• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

pumpkincuts

Apr 19, 2020
I've read the megathread of CO. Planned almost a month to do it. Practice the method at least 2 times. When I was ready.

I did the first attempt. I put the burned charcoal then went inside and taped the doors. After an hour I woke up unconscious and passed out many times.

2nd attempt
Same method. But this time I make sure that I won't fail this. I checked every corner of the bathroom. And taped the open spots.

I put the charcoal in the grill and went to the bathroom (4:32am) I passed out in 30 mins and woke up again (5:45am) with the same effect (Dizziness).

I don't understand where did I go wrong? I burned the charcoal until it's grey and phoenix red inside. And I used lumpwood charcoal with 1.2kg with it

Reactions: Darkdreamer001 and InTheAirTonight
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
There is only one answer the CO levels did not get high enough. Why? Could be several things. Too large space and not enough coals? Could be a ventilation issue in the bathroom leaking air in. Could be the type of lumpwood? You aren't supposed to ctb? Who knows. The fact that it took 30 mins to pass out makes me think the CO level is too low.
Can you get a CO meter to know for sure and test it next time?
Sorry it's not as easy as it seems. And be careful you could be causing harm to your brain you're not aware of yet each time you try. You Don't want to add to your troubles.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, oneside, one4all and 1 other person
P

pumpkincuts

Apr 19, 2020
There is only one answer the CO levels did not get high enough. Why? Could be several things. Too large space and not enough coals? Could be a ventilation issue in the bathroom leaking air in. Could be the type of lumpwood? You aren't supposed to ctb? Who knows. The fact that it took 30 mins to pass out makes me think the CO level is too low.
Can you get a CO meter to know for sure and test it next time?
Sorry it's not as easy as it seems. And be careful you could be causing harm to your brain you're not aware of yet each time you try. You Don't want to add to your troubles.
Yeah I've been thinking maybe the CO is too low or the quality of the charcoal. Either way I'll try to find another way. Thanks for the tip

Reactions: Darkdreamer001
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Hello,
It is hard to say what was the exact reason, however one thing is obvious - concentration was low.
Also, it is possible that near the surface concentration was really small while at the top it was high, what was the height where you put a charcoal?
CO is less heavy than air so it is ascending. Means there might be a leakage to the upper floor though it would not lead to a severe leakage.
As was stated above, CO meter would be a good option, however you should monitor the concentration from outside the bathroom, e.g. using a device which is streaming video to another device. Would not recommend to stay inside during the process because the concentration may be low again and you may pass out and be unable to do further observations.

Reactions: pumpkincuts
joshe

joshe

Wanderer
Jun 1, 2019
Must not be your time to go

• Aww..
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Blackpoolbootz and pumpkincuts