I

Imgonnadie

Student
Oct 16, 2018
Visiting my father and I want to go back home so bad. I constantly clash with him and he rips into me all the time viciously about what he thinks my problems are and references things that have happened to me like being involuntarily committed and quitting jobs and tries to tell ME what my problem is. He acts like I need his help and he has all the answers then calls me close minded and unwilling to listen just because I disagree with him. He says offensive stuff the times I have expressed my desire to go back home because I don't want to deal with him by saying stuff like "idk you might get arrested within 3 months (if you don't listen to me)". He makes judgments about me that are completely false as if he is me and knows exactly what I'm thinking. He keeps repeating that he's so much older than me therefore I ought to listen to him.
In his latest messages to me, he has bitched at me about "ruining his plans" by cancelling my plans to visit him in the past, and coming late this time when he's been busy with work, even though he's the one who has wanted me to come this whole time, and I was hesitant. When I get angry and tell him I don't want to talk to him, he acts like a smartass and denies telling me important information, and saying he will not communicate with me at all even on stuff that I need, like getting my visa renewed so I don't get denied trying to catch a flight home.
Now my mother is denying me coming back home so I am trapped here. I was attending school here and I just want to drop now. Didn't attend class lately because I was sure I was leaving and now that I'm stuck even more chance I'll just fail. They really make me want to just jump off one of the tall buildings around here. Looking down a 9 story drop makes me wonder how anyone has the courage to jump. Bring me into this world and then treat me like I'm not their son. They know I've been suicidal. How the fuck do they think this shits going to affect me? I've told my mother I want to just come back so I can get a job there and move out asap. She isn't responding. She insists I stay here for the college credit even though I'm probably going to get mediocre/failing grades anyways.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
  • Aww..
Reactions: Beautifulletdown, Darkhaven, Boochky and 3 others
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
I'm sorry you're stuck. That sounds awful. I'll never understand parents that act that way and I made sure I never had kids so I didn't become one. I hope you get home soon.

Return2Dust

Return2Dust

Experienced
Sep 28, 2019
Visiting my father and I want to go back home so bad. I constantly clash with him and he rips into me all the time viciously about what he thinks my problems are and references things that have happened to me like being involuntarily committed and quitting jobs and tries to tell ME what my problem is. He acts like I need his help and he has all the answers then calls me close minded and unwilling to listen just because I disagree with him. He says offensive stuff the times I have expressed my desire to go back home because I don't want to deal with him by saying stuff like "idk you might get arrested within 3 months (if you don't listen to me)". He makes judgments about me that are completely false as if he is me and knows exactly what I'm thinking. He keeps repeating that he's so much older than me therefore I ought to listen to him.
In his latest messages to me, he has bitched at me about "ruining his plans" by cancelling my plans to visit him in the past, and coming late this time when he's been busy with work, even though he's the one who has wanted me to come this whole time, and I was hesitant. When I get angry and tell him I don't want to talk to him, he acts like a smartass and denies telling me important information, and saying he will not communicate with me at all even on stuff that I need, like getting my visa renewed so I don't get denied trying to catch a flight home.
Now my mother is denying me coming back home so I am trapped here. I was attending school here and I just want to drop now. Didn't attend class lately because I was sure I was leaving and now that I'm stuck even more chance I'll just fail. They really make me want to just jump off one of the tall buildings around here. Looking down a 9 story drop makes me wonder how anyone has the courage to jump. Bring me into this world and then treat me like I'm not their son. They know I've been suicidal. How the fuck do they think this shits going to affect me? I've told my mother I want to just come back so I can get a job there and move out asap. She isn't responding. She insists I stay here for the college credit even though I'm probably going to get mediocre/failing grades anyways.
I'm sorry you're going through this with your family. If you're over 18, can you leave the house and live on your own or with roommates and get a job. Maybe go back for college credits after you save up some money.

Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
That's a tough situation.
I have felt "out of place" while visiting my father's family for a long time.
I have never been stuck there though.
My grandmother would often try to delay my returns to my mother's house and i would concede her these small victories. For example i was scheduled to go before dinner and she would insist that i had dinner there and i normally obliged.
That's always been my biggest flaw in life: lack of courage.
Anyways, currently i rarely visit them and it's like they are barely my family anymore.
I'm sorry you are finding yourself in this situation.
It's always revolting to see parents disregarding their son's/daugthers well being over petty disputes.
Hang in there!

Reactions: SprocketFiend
S

SprocketFiend

Sep 28, 2019
I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. It absolutely sucks that the 2 people who are supposed to be there for you the most are acting so horrible. It's not fair at all. Do you have any friends you can reach out to, to stay with or even just vent to? *hugs*

Reactions: Darkhaven
I

Imgonnadie

Student
Oct 16, 2018
I'm sorry you're going through this with your family. If you're over 18, can you leave the house and live on your own or with roommates and get a job. Maybe go back for college credits after you save up some money.
problem is I'm in a foreign country. He lectured me for hours tonight very venemously on how I'm so bad and don't listen and I ought to listen because he's older and he threatened several different times that he would beat me if I disrespected him again. Told my mother that so hopefully she will let me come back now, but I'm not hopeful. She's seen the message several minutes ago and hasn't replied.

Last edited: