astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
Are there any famous suicides (suicides by someone famous OR well-known suicides) that hit you hard? Gotta be Chester Bennington for me, or Sulli.

Reactions: π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜† and heavyeyes
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
For me it was the YouTuber Etika. I still think a lot about how every Smash Ultimate DLC character that was announced after he died was someone he would have been really excited over. I don't want to die with such missed hype in my regrets but I know if I was in his situation getting relentlessly bullied by his own streaming audience I probably would have done it too.

Reactions: anime, π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†, EmmaQanbana and 1 other person
emptyenvelopes

emptyenvelopes

Student
Jun 15, 2024
Robin Williams. How he could have those thoughts while also devoting his whole life to a career that focuses on making others laugh was shocking.

Reactions: π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†, etherealspring, alltoomuch2 and 4 others
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Alec Holowka, the creator of the game Night in The Woods - It was so confusing because the allegations were never proven or disproven and now that he's dead it won't ever be known. I don't know why the community of NITW was split in half with many fans taking sides in the matter because it didn't really bring us closer to the truth.. He might have been an abuser, he might not have been an abuser. We'll simply never know the truth.

Reactions: astr4
O

okuhvtuji

Jun 17, 2024
photographer Ren hang. I exchanged some e-mails with him and he could barely speak English. After his death, they translated his diary and I got to know that he dreamt of ctb

Reactions: null_blank
EmmaQanbana

EmmaQanbana

What's there to love of an empty husk?
May 31, 2023
For me it was the YouTuber Etika. I still think a lot about how every Smash Ultimate DLC character that was announced after he died was someone he would have been really excited over. I don't want to die with such missed hype in my regrets but I know if I was in his situation getting relentlessly bullied by his own streaming audience I probably would have done it too.
Man, I miss Etika, what happened to him was so foul man
I'm not entirely sure if this would count but for me it's a YouTuber named Empty, I'm not entirely sure of what his situation was, I didn't really watch his channel, but I was in stream when he took his own life, it was pretty wild

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: astr4 and Dr Iron Arc
L

lacrimosa

Experienced
Jul 1, 2024
Kurt Cobain was my hero. I was young when he died but I grew up listening to him as a teenager. I remember his first CD album Bleach. I feel so old talking about him but he was brilliant and talented beyond belief. Hell, the whole band Nirvana was sent from above. I didn't really feel an emotional impact from his death as I was so young, but, now, I do mourn the loss of his genius.

Reactions: heavyeyes
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
The Miss USA girl, Cheslie. I didn't know her, but her death was originally front page as an unidentifed female on the NYP so that was surprising. The 60-story? leap from her high-rise apartment reduced to a picture of a skyscraper with a body lying under a sheet in the snow was just so sad and surreal...

I thought the Judd Mom was sad too. There was a girl country singer who ctb'd on her porch in a tarp too. Elvis Presley's grandson.

Reactions: heavyeyes and alltoomuch2
samdocheon

samdocheon

Optimists are wrong
Jul 28, 2024
Lee Sun-kyun , korean actor.

He committed suicide following a drug scandal. Things that are very serious in South Korea

π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

π—Ÿπ—Όπ—»π—²π—Ήπ˜†

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
Reckful.
Seeing people coming to his chat telling him to kill himself, brutal.
And the last stream. Kept looking at balcony, told people to not be afraid to talk to each other when they're lonely. Then said he'll see them in a day or few and never stremed again. It was heartbreaking.