Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
I'm not sure if what I just experienced was a panic attack or momentary mental break but I really don't know what's going on

I was trying to get ready for bed when my mind started thinking about what I'd be doing tomorrow, and my mind fucking recoiled from that thought and I immediately curled up in a ball on my bed and tried to get smaller and smaller while feeling like I was physically under attack, and that i had to close my eyes and get smaller while flinching and shaking and recoiling. My breathing got faster and I felt like i was crying without tears.

Eventually my breathing slowed and I thought it had passed, so I went to sh to try to relax and afterwards I tried to set my alarm but that set me off worse than before. It felt like my right arm wasn't under my control and that it was trying to hurt me or something, I'm not entirely sure. I tried to curl up and hide again but something snapped in me and i said "I'm going to fucking kill myself" and I grabbed a rope, wrapped it around my neck, and went into my bathroom but stopped just before tying the rope to anything else. My breathing slowed again, I put the rope away, and I lied down in front of my bed for about 15 minutes to try to dissociate and calm down.

Now I'm here typing this out, and I really just want to know if that was a panic attack, mental break, or what. I've experienced similar but weaker versions before that usually stop around getting smaller and feeling attacked, but I'm honestly scared of myself now and what happened. Thanks to anyone who reads this mess and helps out.

• Hugs
Reactions: notjustyetagain, Woodnote and Temporarilyabsurd
exhausted

exhausted

Experienced
Oct 22, 2019
Panic attack with dissociation?

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
Now I'm here typing this out, and I really just want to know if that was a panic attack, mental break, or what. I've experienced similar but weaker versions before that usually stop around getting smaller and feeling attacked, but I'm honestly scared of myself now and what happened. Thanks to anyone who reads this mess and helps out.

Just saying Hi , and that I read this ...

I have had these kind of things happen .

There maybe some helpful things to do that seem out of reach , or you haven't thought about ...

Something soothing like ambient music , or refreshingly distracting like a walk .

I don't know , I mainly just wanted to say something to respond !

( I think these things are a little bit more natural than we are led to believe ... maybe for reasons we are unaware of ...
what I am trying to say is that this is your experience and it might be compassionate to yourself to at least experience it as
an unpleasant but 'normal' experience .
Sometimes nature throws us for a loop , and we all have our own personal specific experience .)

I have just been reading a bit about my own shit , and am at the moment in a calm zone , and have been trying to
accept some of my own 'out of control' experiences ... so that is where I am coming from .

I'm hoping you can access something to make this more tolerable.

I think I just wanted to momentarily be a person that was aware of your situation and accepted it in a calm way .
I think I would have found that helpful when experiencing this kind of thing.

Sorry if this seems glib or trite.
( I hate it when I kind of lose it , and I empathize as much as is possible. )

Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
Just saying Hi , and that I read this ...

I have had these kind of things happen .

There maybe some helpful things to do that seem out of reach , or you haven't thought about ...

Something soothing like ambient music , or refreshingly distracting like a walk .

I don't know , I mainly just wanted to say something to respond !

( I think these things are a little bit more natural than we are led to believe ... maybe for reasons we are unaware of ...
what I am trying to say is that this is your experience and it might be compassionate to yourself to at least experience it as
an unpleasant but 'normal' experience .
Sometimes nature throws us for a loop , and we all have our own personal specific experience .)

I have just been reading a bit about my own shit , and am at the moment in a calm zone , and have been trying to
accept some of my own 'out of control' experiences ... so that is where I am coming from .

I'm hoping you can access something to make this more tolerable.

I think I just wanted to momentarily be a person that was aware of your situation and accepted it in a calm way .
I think I would have found that helpful when experiencing this kind of thing.

Sorry if this seems glib or trite.
( I hate it when I kind of lose it , and I empathize as much as is possible. )
Thank you, it honestly helps just knowing that there's others who experience similar things, or that I've been heard at all since I can't talk about these things irl.

I might try playing ambient music to stay calm, thanks for the suggestion friend :)

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
Thank you, it honestly helps just knowing that there's others who experience similar things, or that I've been heard at all since I can't talk about these things irl.

I might try playing ambient music to stay calm, thanks for the suggestion friend :)

I'm glad.
I have been in the loop d loop.

Today I am having a very calm day ... so I'm wishing the same for you .

I don't know how old you are or what you tastes are , but I love Brian Eno and Marconi Union (sp?)

It would be good to think there was a way you could communicate with someone irl , to talk about this , but I don't know your circumstances .

I had a bit of an insomniac self berating attack a week or so ago and I chanted some " show myself loving kindness "
mantra ... to focus my mind on a positive vibe . I know it sounds silly , but I am listening a lot to Tara Brach these days ...
( I'm spamming the board !!! ) and it seems like a possible helpful avenue , to show ourselves some compassion ...

Hope you find some sounds that help a bit .

Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
Thank you, I'll probably jam some vaporwave or flatsound tonight and see if that helps

Reactions: Temporarilyabsurd
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Thank you, I'll probably jam some vaporwave or flatsound tonight and see if that helps
Wishing you a peaceful and blessed night of rest.
Sleep easy and sweet dreams.
Everything is going to be okay.

:heart:

Reactions: Lil_Intro_Vert
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
Tha
Wishing you a peaceful and blessed night of rest.
Sleep easy and sweet dreams.
Everything is going to be okay.

:heart:
Thank you so much, that means a lot :)