chilly
Jan 8, 2024
personally mine is the movie "all the bright places"

Reactions: wondering&wandering and Neverfeltdeader
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Mine are NGE (including EoE), Bojack Horseman, and Crack-duck (from Night Sweats).

• Love
Reactions: ByeByeMaria, lifeeternal and ThymeToLeave
rottenflesh

rottenflesh

Jan 8, 2024
Lilya 4ever, the one on my pfp... this movie broke my heart

• Love
Reactions: lifeeternal
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
Before I Disappear. it was originally an Oscar-winning short film

• Love
Reactions: Neverfeltdeader and lifeeternal
Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021

• Love
Annon100

Annon100

Nov 22, 2023
The book of Henry was rlly sad always makes me cry I find the characters so easy to connect to

• Love
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
another banger. Little Miss Sunshine

• Love
Reactions: carac, lifeeternal, Neverfeltdeader and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
The Hours is the first movie that comes to mind. Suicide is a central theme. Nicole Kidman fucking kills it, though there are really a lot of good performances in this movie. It won a bunch of awards for a reason.

As for movies I like that I think do a good job with despair and include suicide/suicide attempts, I would go with Gattaca and Brassed Off. The latter movie is probably a strange choice on my part, but I find it to have an excellent portrayal of the working class struggle without beating you over the head with it. Anybody who has watched their hometown die due to the death of local industry can relate. Gattaca is just a solid film I would recommend to anyone.

• Love
lifeeternal

lifeeternal

chilly
Jan 8, 2024
another banger. Little Miss Sunshine

i love this movie so much!! definitely one of my favorite movies of all time.

i realized too while I was writing this that royal tenenbaums is also a really good one that has representation within it
i
The Hours is the first movie that comes to mind. Suicide is a central theme. Nicole Kidman fucking kills it, though there are really a lot of good performances in this movie. It won a bunch of awards for a reason.

As for movies I like that I think do a good job with despair and include suicide/suicide attempts, I would go with Gattaca and Brassed Off. The latter movie is probably a strange choice on my part, but I find it to have an excellent portrayal of the working class struggle without beating you over the head with it. Anybody who has watched their hometown die due to the death of local industry can relate. Gattaca is just a solid film I would recommend to anyone.
i'll have to check these out these all sound really good!

Reactions: Hardcore_Henry
grungy自殺

grungy自殺

All apologies.....
Jan 9, 2024
Mine are NGE (including EoE), Bojack Horseman, and Crack-duck (from Night Sweats).
I love Nge .i love the fact that the main character has Aspergers, which is something i also have. And it was the one that introduce me to the song fly me to the moon and it personality sticks with me at heart.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I love Nge .i love the fact that the main character has Aspergers, which is something i also have. And it was the one that introduce me to the song fly me to the moon and it personality sticks with me at heart.
From what I know, Shinji doesn't have autism.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Little Miss Sunshine is amazing, this video does a really great job of explaining why it's so good

I am currently revisiting a Korean show called The Glory, It's about a young girl severely bullied to the brink of suicide but decides to dedicate her life to getting revenge before she goes.
The bullying be pretty hard to watch

• Love
Reactions: lifeeternal and Hardcore_Henry
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
Little Miss Sunshine is amazing, this video does a really great job of explaining why it's so good

I am currently revisiting a Korean show called The Glory, It's about a young girl severely bullied to the brink of suicide but decides to dedicate her life to getting revenge before she goes.
The bullying be pretty hard to watch

ugh, the video really does such good job of showing why the movie is so great.

its definitely one of those movies that i can watch to distract myself if i need to.

• Love
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Olive Kitteridge is a pretty good mini-series. Frances McDormand is excellent as a depressed woman who weighs up shooting herself near the beginning of the series, then over 4 episodes you get to see what brought her to that decision.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity and lifeeternal
TheShadowKing

TheShadowKing

≽^- ˕ -^≼
Dec 5, 2023
Bojack Horseman Easily this is one of my favorite scenes of the show

• Love
Reactions: ByeByeMaria, lifeeternal, ThymeToLeave and 1 other person
J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
Also The Hours. Haunts me still. And Ghost World. Scarlett 🥰

wondering&wandering

wondering&wandering

My precious moon! Don't go, please.
Jan 12, 2024
personally mine is the movie "all the bright places"
The anime Wonder Egg Priority was pretty good, and the topic of suicide is far more prevalent than any other anime show I've watched. Although, be warned that the ending is a bit unsatisfactory. Still worth it to me.

• Love
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
This show means so much to me, I'm literally Rae