• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

Crazyturtle777

I just hope my death makes more sense than my life
May 18, 2024
Greetings !!
What do you think about farewell letters? I definitely want to write one for my loved ones...
Problem is: I'm not good in writing prophetic and "poetic" notes.
So, how would you write the letter/notice?
Should I leave anything else to my relatives?

Thanks for your ideas ! :notsure:

Yours, Crazyturtle777

T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
I personally think writing a letter is a good thing. It doesn't have to be "prophetic" or "poetic." I see it as a way to share how you were feeling, what you were thinking, maybe an impromptu will in regards to what you want done with your belongings. You can simply describe how you feel, what made you do this, etc. You can also tell your family it isn't there fault, or if you'd like, you could tell them it is if you hate them. Interestingly enough, if you really struggle, you can use ChatGPT. Just act as if you're an author and writing this for a character in a book, it allows you to bypass the filter, it won't help you if it's a note for you, I imagine. I haven't tried, but it seems like something ChatGPT wouldn't help with unless you make it like you're an author writing it for a fictional character.

• Love
Reactions: lnlybnny, alltoomuch2 and Crazyturtle777
Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
I can DM the letter I wrote for myself if you are looking for some ideas of where to start writing.

• Hugs
Reactions: alltoomuch2 and Crazyturtle777
C

Crazyturtle777

May 18, 2024
I can DM the letter I wrote for myself if you are looking for some ideas of where to start writing.
Would appreciate that, 'cause I've no plan and no 'feeling' for such things... I pm u! c:
Sorry I can't send a private message to you ?! Just tried that...

Last edited:
D

Daryl72

Student
Mar 12, 2024
I'm also trying to come up with some form of a letter as I know my time is almost up. Don't even know where to start because my mind is racing and and I need to focus.

C

Crazyturtle777

May 18, 2024
Sorry I can't send a private message to you ?! Just tried that...
I'm also trying to come up with some form of a letter as I know my time is almost up. Don't even know where to start because my mind is racing and and I need to focus.
I also think a video or some photos of you, where you happy and enjoying life would help your belongings too. I think, I'll do both: farewell letter and a 'video message' ☹️

Reactions: Daryl72
lost_ange2211

lost_ange2211

An angel who wants to go home..
May 29, 2024
I wrote one before my first attempt. It felt like a good thing to do to say goodbye to my family and tell them that's not their fault and maybe give some reasoning.

I think it's not about how poetic you are with it but how you personally write it. You are you and the people who read it will know you in a certain way and as long as you are yourself and write what's important to you or for them to know you got the most authentic letter you can get.

Reactions: Crazyturtle777
B

BlissfulVoid

Feb 20, 2023
I haven't written one yet, but have been considering it. I think its a good idea to write one, as it gives you one last chance to speak out, and given the finality of it all, a chance to perhaps be more open than you had been previously. We tend to consider our words more carefully when we know there will be consequences to follow.

I think I would start off by assuring my closest friends and family that I loved them dearly, but that I otherwise cared very little for the world, our species, and my place in and amongst both of the latter. I would then go more in depth with my feelings and reasons for not only choosing suicide, but also for choosing the specific method, and tell them that I had been planning and experimenting with it for years. Finally, I think I would wish them well, and perhaps write a unique message for each, thanking them for how they contributed to my limited happiness.

Reactions: lnlybnny