FadeOut

FadeOut

Aug 9, 2022
Tomorrow, I'm going to break up my engagement. He loves me deeply. He is an absolute angel and doesn't deserve such suffering. I don't know how he'll react, I don't know what to tell him. I hate myself.

I'm sorry if this is too personal.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, ForbiddenSiren, chyme and 8 others
Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
Tomorrow, I'm going to break up my engagement. He loves me deeply. He is an absolute angel and doesn't deserve such suffering. I don't know how he'll react, I don't know what to tell him. I hate myself.

I'm sorry if this is too personal.
I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. Feeling pain is hard enough, and inflicting pain on someone else is even harder, espically when it's done out of love and for that person's wellbeing .

Don't ever be afraid to vent, and know that I'm wishing this goes as good as possible.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Finding Sirius, FadeOut and 1 other person
L

LetMeGoPlease

Student
Dec 5, 2020
We all deserve support. Maybe he loves being received for offering you support. We can't do this life alone, we all need love, especially us who are hurting. I respect your feelings and your decision though, I only wanted to say you are worthy of love.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Someone123
Meaningless_guy

Meaningless_guy

Time is a master who kills all his students.
Aug 12, 2022
I'm sorry about that, I recommend that you tell him the truth about why you're going to break up with him, I'm sure he'll understand, and if not, at least try, you can even find a way to fix things between the two of you, I met a friend who, to be honest, I liked, in short, I screwed up with certain things and I stopped wanting to even be my friend, recently I tried to talk to her by sending her an audio via WhatsApp to meet and talk about certain things, she did not answer me, however I don't regret trying it and it will be one less thing to regret on my death bed, I hope my comment will help you, good luck with your problem, I hope the best happens and you can solve it together.

psdt: I would love to know what happened and see if my advice helped you! Tell me or something if you feel like it, don't feel obligated of course.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Someone123
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you are suffering, it must be hard being in that situation. I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and FadeOut
N

notocarpediem

Aug 19, 2022
In the long run, breaking up is likely to be the best for both of you if you don't love him. Don't feel bad for following your gut/heart.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and GentleJerk
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
As much as it may hurt, it's better than stringing someone along. You'll both be okay in time!

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Foresight and notocarpediem
FadeOut

FadeOut

Aug 9, 2022
He convinced me to stay with him and not to think about getting married for a while, just to see how it develops when we move together soon.

He's a kind soul. Protects and supports me. And he has a mature view on love as a decision, not something based on passion. He said that for him love is simply about feeling good, comfortable with the other person. And he might be right.

I'm still unsure but decided to give it another chance. I believe that I'll never find someone as good as him. I'm afraid I'm just rationalising. I'm a monster incapable of love.

I'm still suicidal. Somehow I know that nothing can make me truly happy and I see no end to my anxiety disorder. I'm just so, so tired.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Sick of it all
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Does he know about your problems? You obviously care about him or this would not be a issue.
If you are seeking help? Maybe include him at some level. He might be able to easy your anxiety and that could allow you be comfortable in your relationship.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
FadeOut

FadeOut

Aug 9, 2022
Does he know about your problems? You obviously care about him or this would not be a issue.
If you are seeking help? Maybe include him at some level. He might be able to easy your anxiety and that could allow you be comfortable in your relationship.
He knows about my mental illness and he's very supportive. I'm not sure how he's going to handle it when we move in together though. I live with my parents now and it irritates them constantly.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
He and your parents have different relationships with you.
I hope it works out well.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and FadeOut
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I want both of you to be happy. I do want to say, make it a very long engagement.
Don't rush into anything. Living with someone could make it better or worse.
You may feel trapped. Especially if you get married and feel there isn't a way out.
People do change after marriage. So you need to see what will be like before you waste both of your time.
If you don't love him it won't be fair to either of you.
IDK... I don't want to tell you the wrong thing. My life is a mess, so who am I to give advice.

Anyway, I hope everything works out.

Reactions: Worndown