• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

BasilThePlant

BasilThePlant

Aug 13, 2024
I have been planning to OD for a bit. Due to a past attempt being an OD as well, my mother has locked away all pills, but gives me a weeks worth of an antidepressant called sertraline every week. I have been saving them in a plastic baggie instead of taking them, planning to OD once the bag fills (its a sandwich size), with no set number. I just hope it fills by the end of this year, so I can finish my school year, and OD before summer. I'm just wondering if that would possibly fatal? Do antidepressant harm you enough to kill you? Or should I try a different method? I have also debated hanging and slitting my wrist/throat, however, ODing is easier, so I don't have a survival instinct preventing me from going through with it. Thank you so much, and any advice or other methods that could be viable are appreciated!

Reactions: Zhendou
C

CantDoIt

Experienced
Jul 18, 2024
From my understanding and time on this forum...this method is not generally advised due to it being unreliable (usually fails) and also possibly painful.

Reactions: cowboypants and Zhendou
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
Due to a past attempt being an OD as well, my mother has locked away all pills, but gives me a weeks worth of an antidepressant called sertraline every week.
I once did this with sertraline. It will not work. Not a good idea, at all. It will take many pills, The LD50 of Zoloft is 2000mg per kg according to online sources. That's a LOT of pills. 20 pills per kilo of bodyweight. For 50% chance fatality.

May I ask why you wish to do this?

Reactions: XcatnipX
BasilThePlant

BasilThePlant

Aug 13, 2024
I once did this with sertraline. It will not work. Not a good idea, at all. It will take many pills, The LD50 of Zoloft is 2000mg per kg according to online sources. That's a LOT of pills. 20 pills per kilo of bodyweight. For 50% chance fatality.

May I ask why you wish to do this?
Thanks for the info, and for replying. My reasons are many, aha, but heres the rundown. I am a compulsive liar, and have done nothing but cause my parents pain. When I was younger, I spread horrible things about my father (i think you can guess), and he almost had to go to court. So, I guess I'm paying my dues. Theres more, but this isnt a pity party for me, aha!!!
From my understanding and time on this forum...this method is not generally advised due to it being unreliable (usually fails) and also possibly painful.
Oh, tysm. Any reccs? Unlike some, I don't care about pain, as long as I am able to carry through with it.

mapleboy

mapleboy

sleepy...
May 22, 2023
Most antidepressants and prescribed medications are unfortunately made in a way that makes them insanely difficult to OD on.

Reactions: LunarLight, kyhoti and XcatnipX
kyhoti

kyhoti

Looking for fair winds and following seas
May 27, 2024
I had a dear family member try twice to OD on meds after doing the math; thankfully, both times they told someone before it was too late. When asking the doctors about the amounts taken, they said it would have been enough without medical intervention. Even with medical intervention, I think there was some lasting brain damage. I sat with them for hours while it was touch-and-go. And no, I won't share meds or amounts. Very dicey way to go.

BasilThePlant

BasilThePlant

Aug 13, 2024
I had a dear family member try twice to OD on meds after doing the math; thankfully, both times they told someone before it was too late. When asking the doctors about the amounts taken, they said it would have been enough without medical intervention. Even with medical intervention, I think there was some lasting brain damage. I sat with them for hours while it was touch-and-go. And no, I won't share meds or amounts. Very dicey way to go.
Oh, tysm. I tried OD on meds once and also told someone before it was too late, so I can relate. And ty for telling about brain damage, I wouldnt want that.
Most antidepressants and prescribed medications are unfortunately made in a way that makes them insanely difficult to OD on.
Ohhh that actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Reactions: kyhoti
Degen

Degen

Aug 28, 2021
Serotonin syndrome

Reactions: annointed_towers
A

Autumn_Stars

Jun 9, 2024
Someone said on the original ASH twenty years ago on usenet "the way you die by antidepressant OD is by being hit by a truck transporting them."

• Yay!
Reactions: dopaminenthusiast, divinemistress36 and LunarLight
BasilThePlant

BasilThePlant

Aug 13, 2024
Someone said on the original ASH twenty years ago on usenet "the way you die by antidepressant OD is by being hit by a truck transporting them."
AHA ty. I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that it is not the best method.

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

人之初,性本恶
May 9, 2024
The chance of successful CTB using antidepressants? Basically nil unless you have a tricyclic antidepressant like amitriptyline.

Reactions: LunarLight
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
I have been planning to OD for a bit. Due to a past attempt being an OD as well, my mother has locked away all pills, but gives me a weeks worth of an antidepressant called sertraline every week. I have been saving them in a plastic baggie instead of taking them, planning to OD once the bag fills (its a sandwich size), with no set number. I just hope it fills by the end of this year, so I can finish my school year, and OD before summer. I'm just wondering if that would possibly fatal? Do antidepressant harm you enough to kill you? Or should I try a different method? I have also debated hanging and slitting my wrist/throat, however, ODing is easier, so I don't have a survival instinct preventing me from going through with it. Thank you so much, and any advice or other methods that could be viable are appreciated!
Cutting and ODing on prescription drugs statistically have very, very low chances of success, they're by and far the worst methods. Hanging (and this is not an exaggeration in the slightest) is at least 10-25x more likely to work

BasilThePlant

BasilThePlant

Aug 13, 2024
Cutting and ODing on prescription drugs statistically have very, very low chances of success, they're by and far the worst methods. Hanging (and this is not an exaggeration in the slightest) is at least 10-25x more likely to work
Tysm. I'll have to read up on it. I'm just nervous that if it doesn't work, that it may leave a very visible scar (although I know that is the least of my issues).
The chance of successful CTB using antidepressants? Basically nil unless you have a tricyclic antidepressant like amitriptyline.
Ty. Would the chances increase if mixed with multiple other kinds of medications? (household stuff like Tylenol or ibuprofen etc)

sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Tysm. I'll have to read up on it. I'm just nervous that if it doesn't work, that it may leave a very visible scar (although I know that is the least of my issues).

Ty. Would the chances increase if mixed with multiple other kinds of medications? (household stuff like Tylenol or ibuprofen etc)
No problem. As for the scar- can't really speak on the likelihood of that, but if you tie the knot well with a good rope, attach the rope to a sturdy hanging point, and don't back out, there's an extremely low chance you'll survive to worry about it.

I did some reading, and:

"According to a 2016 literature review, liver failure caused by acetaminophen overdose causes death in approximately 28 percent of cases. Among those who have liver failure, 29 percent require a liver transplant."

"Ibuprofen overdose is rarely fatal, although cases of death are reported.[21][42][57] The extent of recovery depends on the severity of the toxicity, but generally, full recovery is expected with appropriate supportive care."

So, for Tylenol you'd need a huge dose and you'd only have about a 28% chance of death- slow, painful death by liver failure over the course of days or weeks. You would probably be noticed and stopped.

And for ibuprofen- probably not gonna work.

OD and poisoning in general is a bad idea outside of strong poisons and drugs such as fentanyl, cyanide, SN, nembutal, heroin, etc. Those are the ones that I've seen/heard working in a timely fashion.

BasilThePlant

BasilThePlant

Aug 13, 2024
No problem. As for the scar- can't really speak on the likelihood of that, but if you tie the knot well with a good rope, attach the rope to a sturdy hanging point, and don't back out, there's an extremely low chance you'll survive to worry about it.

I did some reading, and:

"According to a 2016 literature review, liver failure caused by acetaminophen overdose causes death in approximately 28 percent of cases. Among those who have liver failure, 29 percent require a liver transplant."

"Ibuprofen overdose is rarely fatal, although cases of death are reported.[21][42][57] The extent of recovery depends on the severity of the toxicity, but generally, full recovery is expected with appropriate supportive care."

So, for Tylenol you'd need a huge dose and you'd only have about a 28% chance of death- slow, painful death by liver failure over the course of days or weeks. You would probably be noticed and stopped.

And for ibuprofen- probably not gonna work.

OD and poisoning in general is a bad idea outside of strong poisons and drugs such as fentanyl, cyanide, SN, nembutal, heroin, etc. Those are the ones that I've seen/heard working in a timely fashion.
ty for your time! i really appreciate it. ill stick to the hanging method!

• Hugs
Reactions: sugarb
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
I know 100% that sertraline will not get you what you're seeking. It may mess you up medically & cause you to suffer.
I do hope you can find peace🌹💔

• Hugs
Reactions: BasilThePlant and LunarLight