Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Have to go to work today, go to a staff Christmas party afterwards and this is just hell! I'm way too messed up to even work yet alone a staff party, I'm fucked
Peace/hugs

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Final Escape, LegaliseIt!, Lifetimepunishment and 6 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Have to go to work today, go to a staff Christmas party afterwards and this is just hell! I'm way too messed up to even work yet alone a staff party, I'm fucked
Peace/hugs

Staff parties are so fake and cringey. Definitely one of my least favorite things about the Holidays and something I try to avoid at all costs. Be careful what you say or do because these events are usually gossip fuel at its finest.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, LegaliseIt!, Nem and 1 other person
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
Staff parties huh ! I couldn't stand it and used to drink far too much just to be able to clap like the others after the CEO's speech. Then one day they stopped serving alcohol so I stopped going.

Reactions: Final Escape, LegaliseIt! and Nem
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I would always plan to leave at the earliest moment, or volunteer to look after the food/drinks table so that I could spend time in the background, and have a purpose. Depends on the work culture—hard to do that if it's catered!

Reactions: Final Escape and EmptyArms
EmptyArms

EmptyArms

Student
Dec 1, 2019
I hate hate hate parties. Scheduled fun and happiness. I hate small talk. I hate awkward silences. I hate mingling. I actually have quite good social skills from years of doing a job where it was necessary, but they are just skills, tricks. Parties make me feel down and isolated and as though theres something wrong with me for not getting into the woop woop on cue. Also I fucking hate party clothes. Thanks for listening. That's my party rant over. For NOW.
I would always plan to leave at the earliest moment, or volunteer to look after the food/drinks table so that I could spend time in the background, and have a purpose. Depends on the work culture—hard to do that if it's catered!
This. Also never ever bring a coat. That way you can go to the loo/for a breath of fresh air/make a phone call and just scale a wall/clung to the underneath of a delivery truck or something and leave unnoticed. Did I mention I'll do almost anything to not be at a party?

Last edited:
Reactions: LegaliseIt!