bunnii

bunnii

just a little guy
Feb 16, 2023
Last night, I tried partial suspension for the third time this month. I was pretty drunk and felt ready to go, but I still failed. It's making me worry that I won't be able to take my life on my birthday this year like I planned.
Here's my setup:
-I tie the rope around the staircase railing
-put the slipknot over my head and tighten comfortably
-kneel down
-push into the rope with head down
I've also tried standing and leaning, but it didn't put enough pressure on my arteries.
Every time I do it, it feels like my head is slowly pressurising. I timed it and it takes more than two minutes to make me pass out. According to my sources, it should take at most 2 minutes. I've tried below and above my adam's apple, both yield the same result. Is there something I'm missing? I thought suspension would be an easy way to go but boy was I wrong. I guess I need to keep practising or find a new method.

• Hugs
Reactions: Midnight-rain, puppet_nihilist, leeloosnow and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
It doesn't work easily for everyone. It doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong. You might just need to find another method. Sorry you're suffering ❤️

Reactions: BBBB
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
Perhaps your rope is too elastic? (Like nylon)

puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
Was on the same boat. I tried partial hanging a couple of times after practicing it to find my spot and whatnot. I'm sorry for the pain you had to endure and the pain from the realization that this method isn't easy for everyone.

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Last night, I tried partial suspension for the third time this month. I was pretty drunk and felt ready to go, but I still failed. It's making me worry that I won't be able to take my life on my birthday this year like I planned.
Here's my setup:
-kneel down
I've also tried standing and leaning, but it didn't put enough pressure on my arteries.
Every time I do it, it feels like my head is slowly pressurising. I timed it and it takes more than two minutes to make me pass out. According to my sources, it should take at most 2 minutes. I've tried below and above my adam's apple, both yield the same result. Is there something I'm missing? I thought suspension would be an easy way to go but boy was I wrong. I guess I need to keep practising or find a new method.
If you do get the carotids. It takes less than 2 minutes. You can test proof this by getting the carotids whit your own fingers
Here's my setup:
-kneel down
I would search for another spot in the neck. Also, if you get the carotids, you will know immediately. You get light headed, vision starts going dark, you can't miss it, and you're out in 10 seconds not two minutes.
Pay attention if you start to gasp for air automatically, if this happens, you got the carotids, you just need to put more pressure.

Last remark, the feeling of pressure in your head, means you got the jugulars(these structures are really easy to get, because they are everywhere).
More remarks. Don't spend two minutes in a noose, you will develop strangulation symptoms, some sort of veins in your eyes might become red and everyone will see it. It's noticeable af. A lot of other symptoms will develop too. So, it's useless to stay in the noose, if you want to get the carotids the first 5 seconds is already enough time

Last edited:
looking_for_peace

looking_for_peace

Student
Dec 4, 2022
I've heard the success of partial hanging relies on one's anatomy. I tried this method before but gave up because I had the symptoms you experienced. An immense pressure in the head, but no passing out. Also, the SI is really difficult to handle. In my opinion, you should find a new method.

Reactions: puppet_nihilist
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This is why I've never even attempted hanging before, the thought of failing ctb terrifies me. I hate how difficult it is for us to finally leave this world.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Hanno and puppet_nihilist
bunnii

bunnii

just a little guy
Feb 16, 2023
If you do get the carotids. It takes less than 2 minutes. You can test proof this by getting the carotids whit your own fingers

I would search for another spot in the neck. Also, if you get the carotids, you will know immediately. You get light headed, vision starts going dark, you can't miss it, and you're out in 10 seconds not two minutes.
Pay attention if you start to gasp for air automatically, if this happens, you got the carotids, you just need to put more pressure.

Last remark, the feeling of pressure in your head, means you got the jugulars(these structures are really easy to get, because they are everywhere).
More remarks. Don't spend two minutes in a noose, you will develop strangulation symptoms, some sort of veins in your eyes might become red and everyone will see it. It's noticeable af. A lot of other symptoms will develop too. So, it's useless to stay in the noose, if you want to get the carotids the first 5 seconds is already enough time
Ahh tysm for this info!! I will practice with my hands from now on. You're totally right about the noticeable strangulation symptoms, I have burst blood vessels all over my face and neck today. My mother noticed it when I visited her, I just lied and said I'd been violently throwing up last night. I won't be doing this again I don't think until I find the right spot.

Reactions: Himalayan
Mister Skittles

Mister Skittles

Moth of wisdom
Feb 17, 2023
Please think about what your doing. Have you tried talking to anyone about your troubles?

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Ahh tysm for this info!! I will practice with my hands from now on. You're totally right about the noticeable strangulation symptoms, I have burst blood vessels all over my face and neck today. My mother noticed it when I visited her, I just lied and said I'd been violently throwing up last night. I won't be doing this again I don't think until I find the right spot.
Godspeed, hahahaha
Please think about what your doing. Have you tried talking to anyone about your troubles?
People have a lot of time to think about what they are doing. Once their get their method down, they might actually stick around

• Yay!
Reactions: Midnight-rain and bunnii
looking_for_peace

looking_for_peace

Student
Dec 4, 2022
this isn't the recovery forum. why don't you go there instead?

Reactions: Midnight-rain and FrozenMango
M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
I just made a couple of attempts too to see how far I'd get, it's harder then it seems. I had a few different reactions. One was where I almost passed out and another was pressure building up in my head. Got scared both times and got up. Will keep practicing, maybe I will feel normal after a couple of goes.

F

Fillingouts

Feb 6, 2020
Maybe you're alive because you are meant to be alive. Don't give up yet, keep trying to change your life instead of your method to end it..... Please get well soon xoxo

You have a mom that loves you, build off the positives.

honkpilleddoomer

honkpilleddoomer

The living envies the dead.
Feb 23, 2023
Here's my setup:
-kneel down
Have you tried using noose?

electricworry

electricworry

Literally Me
Feb 20, 2023
It's hard to say it to someone who's obviously suffering, but here goes: maybe a failed attempt might be looked at as a chance to seek some kind of help for whatever has got you feeling this way.

There are some resources in the recovery resources stickied thread and plenty of positive people in the recovery forums. Obviously your choice is your choice, but a chance at taking a second look at a major life decision is always valuable.

Hope you get relief from whatever is ailing you, no matter your choice.

BillyBob

BillyBob

Jun 14, 2018
Here is a video that is rather interesting about it and maybe it will help you out
It is age gated so I can not link the full video since the embed breaks. Just copy both parts and delete the space between the / and watch
https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=MHRchAjxUMA

• Informative
Reactions: leeloosnow and HerculePoirot
bunnii

bunnii

just a little guy
Feb 16, 2023
How long they are visible?
They've mostly gone away now, only the very worst ones are still fading
Have you tried using noose?
yup
Maybe you're alive because you are meant to be alive. Don't give up yet, keep trying to change your life instead of your method to end it..... Please get well soon xoxo

You have a mom that loves you, build off the positives.
It's hard to say it to someone who's obviously suffering, but here goes: maybe a failed attempt might be looked at as a chance to seek some kind of help for whatever has got you feeling this way.

There are some resources in the recovery resources stickied thread and plenty of positive people in the recovery forums. Obviously your choice is your choice, but a chance at taking a second look at a major life decision is always valuable.

Hope you get relief from whatever is ailing you, no matter your choice.
This isn't the recovery forum. I want to die and I'm GOING to die.

Reactions: Midnight-rain
F

Fillingouts

Feb 6, 2020
I want to die too, it would be nice if someone could talk us out of it.

Funny how strangers here care more about me than people I actually know.

honkpilleddoomer

honkpilleddoomer

The living envies the dead.
Feb 23, 2023
They've mostly gone away now, only the very worst ones are still fading

yup

This isn't the recovery forum. I want to die and I'm GOING to die.
If partial suspension doesn't work how about complete suspension?

F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
I'm worried by the fact that this hasn't worked multiple times. That means that maybe there is a higher chance than usual you could fail this and end up in an awful way. It might not be the best way for you.

I would plead with you to slow down and consider other ideas. You only die once in this lifetime, remember that. Whether it happens now or a few weeks or months from now, it's not a big difference in the grand scheme of whatever comes after life, even though it may feel like it now.

Consider other methods where there is less to go wrong and you haven't already struggled with. SN for one.