lazy.depressed

lazy.depressed

Health is a myth
Nov 9, 2019
Hi friends ♥

This might not be the most conventional place to ask this, but it was the first that came to my mind. And I just feel like you might be able to understand.

It's my best friends birthday very soon, we've been roommates for a while now. And with my depression and his borderline, it's been a rocky but rewarding?? road of understandings and misunderstandings.
He's been struggling a lot lately, worrying about society stuff like finding a job, school, or just motivation to go on. And with another year here, it feels like even more expectations on one's shoulders - I'm sure we've all been there. And can't forget about the virus
I honestly think I would've ended it if I were to rot alone isolated in my apartment, like many of my friends are now. So just the fact that he's here with me is life saving for me.

All in all, its hard for me to come up with a bd gift as it is and this whole quarantine thing is making everything more difficult. I wanna do something that would make him feel a little bit better about existing, or at least something nice.

What kind of gift/gesture would make you feel better on your birthday?

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
selfhater

selfhater

Experienced
Mar 1, 2020
that's nice of u
i'm really really bad at giving gifts so mostly i receive more than i give but umm..not sure if there is something that would make me feel better:( sadly. but the idea itself that someone thinking about giving me a gift is so sweet, i'm sure he will think that too

• Love
Reactions: lazy.depressed and Oyoy
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
Toilet paper (silly, but practical), lottery tickets, sunglasses and or a watch.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Video games, new consoles, anything tech related like phones, laptops or even a hard drive. Also dinner is a good gift

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I don't think you have to do something grand to show someone how much you care for them and are appreciative. For me, something that would make me feel better is something small. I've always been the type to get super excited about the little things -- they're my favourite!

Why not make him a basket of some of his favourite things? If he has a favourite candy, etc. Maybe he's into movies? You can make him a movie themed basket. Put in some movies, snacks, a soda or his favourite drink. Even if he has a favourite colour, find all things of that one colour and put it in the basket with some ribbon.
((It's a great way to save money if you need to also, but want to show them how much you care))

It's very sweet of you to do this for him :) It sounds like you's have a lot going on, but you's are really sticking together. You don't have to go all out to show someone how grateful you are for them.