lowres

lowres

Scum
Feb 9, 2019
I haven't seen a general or anything regarding written or illustrated media so i thought it would be fun to discuss what kind of books everyone is interested in.

Discuss your favourite Books, Authors or Genres. (dunno what else to add)

I'm going to start with written works

Lovecraft man, I love his format of story telling, I recently bought a collection of his works my top favourite are Herbert West, Arthur Jermyne, The colour of outerspace, that one about the dude who visits old people who are in a weird cult and gets wrapped in their business and the rats in the walls (lol funi nword'''t cat), Cthulhu is pretty solid but i thought the stuff like that cop gunning down tribe men was crazy and leading somewhere interesting but the ending was very anti climactic and i was kinda dissapointed.

I just love how instead of "spooky creature chasing people around ahhhhhhhh" all of his stuff involves very bleak communities/societies and the correlation regarding madness and the pursuit of knowledge, its a concept that surrounds all of his works and creates suspense due to most of the stories involving characters being wrapped up in the whys and hows of the crazy shit going on around them. I also love the imagery like the grey colour barren barn in the colour of outer space. One of my favourite writers atm.

Also found epic meme regarding his childhood cat, it has spiderman 2 in it so its funny, I'm sleep,'',...','. so i'll make another post about my favourite graphic novels and stuff later

Bzupebzoj8341

Last edited:
Reactions: Hennessy, irrelevant_string and Epsilon0
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I really like Bret Easton Ellis. Less than zero, rules of attraction, glamorama, American psycho.

Reactions: lowres