morbyxz

morbyxz

Sep 9, 2023
I received my SN a couple days ago and I feel more anxious than before somehow. Im just feeling stressed that my SI will kick in even though I want nothing but death as long as I can remember. I dont have anything to look forward to. School sucks cause Im a social reject and I feel like im behind in every subject. My final exams are in may and I seriously dont want to be there at that time. I cant be there. But I cant help it to feel anxious as I only have SN, zero meds. I fear pain and discomfort coming with that method but I hope I can bear it, having in mind that I overdosed multiple times and that wasnt fun experience either. I know that SI and fear is natural response of my brain but I seriously hate it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: M.O.N, ChronicallyCynical, Forever Sleep and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It certainly is like the survival instinct just exists to prolong suffering, I find it horrible how we cannot just have the option to be free from this existence in peace without any risks and complications. But anyway best wishes.

Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
I hope you get better, man. When my SN arrived I felt a great peace, a little anxious but it ended with time. I really hope you find the best path and make the best decisions now. Good luck buddy.

L

Liamyzzuf

Feb 1, 2023
When I got my sn, I tested some of it. Got an SPO2 monitor, took .5g of it and just waited and saw how it felt. Seeing the SPO2 steadily drop to 90% was reassuring that it was effective. I also got to experience the side effects which were unpleasant, but tolerable. (Of course don't do this unless you're okay with an "accidental" death)

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
Jeez, you're still at school and contemplating suicide? That's so sad! What caused your life to be cut so short?

Reactions: betternever2havbeen
B

BeratingLife

Aug 20, 2022
When I got my sn, I tested some of it. Got an SPO2 monitor, took .5g of it and just waited and saw how it felt. Seeing the SPO2 steadily drop to 90% was reassuring that it was effective. I also got to experience the side effects which were unpleasant, but tolerable. (Of course don't do this unless you're okay with an "accidental" death)
You tried your SN?

B

BeratingLife

Aug 20, 2022
Well, yeah. Best way to see if what I had was effective. I don't want to hold on to it if it doesn't work.
Can i ask if opening the seal will change the sodium nitrite? Like if exposing it to the air might cause it to lose its desired effect or potency?

chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
SI is real but also doesn't it feel comforting to at least know your way out is available whenever, there is an out, and one no longer feels stuck

Reactions: front of me
L

Liamyzzuf

Feb 1, 2023
Can i ask if opening the seal will change the sodium nitrite? Like if exposing it to the air might cause it to lose its desired effect or potency?
It will, in the same way that leaving a bag of chips open will make the chips stale. Just put it in a jar or sealed container. Imagine your sn is a snack that you don't want going stale.

B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I received my SN a couple days ago and I feel more anxious than before somehow. Im just feeling stressed that my SI will kick in even though I want nothing but death as long as I can remember. I dont have anything to look forward to. School sucks cause Im a social reject and I feel like im behind in every subject. My final exams are in may and I seriously dont want to be there at that time. I cant be there. But I cant help it to feel anxious as I only have SN, zero meds. I fear pain and discomfort coming with that method but I hope I can bear it, having in mind that I overdosed multiple times and that wasnt fun experience either. I know that SI and fear is natural response of my brain but I seriously hate it.
Do you not wanna try and fix your life at all? You sound pretty young-are you in your last year of US high school? You can learn social skills, and make friends in the next phase of your life whether it be further education or work. Loads of people are rejects in school, it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. If you're struggling with your grades then study? Or just ask for help, there is no shame in that, maybe you just need some support. Yeh I mean the SN will be much more tolerable with the other meds-maybe you aren't ready yet?

S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
Are you a minor? That's very concerning.

Anyway having brought the sn I also feel scared of failing by vomiting or any other mean possible. Making a through plan will increase the chances of success. That's all I can say. That's at least what I'm going to do.

front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
Do you not wanna try and fix your life at all? You sound pretty young-are you in your last year of US high school? You can learn social skills, and make friends in the next phase of your life whether it be further education or work. Loads of people are rejects in school, it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. If you're struggling with your grades then study? Or just ask for help, there is no shame in that, maybe you just need some support. Yeh I mean the SN will be much more tolerable with the other meds-maybe you aren't ready yet?
Does age have an income in death? At least not 70 years old. I believe that every person has the freedom to choose whether he is young or old, and there is no bidding if he is 18 or 28. Everyone has the right to death or life.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and morbyxz
morbyxz

morbyxz

Sep 9, 2023
Are you a minor? That's very concerning.

Anyway having brought the sn I also feel scared of failing by vomiting or any other mean possible. Making a through plan will increase the chances of success. That's all I can say. That's at least what I'm going to do.
no, im not a minor. Im nearly 20
Jeez, you're still at school and contemplating suicide? That's so sad! What caused your life to be cut so short?
I dont get why me being in school have anything to do with wanting to ctb. Ive been feeling like that for 8 years or so. Of course school is not my only, or my biggest problem. Im just tired man. I live in constant anxiety due to my severe anxiety disorder. It got so bad that most of my days is just me being in actual physical pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen, LonelyKitten and ChronicallyCynical
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
That exhaustion is very real, whether you are young or old. Being younger doesn't mean you've necessarily got less reason to ctb. And, as OP has now said, it's been like this for years for him. I'm not much older than them, and I've also felt the way I have for around a decade or so.

Public settings can greatly increase one's anxiety and exhaustion, especially if one is neither an extrovert nor someone with high esteem, confidence, or a feeling of security.

We need not gatekeep suicide as an option -- bad enough the pro-lifers are against it completely. Why should we follow in their footsteps? It's true, I think it's a shame when anyone is at that point with their suffering at which they contemplate death. However, my own personal feelings should never invalidate theirs. They feel the way they do for a reason, and they wish for a way out for a reason. They do not owe us the whys, hows, and whats of their situation.

Share as much as you wish, and don't feel pressured to share any more than that, Morb.

SI is a verifiable pain in the ass when you're in that position.

I think sedating yourself in some way, or finding some method which triggers it less might be useful if you are afraid... Preparation is a good idea. There are a few threads if you spend enough time looking through this place, that might give a few good tips -- sorry that I can't be any help there --. And heck, you might even find more places to vent on here and/or something to distract yourself from the fear of things failing.

I see you've only got 2 posts here thus far and you've only joined yesterday. Try taking some time to just get to know the community and read through the threads. Hey, there might be more than just advice on ctb here. Maybe you'll find more folks relating to your anxieties -- haven't been diagnosed, but I might have social and general anxiety... it's a literal pain at times --, and maybe even some advice for that.

Overdosing can be a bit of a pain to work out. Some things aren't as harmful as others, even when they all tell you to immediately call emergency services if you consume too much at once. Figured that one out by myself when I was younger. -_-'' And the SI will have you purge the contents.

Social rejection sucks. And the consequences are lasting. Had that throughout primary school, barely got better in highschool, then at the end, my "friendships" crashed and burned (so much for all those best friends forever trinkets, I guess...), and now in university, I'm ping-ponging between "wait, they want me to be a part of their group" and "oh, I'm guessing they just wanted to feel better about themselves by helping the loner" or "they probably think I'm a weirdo/freak" constantly.

As per your academic performance, comparing yourself to others rarely helps in self-improvement. You can use it as encouragement, but I wouldn't stress about it too much. I know that's probably not gonna help much -- I mean, I had that too, several times, in several subjects and I'm not so sure if this advice would've done much for me -- but we all learn at our own pace and we're all better/worse at different things. I've come to accept I'll just never be top of class in anything. Can't say it made me feel good, but at least it took some of the stress away of trying to keep up with others.

Exams are stressful. If there was another way to go about figuring out where our strengths and weaknesses lie in academia, that'd be great. However, once they're over, that's it. The world won't implode whether you pass or fail. And, even if it did, correlation doesn't equal causation. It wouldn't have been your fault. If you don't end up opting for suicide, put in what work you feel you can put in, and try to avoid thinking about the what-ifs. Yeah, having good academic qualifications is handy, but not having them is not the end of your employability.

We live in the 21st century. There's apprenticeships, and more regular - if lower-paid - jobs. But you can also be self-employed. A YouTuber, a streamer, an influencer, a vlogger...

Yeah, it's tough, no matter which option you choose. You're gonna get highs and lows. It won't work out for everyone. But there is a chance.

Do you feel like you have to do well in academia? Are there parental expectations? You don't have to answer these questions. Though, if I can say something, your parent's opinions on these things are not fact. You needn't depend on their approval. If it's pressure from family or friends, then it might be better to let go of those people. Have teachers implied in some way that you won't achieve much if you can't do well enough in school? And do you really think they're the experts in this? They only know about a small part of your potential, and that's whatever subject they teach you. Being academically smart is only one form of smarts. It's only one part of a potentially successful person, and you can make up for it in other ways.

And, actually, just because you don't perform as well in exams, doesn't mean you're not good at academic subjects. It could be the learning method, or testing method that impacts your results. It could be that you're very good at some but then terrible at others, and where you struggle it drags down the average -- but that's just the way it is, there wouldn't be anything wrong with you if it were that way. Academia is not tailored to each individual. It's no wonder so many have limited success in it. It's also different in different environments. I mean, I read an article once, which showed that the ability for students to pass at a certain education level varied between schools - with some having as much as an 80%+ rate in successfully passing five classes at a certain level in one year, and some having only 40% or lower. My highschool was one of those with lower success rates. Even before Covid hit. But even from those schools with high success rates, I would never judge the students who didn't quite make it.

Anyway, sorry for the long post.

At the end of the day, whichever path you choose, I hope you can ease your anxieties and I respect your decision. No one deserves endless suffering.

D

Deleted member 65988

Well, yeah. Best way to see if what I had was effective. I don't want to hold on to it if it doesn't work.
Quite the risk at .5g since most of the effects are felt at that point with it not likely to kill but still enough to feel the effects. I'm very surprised people still try this.

S

SN drinker

Aug 13, 2023
When I first got my SN fron IC, I felt great. One step closer to my goal. But then the cops came and took it. After that, I bought more and felt great again. Suicide is my goal, so I no reason to feel bad.

B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Does age have an income in death? At least not 70 years old. I believe that every person has the freedom to choose whether he is young or old, and there is no bidding if he is 18 or 28. Everyone has the right to death or life.
I believe that also, and I won't push. It was naïve of me to think school was OPs only problem-they probably wouldn't have ended up here if it was.