Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
I'm afraid of becoming one of them. I'm afraid of getting brainwashed and turning into a pro-lifer, a natalist.

The thing is that I have OCD, and if you know a little about this disorder, you probably know that it makes people doubt their identity, their beliefs, their values. There are people with OCD who question whether they are gay or not, whether they truly love their partner or not, whether they are a good person or not. OCD is an egodystonic disorder, meaning that it goes against the very things that you believe in and value the most.

And, of course, since I'm an antinatalist and an efilist, my bastard OCD is going to attack exactly that. I just overthink everything. A lot. I can't stress this enough. If there's something that I do excessively and abusively, it's ruminating. I doubt everything, and it's obviously not a natural doubt, but a pathological one.

It doesn't help that, every now and then, I read about people who were staunch antinatalists and, later in life, they ended up reproducing. That shit scares the hell out of me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: lachrymost, Pluto, Forever Sleep and 6 others
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
You won't bc even if you get lost you will still manage to end up in the same place if you use logic. What helps is to remember a few terrible events that will anchor you to your conclusions.

Reactions: Charlie-Bravo and Daxter_87
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I hope you don't become one, natalists and pro-lifers only ever cause more harm as they are blinded by delusions. It would always be a terrible crime to create unnecessary suffering by procreating into this hellish reality.

Reactions: Daxter_87
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
I hope you don't become one, natalists and pro-lifers only ever cause more harm as they are blinded by delusions. It would always be a terrible crime to create unnecessary suffering by procreating into this hellish reality.
I don't think I will become one, it's just that I'm very paranoid. Like I said in the OP, it's not natural, but pathological. I just happen to be very screwed in the head. It happens with everything, not only antinatalism. If I had to name all the "weird" stuff that I do, the list would be too long.

Reactions: lachrymost