LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
This is something I've noticed as I'm coming closer and closer to wanting to just do it.
I know that overall I want to live (but not like this!), and I have had trouble fully committing to one decision or the other.

But when I think about, and plan to ctb, I feel this happiness, and serenity. This is likely because I do and engage with all the things I enjoy before it.
It's like I become semi-functional, even a little more social than usual in this broken state.
You see, I like the idea of trying to end on a "high note".
Still young (25), still pretty, still somewhat fresh in the minds of my social circles.
Theoretically, on the outside, it may even look like I still have potential! (which, honestly I do think I have if I had kept myself in proper circumstances)
And it is all within my control! No need to fear loss as much, I can die right with all I have loved, being with it until my very final moments.
My fearful, traumatized inner child would 100 % choose this route.
She could finally rest, and be fully, entirely safe in that last moment, for all of eternity.

Then when I turn to considering the alternative, staying alive, I feel fear. Misery, depression.
I do still feel the blind excitement, optimism and hope, that used to propel me to big changes, but it all terrifies me now.
I could easily irreversibly lose the last bits of what keeps me comfort now.
In fact, I could even outright lose the chance to ctb at all, or my entire physical freedom.
It is a *complete* wildcard. Now formerly, I'd (here I as in the adult/adolescent part of me) love those risky situations and would flock to them like a moth to a flame.
But now, it is merely a compromise to my adult self. There is no significant chance of success or safety.
This would come almost entirely at the cost of my safe little departure from this world.
I don't want to put either part of myself through so much more suffering.

At the end of the day, I just feel so tired. I neither managed to sustainably protect the child, nor keep the adult's life running.
All I am doing now is lounging for the scraps of what might still remain in this life.

Coincidentally, I was recently asked what I want to do in the future (this was employment related).
Each time this question comes up in my mind these days, I grow mute.
I used to be really excited about this. I enjoyed working in healthcare in the past and wanted to do more of that before studying/learning something better suited for later life.

But now, the only response that fills the room is silence.
As if there was no future left.
It sure does sound like an illusion at this point.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and ipmanwc0
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
It is not easy to make this choice. It sounds like you have potential but no hope. You might need to really look at your life, current situation and options. See if you can make life work or if it is too far gone.
I hope you find the answers that work best for you.

Reactions: LonelyKitten
M

Mrpickles

Sep 29, 2023
At 25, I had a lot of potential, I leveraged it to get a pretty high position in my career. I'm less happy now than I was at 25. That's a tough one. I wish you the best on whichever route you take.

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyKitten
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
It is not easy to make this choice. It sounds like you have potential but no hope. You might need to really look at your life, current situation and options. See if you can make life work or if it is too far gone.
I hope you find the answers that work best for you.
Thank you.

I've already assessed that by now, actually.
I know the two choices left to me (and they're both ridiculous extremes, of course...)

Just gotta impulsively pick a poison now.
*sigh* What a lifestyle.