thrutrekfinaly

thrutrekfinaly

May 4, 2023
Feeling pretty lonely right now. I had a old friend , well, my only friend, we aren't friends anymore and I miss him quite a lot. It was fun talking to him, we'd talk for hours on the phone. Hang out and just chill. Talk about life, society, or whatever.

I have a wife but you know , if your a husband or a man you know sometimes it's good to talk to another person. Known him since I was 5. I'm very sad tonight. Sorry I don't have much more to say about it. It can be as bad as a break up sometimes. Found out the friend may not have liked me much . But meant the world to me. I guess the pain will numb like it always does with time. But I really thought we'd be old men laughing together one day. I feel real dumb. Idk, sorry, that's all I gotta say. Just feeling lonely.

• Hugs
Reactions: starlightsun, Deleted member 60002, The anhedonic one and 2 others
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Been there too, including now being alone. Doesn't sound like you are in a happy marriage either since you been really more focused on your friend. Do you have other friends you can talk to? Is there something that can make things better with the wife?

Reactions: The anhedonic one
thrutrekfinaly

thrutrekfinaly

May 4, 2023
Been there too, including now being alone. Doesn't sound like you are in a happy marriage either since you been really more focused on your friend. Do you have other friends you can talk to? Is there something that can make things better with the wife?
Things are good with the wife, she's an angel. I just miss my old friend. She's all I have now. Which is great, but sometimes it's nice to have another or old friend to talk too.

D

Deleted member 60002

Apr 11, 2023
People change and drift apart; it's just human nature. There is often no obvious reason why these things happen and that can make it harder. I am wishing you all the best in this tough time. Hopefully, you find a new friend or that you and your old one reconnect in the future.

The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I've had more than I can take of people abandoning me, or finding out that they were not really a friend after all.
I go through life alone now, and keep to myself.
That way, nobody can hurt me anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: thrutrekfinaly and Deleted member 60002
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I get that loneliness is painful for so many in this cruel world but I think it's better to be alone as you certainly cannot trust and rely on other people, it's just the reality that humans very often just create more suffering.

• Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: JensenX, thrutrekfinaly and The anhedonic one
J

JensenX

Jun 6, 2022
I get that loneliness is painful for so many in this cruel world but I think it's better to be alone as you certainly cannot trust and rely on other people, it's just the reality that humans very often just create more suffering.
There are plenty of helpful humans around that can help. Are you suggesting that a suicidal person should stay alone and not seek help because not everyone is helpful? I'd call that very bad advice. Better to try and fail than not try at all. Death is final. It's worth some effort to avoid it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaxxon_sunn
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
As someone who spent the last 15 months realizing I have no friends and my family doesn't give a shit about me. Also as someone who never really has had long-term or close friends.... I know how it feels. I wish I could help because it means I could help me too. If I am you I would tell my wife.

Reactions: Dude and Praestat_Mori