G

Glitch

Aug 11, 2019
Fucking SI
now currently sat in the hospital waiting for toxicology to come back with my blood test results....
I'm basically nodding in and out of consciousness and my poor husband has been awake the whole time we've been here and knowing him he won't sleep when we get home..
I feel guilty as fuck because he's gunna be knackered all day now...
One big fucked up mess...

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Beautifulletdown and Dawn0071111
RedAlert

RedAlert

Experienced
Sep 14, 2019
Well its a good thing you posted your feelings here Glitch and its nice to see you back.
I'm sorry things didn't go as planned. Try and get as much rest as possible in a comfortable setting and try to take it easy for now dear. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Dawn0071111 and Glitch
G

Glitch

Aug 11, 2019
What happened?
Had my zopiclone stash at the ready (made sure I did my research and had the lethal dose ready), added in some quitiapine and temazepam for good measure.
Got a quarter of the way through when and the panic set in...
Thankfully I've got another prescription for more Z so I've got another shot at this

Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
How did you aviod getting 51/50 and held at hospital?

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
How did you aviod getting 51/50 and held at hospital?
Probably UK. They don't do that here. Quick chat with a psych nurse and you're on your way home.

Reactions: Pony and Dawn0071111
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Probably UK. They don't do that here.
Is that true? I thought they can section you after an attempt. But with very few beds available in the UK I guess they just turf you out for that reason.

Reactions: BPD_LE
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Is that true? I thought they can section you after an attempt. But with very few beds available in the UK I guess they just turf you out for that reason.
I mean technically they can if you say I'm leaving here to try again. But like you said, no beds, no staff, no time. Just maybe a follow up call by cmht in a few days. It's actually very difficult to get in a psych ward unless you're psychotic. Then they've got the whole home treatment thing.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I mean technically they can if you say I'm leaving here to try again. But like you said, no beds, no staff, no time. Just maybe a follow up call by cmht in a few days. It's actually very difficult to get in a psych ward unless you're psychotic. Then they've got the whole home treatment thing.
As I said before in other posts, no point having this big fanfare of 'mental health awareness' without the backup

Reactions: Jolene40, Pony and BPD_LE
N

Neville1

Student
Aug 26, 2019
But with very few beds available in the UK I guess they just turf you out for that reason.
I would much prefer this to US treatment. Where's the evidence that some days or weeks of involuntary confinement is helpful for someone with MDD and suicidal ideation? On top of trauma of stay, US patient is likely to incur large financial burden. Assuming decent insurance, 3000 USD deductible, 20% copay, patient's share of average stay cost of 10,000 could be 4,400.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beautifulletdown
Y

Yorkshire91

Aug 30, 2019
Probably UK. They don't do that here. Quick chat with a psych nurse and you're on your way home.
They had me in some suite with a number cant remember what they called it, spoke to 2 drs whilst still off my nut on diazepam having taking 40 with a bottle of whiskey and they sectioned me was still out of it as they transferred me

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
I would much prefer this to US treatment. Where's the evidence that some days or weeks of involuntary confinement is helpful for someone with MDD and suicidal ideation? Worse in US, patient is likely to incur large financial burden. Assuming decent insurance, 3000 USD deductible, 20% copay, patient's share of average stay cost of 10,000 could be 4,400.
There's no doubt that the eagerness to commit the suicidal population in the US is down to making money, And here in the UK, their reluctance to do it is about saving money. Neither system is focused on what's in the best interest of the individual.
They had me in some suite with a number cant remember what they called it, spoke to 2 drs whilst still off my nut on diazepam having taking 40 with a bottle of whiskey and they sectioned me was still out of it as they transferred me
That doesn't surprise me. I think you need 2 doctors and 1 social worker to agree to section you, although you do get offered voluntary admission first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocksandsand, burnedCookie, Jolene40 and 3 others
Y

Yorkshire91

Aug 30, 2019
There's no doubt that the eagerness to commit the suicidal population in the US is down to making money, And here in the UK, their reluctance to do it is about saving money. Neither system is focused on what's in the best interest of the individual.

That doesn't surprise me. I think you need 2 doctors and 1 social worker to agree to section you, although you do get offered voluntary admission first.
Was told I spoke to 2 drs although I've told the home treatment team people who told me this I dont even remember being there until I was being transferred its just a blank. It's a joke they can't help they just offer pills and ask if you're safe

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Was told I spoke to 2 drs although I've told the home treatment team people who told me this I dont even remember being there until I was being transferred its just a blank. It's a joke they can't help they just offer pills and ask if you're safe
Were you in home treatment before they sectioned you? I turned down home treatment the other week. Don't want strangers in my house daily.

Y

Yorkshire91

Aug 30, 2019
Were you in home treatment before they sectioned you? I turned down home treatment the other week. Don't want strangers in my house daily.
I'd been discharged from them, I crash on my sisters couch so I go see them at the hospital rather than have them come here. I'd rather not see them at all just gotta play their game till I can find peace.

• Hugs
W

Winter_Flower

Always thirsty for summer rain x
May 18, 2019
I'm from the UK, took 65 toperimate, went to hospital, was there for four hours while they waited for blood results. Had a 'little' chat with psych and sent home with the promise of follow up from the crisis team, that never happened x I've even asked to be admitted before and denied. I'm now at the stage of doing this again (this one was three years ago). And if I fail, which I Hope not, especially now I know what to take, I'm pretty sure this will be the same process x

• Hugs
Reactions: Stan and BPD_LE
W

welshie84

Student
Jul 17, 2019
This is what happened to me. Took an over dose and they waited for my heart rhythm to stabilise, gave me a ten min chat with a psych nurse and discharged me

• Hugs
Reactions: Notcutoutforlife and BPD_LE
Y

Yorkshire91

Aug 30, 2019
I'm from the UK, took 65 toperimate, went to hospital, was there for four hours while they waited for blood results. Had a 'little' chat with psych and sent home with the promise of follow up from the crisis team, that never happened x I've even asked to be admitted before and denied. I'm now at the stage of doing this again (this one was three years ago). And if I fail, which I Hope not, especially now I know what to take, I'm pretty sure this will be the same process x

If you are found they could possibly section you or if they think you are unable to keep yourself safe and have active plans to ctb

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
If you are found they could possibly section you or if they think you are unable to keep yourself safe and have active plans to ctb
They know I am actively suicidal, know I'm going to hang myself, have the rope, have practiced, they just don't know when or where. I was offered home treatment which I declined, then was told that it was full anyway. It's so sad for the people who really want help. I don't, so I'm not bothered. Just find it somewhat amusing compared to how things happen in the US. I could literally go to the psych ward with a noose around my neck and I bet I'd be out in 2 hours.

• Hugs
Reactions: burnedCookie, Stan, Pony and 1 other person
Y

Yorkshire91

Aug 30, 2019
They know I am actively suicidal, know I'm going to hang myself, have the rope, have practiced, they just don't know when or where. I was offered home treatment which I declined, then was told that it was full anyway. It's so sad for the people who really want help. I don't, so I'm not bothered. Just find it somewhat amusing compared to how things happen in the US. I could literally go to the psych ward with a noose around my neck and I bet I'd be out in 2 hours.
Wow and there meant to be there to help you and try prevent us committing suicide. I was told by home treatment if I had an active plan I would 1st be offered voluntary then they would proceed forward with whatever it is they do if I refused. This was their response to me telling them I was scared to open up incase I was sectioned again.

Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
That's dear old Blighty for you ❤️

Reactions: Pony, Emerald, Yorkshire91 and 1 other person
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Wow and there meant to be there to help you and try prevent us committing suicide. I was told by home treatment if I had an active plan I would 1st be offered voluntary then they would proceed forward with whatever it is they do if I refused. This was their response to me telling them I was scared to open up incase I was sectioned again.
I think you were one of the lucky (or unlucky!) ones. They have no money to offer an effective service anymore.

Y

Yorkshire91

Aug 30, 2019
I think you were one of the lucky (or unlucky!) ones. They have no money to offer an effective service anymore.
I dont feel lucky, it was my choice and they had no right to take it from me.

Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I thought it was only bad in the southwest of England but it's bad all over the U.K. for mental health. They throw everything they have at other facilities but nothing for MH

Reactions: BPD_LE and Yorkshire91
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Had my zopiclone stash at the ready (made sure I did my research and had the lethal dose ready), added in some quitiapine and temazepam for good measure.
Got a quarter of the way through when and the panic set in...
Thankfully I've got another prescription for more Z so I've got another shot at this
Don't do this same method again. Your asking for another failure.

Reactions: Rocksandsand and Glitch
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
I dont feel lucky, it was my choice and they had no right to take it from me.
That's what I mean, if you don't want help your unlucky. If you do, then you're lucky. I agree with you. They should concentrate on the ones that want help and leave us be.

Y

Yorkshire91

Aug 30, 2019
I thought it was only bad in the southwest of England but it's bad all over the U.K. for mental health. They throw everything they have at other facilities but nothing for MH
They make a big thing about how they care, empty gestures bla bla bla then they forget because it's not something physical they can see or fix
That's what I mean, if you don't want help your unlucky. If you do, then you're lucky. I agree with you. They should concentrate on the ones that want help and leave us be.
According to them it's a good thing there's nobody out there to help me in the way I want or need :pfff: you're right they should leave us be and stop pretending. They're wasting time and resources that could be used on people who actually want to live.

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Like @Stan said earlier, what's the point of making a big issue of ending mental health stigma and encouraging people to seek help, when they don't have the services to deal with the fall out! Life's a joke.

Reactions: Stan, Yorkshire91 and Rachel74
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Like @Stan said earlier, what's the point of making a big issue of ending mental health stigma and encouraging people to seek help, when they don't have the services to deal with the fall out! Life's a joke.

I mean it's telling when the loudest platitude spouters are the royal life-long-teenagers. Turns my stomach.

Reactions: Rachel74
Y

Yorkshire91

Aug 30, 2019
Exactly!! They have no idea at all.

Reactions: Rachel74