Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I have just destroyed some childhood photos of myself after a family member snapped at me. It is not like I can defend myself directly in the current environment that I am in, so I have to find other ways to express my anger and upset - otherwise I will explode. Edit: Expressing myself honestly or standing up for my boundaries usually results in an aggressive response from them.

It does sound really petty of me, and I do not know the point of this post or where it is supposed to go, but I felt that I needed to vent about it.

Sorry.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DivineMedicus, Hopeindeath!, CoalmineCanary and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Vent as much as you want, my friend.
Sorry to hear you're feeling like that.
I feel trapped too, in this hell called LIFE.

Reactions: Seaghost, Sprite_Geist, AnxietyAttack44 and 1 other person
Intotheflames

Intotheflames

a stranger in a strange land
Dec 23, 2020
I did more than that so don't feel petty. It's completely normal, And never apologize for expression.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44 and Deleted member 23885
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
I hope you all the best on your recovery or eventual ctb. Life is full of suffering- I've said it so many times for emphasis- so expressing uncomfortable emotions is understandable.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
don't feel bad about your feelings. you are going through stuff many don't understand, it's always better to say things that bother you then to keep it in. sometimes i'd scream if i could. i'm just sorry i can't help you with it in any other way then being moral support
don't be sorry

ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
Join the club! It feels like I'm just waiting around to die!

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Barracuda91
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I have systematically been through my parents' photos, torn up and thrown away all the ones in which I appear. It feels like being released in some way (perhaps each one does take away a bit of your soul). I have also gotten rid of many other things my parents held on to of mine from my childhood.

Parents need to let go of stuff like that, not hold on to things as representations and reminders of who you used to be. They instead should give a damn about the real, living, breathing person in front of them. That's how I see things at least.

Last edited: