M Berry M

M Berry M

Slutty and suicidal
May 9, 2021
I'm a type one diabetic and I tried using my insulin to ctb a couple weeks ago. I failed obviously but this caused me to run out of insulin to quickly now my insurance is refusing to cover any more until late June. My blood sugar is 500 and I can smell the sugar on me. At this point I will probably die to dka before insurance is willing to cover my insulin. So I guess my attempt from before is working on the long run. It just sucks it's not my choice this time…

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Sweet Tart, GasMonkey, Trannydiary and 2 others
Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
Fuck man I dont know what to say honestly

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'd say take yourself to a hospital or urgent care and let them evaluate you (blood sugar) and re-prescribe insulin you need. At the very least they can knock your blood sugar down with in-house treatment and you could keep going back until you're able to refill your insulin prescription. Of course, if you really want to die anyway, you could always just ride it out and wait until your blood sugar hits the 1000 or 1200 mark, which probably isn't that far away, actually.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That does sound like such an awful situation to be trapped in, it's true that existence really is so unnecessarily cruel but anyway I wish you the best.

Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
I'm sorry you are in this situation, it's too much. Tho it's too soon to fill your prescription, you can tell the pharmacist your insulin got destroyed, lost, or stolen somehow (it's not really a lie) and they should give you insulin to hold you over til your prescription is due. Alternately, your doc may have samples, and can give you some.

I've worked in healthcare and insurance companies are so stingy that it can be effective to threaten them with a higher expense if they don't cover treatment. The pharmacist or a doc or a social worker in doc's office should deal with them so you don't have to. The reality is that if you don't get insulin, you will end up in the hospital with DKA and it will cost your insurance a lot more than if they allow you to fill your script early. This kind of thing makes me so angry. I hope this helps.