jacob6767

jacob6767

Soon to be Free
Oct 3, 2019
So, I've been dating my girlfriend for a long while and she's all I have as of lately, but something changed her. It's like I cant confide in her anymore without her talking about herself or her blaming herself, she just always turns it onto her somehow, and I try so hard to deal with it, and we do mention it and she argues about it a lot. I'm always there for her when she has family issues, late at night and I even wake up to her text notifications and calls and talk to her, but she doesn't do the same. We've broken up before a lot and she always uses the same guilt trip saying she cant live without me and she'll kill herself...and I know she'd do it. I still have feelings for her and she's literally all I have..Idk if she's also abusing me.

She's been this way ever since I told her I had pancreas cancer and she always sounds distraught when she'll bring it up but then she'll quickly switch to make it about herself or her parents or her issues, and every time I try to tell her I want to kill myself before I die by cancer, she'll seem okay with it, but goes behind my back and tells my abusive twin brother everything. I feel more lost than usual and I just wanna go this month.. She assumed that I wanted to ctb on my birthday around April and she turns that and goes "WOW MY BIRTHDAYS IN MARCH AND HE'D DO THAT TO ME" to my twin.. idk what to do anymore.

I just wanna go ;-;

QUICK EDIT - after typing this out i broke things off, blocked her on everything but I know my brother and friends will be trying to talk to me for her, or urged by her to try.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Notcutoutforlife, clownangel and Dawn0071111
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I'm sorry in advance, but your girlfriend sounds like a manipulative narcissist. An emotional vampire, if you will.

You can't control other people's behavior, so it's not your fault if she takes her own life. I know it sounds callous, but your priority should be taking care of yourself, not someone who emotionally drains you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Notcutoutforlife, darkworld15, DepressionsAHo and 5 others
jacob6767

jacob6767

Soon to be Free
Oct 3, 2019
I'm sorry in advance, but your girlfriend sounds like a manipulative narcissist. An emotional vampire, if you will.

You can't control other people's behavior, so it's not your fault if she takes her own life. I know it sounds callous, but your priority should be taking care of yourself, not someone who emotionally drains you.

After typing this all out, I broke up with her and told her she can say all the guilt things she wants, I wont be here to listen.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: darkworld15, gingerplum, LMFAO FOCKERS and 3 others
clownangel

clownangel

Student
Sep 25, 2019

Came here to say this before I saw your second reply breaking up with her. All of this reads as super emotionally manipulative to me, I'm sorry that you've been dealing with this - cutting ties can be super hella hard but I'm happy to hear y'all stood your ground on it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: gingerplum, LMFAO FOCKERS and jacob6767
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
QUICK EDIT - after typing this out i broke things off, blocked her on everything but I know my brother and friends will be trying to talk to me for her, or urged by her to try.
:heart:

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!! Please stay away!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jacob6767, DepressionsAHo and gingerplum
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191010-002834_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191010-002834_Chrome.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Love
Reactions: jacob6767 and clownangel
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
Good riddance. I dated a man child that acted like that and getting rid of him and his gaslighting, emotionally abusive ass was the best thing I ever did.

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife, jacob6767, clownangel and 1 other person
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019

Yes yes and yes
I'm tired right now so I couldn't see if someone had replied but I came here to say exactly this. I was gonna force my vision to go straight to say this. She sounds SOOO manipulative. I'm glad you broke things off with her. DO NOT go back. Your priority Is you and only you

• Love
Reactions: clownangel, gingerplum and jacob6767
jacob6767

jacob6767

Soon to be Free
Oct 3, 2019
Don't worry everyone, I don't plan on going back to her.
I think now that I finally focus on myself and my health, I'll be happier.

• Love
Reactions: clownangel, pole, darkworld15 and 2 others
darkworld15

darkworld15

Sep 30, 2019
Glad you got rid of her. After reading one paragraph the word "abusive" came to my mind as well. Btw, I had an extremely abusive ex-husband who had me terrified he'd kill himself if I left him. When I finally left and he never made any attempts.

• Hugs
Reactions: jacob6767