• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

leadedSnail

leadedSnail

May 29, 2024
Huge emotions right now and needing to leave. I've been feeling trapped for over a year and feel like I am making no progress in my life. When I was more suicidal, I wanted to run away into a forest and see if my will to live would overtake this illness, and to see how hard I would fight for my life. Now, I'm instead considering joining a conservation corps somewhere in the US. Maybe that would help this trapped feeling? But I'm second guessing myself and wondering if separating from my support group and routine would be more detrimental to my recovery. The logistics of joining a corps are fine and I'm okay with shit pay, I just have an overwhelming feeling of being trapped and needing to leave.

• Hugs
Reactions: YosemiteGrrl and Makoto
H

Hvergelmir

May 5, 2024
It's not some irreversible, risky, or self destructive thing. I think you should pursue it with full confidence.
I think it's very unlikely that you'll find it detrimental for your long term recovery.

Compare it to other alternatives, but don't second guess yourself.
In my experience, leaving things behind and trying something new have always been the right thing to do, when feeling trapped.

Reactions: leadedSnail