myself at a complete stand still and the road ahead is blocked; there's no where left to go...

• Love
Reactions: bluem00n
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
there's no where left to go...
Last year a friend went to the other side and a month later i got ribs fucked (out of nowhere) I think the signs are so telltale that the only thing left is to hear it from Alexa lol

• Hugs
Reactions: almaranthine
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Last year a friend went to the other side and a month later i got ribs fucked (out of nowhere) I think the signs are so telltale that the only thing left is to hear it from Alexa lol
I'm sorry that we are both at this crossroads, contemplating the end. Also I hope your friend is at peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers
D

Deo volente

Nov 28, 2022
Oh I bet you don't wanna be spending your time at this min wage shit hole, but what kind of hours will you be free to be inconvenienced and probably harassed? Good lord it's such a rock and a hard place situation here... take the shit job and be miserable and still poor, or just go homeless and option 3 fucking die but as we all know that is also quite a difficult and frightening task. None of this is fun or enjoyable here man, it's been a shit show for as long as I can remember jesus fuck every waking moment is a god damn fucking NIGHTMARE

I am sorry you find yourself in that situation. I really feel for you. This is one of the primary reasons I am done with this world. It seems, unless you were born into a wealthy family or got really lucky at an amazing school or something, there is nothing to look forward to but a life of what is essentially slavery. We are forced to relinquish so much of our humanity under this system and then we are asked to be grateful for everything it has done for us. It is truly sickening and bleak.

Under such duress, it is nearly impossible to salvage any bit of hope to go on. So much of what is said as hopeful sounds exactly as desolate as the world from which we seek relief.

I know this almost certainly won't make a difference to you. In the end it has not even been enough for me. Still; the times when I was most at peace with my own condition was when I took a more philosophical approach to life. When I questioned if it really mattered if I was miserable or not. If the purpose of my life might not be to gratify my own dreams and desires, but to save someone or something else. It has even been kind of fun at times, going on silly grandiose quests for perfect knowledge.

In the end, I am only still here because when I finally acquired the key to the door of my own salvation I stopped caring when I died. I feel I could exist in this hell for 1000 years for the simple reason that I can make it as though I never suffered at all, whenever I want to.

Good luck on your journey.

Reactions: whatevs, ikadasui, almaranthine and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds really awful what you are going through, to me this whole concept of life is just cruel, unnecessary and depressing as we were forced to endure lives that we never asked for, with the guarantee being there that we will suffer in some way. Working is just being a slave to the society and at the end of the day it's all for nothing. All that humans are destined for is to reach a very old age and then just deteriorate and die. No wonder so many ctb, at least to me all of the struggle that life brings could never be worth it in any way.