danzk

danzk

Apr 27, 2023
The only thing that has been holding me back is the fear of what happens after death. I grew up in a Christian family and I have always heard about what happens after death. I don't fully believe in it, but it has still scared me. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be here anymore. What can I do to overcome this fear and finally get CTB?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: deathsisarelief, sorrowful, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
Steff1337

Steff1337

Autistic and schizophrenic, please be respectful
Jun 21, 2024
Idk what to say. Personally, I was never afraid of death. I believe that I would just cease to exist completely or go to Heaven.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
genoke

genoke

Aug 13, 2024
The only thing that has been holding me back is the fear of what happens after death. I grew up in a Christian family and I have always heard about what happens after death. I don't fully believe in it, but it has still scared me. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be here anymore. What can I do to overcome this fear and finally get CTB?
Could there be spiritual consequences? Maybe. I think every circumstance is different.

Tibetan monks are as close to the truth as anyone alive. They can do miraculous things. You feel wind when they walk by. They kill themselves all the time. Mostly in prostest of china taking tibet and displacing them and the dalai lama to give it international attention, definitely not depression. This gives me relief.

If you want me to crush the validity of the Bible for you. Let me know. It's just bad writing and you were taught to have this fear. Christianity is silly it's just a solid framework for a functioning society. Make them god-fearing for their actions. If God and Jesus are all forgiving and know what's in your heart. Make your peace, ask for forgiveness, and if Jesus doesn't forgive you, he's kind of a dick, so it's all nonsense anyway. Having said that. Hindus believe in a f'd up purgatory and Buddhists believe in a lower rebirth so. Don't kill yourself, and live to a natural conclusion to be sure. If you're hesitant about killing yourself, keep pushing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: J&L383 and sorrowful
T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
What do you think of the Epicurean Paradox?

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I don't fear Death

After Death a human ceases to exist forever

Non-existence forever means no pain, no problems, no suffering, no bad memories ever

Non-existence forever is the best thing so I don't fear it I ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36 and ijustwishtodie
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally feel the opposite way, what I fear is existence and instead I find comfort in death as I believe that once one dies they simply lose consciousness and never exist again. To never suffer again in this cruel, torturous existence that has caused me nothing but pain is certainly all I wish for, it terrifies me how a human can suffer for so long with no limit as to how much agony they can feel, I only hope and wish for nothingness, I'd never wish to exist. But anyway I wish you all the best.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Z

ZarskoV

Aug 22, 2024
Do you mean that thing of "there's no point on fearing death bc while you exist death doesn't and when death does exist then you don't" ? I remember reading something like this in a book I got about him, idk...

T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
Do you mean that thing of "there's no point on fearing death bc while you exist death doesn't and when death does exist then you don't" ? I remember reading something like this in a book I got about him, idk...
Nah, it's the first image that pops up when you google epicurean paradox.

AbsurdAbyss

AbsurdAbyss

Lost, broken, empty, fragmented.
Mar 4, 2024
i don't think fear changes anything - it only makes accepting death much harder. i've found in my experience that meditating on the fact that everything i've seen, felt, understood will cease to exist with me in death(including fear, hatred, pain and pleasure) helps alleviate my anxiety to a certain extent but its only human to be bound by our emotions as long as life binds us in its bewitching snare so its different for everybody.

Reactions: Surai
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't fear death as I think that death is just permanent non existence. Permanent non existence sounds incredibly peaceful and perhaps even the best outcome that I could ask for. What I fear is dying as the only methods that I can access are the brutal ones and I already have a low tolerance for pain. If I fail just once, I'll permanently be a prisoner to my parents

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Strengthen your non belief I guess. That helped me. I wasn't exactly raised in a strict religion but I have had people around with very firm beliefs- including that suicides go to hell. When I first had suicidal thoughts- aged 10, they frightened me- in part because of this. It didn't take long though to realise that these beliefs weren't actually mine.

As I aged, I became more and more doubtful about orthodox religions. It made sense why certain religious ideas were popularised at certain times- including the idea of suicides going to hell. I wish I could find the YouTube video I saw ages ago... But yeah, it makes a lot of sense to me that religion is another tool for the ruling classes to keep the rest of us in order. They can't have their assets- in the form of their wage slave workforce killing themselves all over the place.

Honestly, some fear still remains for me. It's hard to get over it completely but, it's less than it was.

@Darkover posted a brilliant thread just yesterday questioning the existence of God etc.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Darkover
T

themummyreturns

Sep 2, 2024
I can't wait for it tbh!

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
peaceandlove

peaceandlove

Unwitting
Aug 31, 2024
I'm just some idiot, but I have a question. It starts with saying evil exists. But evil defined how? I think evil is the absence of good, not a thing in itself. Like how cold isn't a thing, it's the absence of heat. Or darkness the absence of light. So the whole thing doesn't make sense to me. Which isn't really a question but halp I wanna understand

Reactions: TransientEternal