• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

G

grp35

Sep 22, 2022
I was trying a practice partial attempt that became real. I was unconscious for about 1-2 minutes and now I have a constant headache and feel dumb all the time. The lights are too bright and I can't handle very much stimulation. My cognition is definitely much poorer. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm freaking out.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Euthanza, waitingforrest, bipolar22 and 11 others
LesbianCarpetPython

LesbianCarpetPython

Smell lord
Sep 24, 2022
Oof, man that sucks. I don't know much about it but maybe 1-2 minutes doesn't seem long enough to cause brain damage?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Your writing on this thread just fine. You're most likely just experiencing some minor after effects that will diminish over time with no permanent damage.

Reactions: waitingforrest, bipolar22, 710 and 2 others
G

grp35

Sep 22, 2022
Your writing on this thread just fine. You're most likely just experiencing some minor after effects that will diminish over time with no permanent damage.
Thank you, but I'm not sure that's true. I've texted with others who have brain damage but they are able to text just fine. Being able to read and write does not mean all is functioning well in the brain. But, you do give me hope. What makes you so sure that this is temporary? Have you had a similar experience? Of course, I want to believe what you say but I know how my brain functioned before and after this event. It's very different now than it was.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: waitingforrest, Mary5689, sadstuffie and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Anyone coming out of a period of unconsciousness is disoriented for a while. I've been unconscious and the same way. Your brain function seems fine. You are comprehending what's being written, and replying to it coherently . Do you still know your name and where you live, how old you are, who is the leader of your country, what year it is, etc? If any connections were damaged, your brain will remake new ones. The body is very resilient. You weren't out for that long. People have actually been dead for many minutes with no oxygen at all getting to their brains, then revived, and they are fine.

Reactions: Sammie, waitingforrest, bipolar22 and 4 others
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
I was trying a practice partial attempt that became real. I was unconscious for about 1-2 minutes and now I have a constant headache and feel dumb all the time. The lights are too bright and I can't handle very much stimulation. My cognition is definitely much poorer. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm freaking out.
yea @locked*n*loaded is right- you're making sense here and it takes a bit of cognition for just that. i've overdosed several times and, well, my brain came back for whatever that's worth. mostly. i also remember some 'make ya faint' kid games that in retrospect were probably a very bad idea. hope you can rest and take care of your health, our bodies are stubbornly repairable things.

Reactions: Sammie, waitingforrest, actual_fox and 1 other person
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
The symptoms you described are identical to some of the ones that show up after head trauma. I suggest you google for "post concussion" to see what those recommendations are and then treat yourself that way. For example, limiting screen time, getting enough sleep, etc. [Recommendations seem to vary across sources.] As mentioned, healing is possible with time.

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest, katagiri83, grp35 and 1 other person
G

grp35

Sep 22, 2022
Anyone coming out of a period of unconsciousness is disoriented for a while. I've been unconscious and the same way. Your brain function seems fine. You are comprehending what's being written, and replying to it coherently . Do you still know your name and where you live, how old you are, who is the leader of your country, what year it is, etc? If any connections were damaged, your brain will remake new ones. The body is very resilient. You weren't out for that long. People have actually been dead for many minutes with no oxygen at all getting to their brains, then revived, and they are fine.
Thank you for your reply. I know a guy from this forum who was out for 4 minutes and now has brain damage. He can't speak very well any more and has a stammer. Yes, I can answer all of those questions but I have been in a fog since last Tuesday when this happened. I also can't comprehend complex discussions. I had half a glass of wine on Saturday and almost blacked out. It felt like ten glasses. Have you had lots of experience with brain injury? You give me hope!
The symptoms you described are identical to some of the ones that show up after head trauma. I suggest you google for "post concussion" to see what those recommendations are and then treat yourself that way. For example, limiting screen time, getting enough sleep, etc. [Recommendations seem to vary across sources.] As mentioned, healing is possible with time.
Thank you. This unlike a concussion, this was an extended period of no blood/oxygen to the brain. I think that means that the symptoms and prognosis will likely be different.
yea @locked*n*loaded is right- you're making sense here and it takes a bit of cognition for just that. i've overdosed several times and, well, my brain came back for whatever that's worth. mostly. i also remember some 'make ya faint' kid games that in retrospect were probably a very bad idea. hope you can rest and take care of your health, our bodies are stubbornly repairable things.
Thank you. I wonder…Does an overdose cut off blood to the brain? Did you and your friends continuously apply pressure in the fainting game for longer than 1 minute?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Have you had lots of experience with brain injury?
No, not really. Just the one time for me. I got hit by a car while walking down the street. The impact launched me forward into the back of a parked car, where my head impacted. I was knocked out and awakened in the hospital. I was never dead and revived. Just knocked out. I was "lupey" for a while. I've known a couple people who have OD'd, and then been revived, and then were fine. Unfortunately, they OD'd again and are now dead.

Are you still planning on CTB? Are you still coherent enough to accomplish CTB?

• Aww..
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Thank you. This unlike a concussion, this was an extended period of no blood/oxygen to the brain. I think that means that the symptoms and prognosis will likely be different.
The commonality would be "brain injury." It seems like a brain injury (most of the time) would be treated in a similar way regardless of what caused it. Drinking alcohol is unlikely to be a good idea r.n.

Reactions: waitingforrest, katagiri83, grp35 and 1 other person
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
Thank you. I wonder…Does an overdose cut off blood to the brain? Did you and your friends continuously apply pressure in the fainting game for longer than 1 minute?
yes. once i was found after 24hrs cold and blue and stayed in icu it sucked. another time i railed abt 1.3g of pure girl n had a massive seizure which resulted in me getting found b/c noise. first thing was many years ago, took ~3mo for total recovery. second thing was ~2mo ago, still lost some sensation but cognition is same. i am sure that with opiate/benzo od's i did loose o2 absorption, the latter, i am not sure, first time i tried that way. someone mentioned earlier similarities to a concussion, that sounds like a valid precaution imo- so, staying awake, interacting, things like that. just my opinion tho i'm not a doctor!

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, grp35 and Cathy Ames
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
someone mentioned earlier similarities to a concussion, that sounds like a valid precaution imo- so, staying awake, interacting, things like that. just my opinion tho i'm not a doctor!
Not the staying awake thing. The other stuff. The big thing in the beginning is resting, as I recall.

Reactions: waitingforrest and Regen
G

grp35

Sep 22, 2022
No, not really. Just the one time for me. I got hit by a car while walking down the street. The impact launched me forward into the back of a parked car, where my head impacted. I was knocked out and awakened in the hospital. I was never dead and revived. Just knocked out. I was "lupey" for a while. I've known a couple people who have OD'd, and then been revived, and then were fine. Unfortunately, they OD'd again and are now dead.

Are you still planning on CTB? Are you still coherent enough to accomplish CTBtagb

Ok, so your experience was quite different. Even if you got knocked out, your blood flow to the brain remained uninterrupted.

I want to die even more now but I am still processing the anger and regret of making my terrible situation even worse. I'm not sure when I'll CTB but it will be hard to do now since my throat is very sore. I damaged my vocal chords.
yes. once i was found after 24hrs cold and blue and stayed in icu it sucked. another time i railed abt 1.3g of pure girl n had a massive seizure which resulted in me getting found b/c noise. first thing was many years ago, took ~3mo for total recovery. second thing was ~2mo ago, still lost some sensation but cognition is same. i am sure that with opiate/benzo od's i did loose o2 absorption, the latter, i am not sure, first time i tried that way. someone mentioned earlier similarities to a concussion, that sounds like a valid precaution imo- so, staying awake, interacting, things like that. just my opinion tho i'm not a doctor!
Interesting. What do you remember about those experiences? Did you cross over into heaven or hell? Any NDE story there?
Not the staying awake thing. The other stuff. The big thing in the beginning is resting, as I recall.
Yeah, I have been quite tired. I just wonder if I can make a full recovery or if I am now stuck being dumb.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Ok, so your experience was quite different. Even if you got knocked out, your blood flow to the brain remained uninterrupted.

I want to die even more now but I am still processing the anger and regret of making my terrible situation even worse. I'm not sure when I'll CTB but it will be hard to do now since my throat is very sore. I damaged my vocal chords.
You're right, when I said "I've been unconscious and the same way" in my first post, I should have clarified and said that I meant in the same way as being disoriented, and not in the same way as having blood flow diminished for a time. Still, I think that after some time passes, you are going to recover, your brain will recover. The body is very resilient and heals itself in many ways when it can. This is not the same as someone who damages their spinal cord and can no longer walk. It's not the same as having a stroke, either. And as I said, there are plenty of instances out their of people who have actually died, been revived, and are perfectly fine now. They had blood flow cease, also.

• Informative
Reactions: Sammie, waitingforrest, grp35 and 1 other person
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
Interesting. What do you remember about those experiences? Did you cross over into heaven or hell? Any NDE story there?
no nde stuff. i remember numbness, leaving facilities against medical advice, and... yea, mostly lack of coordination and tingles in various extremities. i think i was so high by the time i'd made certain decisions, that superseded any sentimentality of the matter. which was/is my goal. my sense of 'normal' came back as quick as any memories. even now my right hand which is the most affected, is better every day. almost no pins n needles feeling anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest and grp35
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Yeah, I have been quite tired. I just wonder if I can make a full recovery or if I am now stuck being dumb.
At this point, all anyone would tell you is "time will tell." If you look up "neuroplasticity" you will see that recovery is definitely possible.

Reactions: waitingforrest, 👁️👃👁️, katagiri83 and 2 others
G

grp35

Sep 22, 2022
At this point, all anyone would tell you is "time will tell." If you look up "neuroplasticity" you will see that recovery is definitely possible.
Are you a medical worker? You sound like my sister who is a nurse.

• Hugs
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I do think that any failed aattempt has this risk, and sadly partial fails most of the time. I hope you can get some recovery. Medical help could help your recovery, but they will have the best chance of helping if they know what happened, but then you woill get involuntarily committed for 3 to 7 days or more, who knows how long it could be. Maybe you can tell them another explanation, like you fell and hit your head and you were knocked out, but then xrays wont show this trauma. Maybe another story could help in trying to get medical treatment, not sure.

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest and katagiri83
G

grp35

Sep 22, 2022
I do think that any failed aattempt has this risk, and sadly partial fails most of the time. I hope you can get some recovery. Medical help could help your recovery, but they will have the best chance of helping if they know what happened, but then you woill get involuntarily committed for 3 to 7 days or more, who knows how long it could be. Maybe you can tell them another explanation, like you fell and hit your head and you were knocked out, but then xrays wont show this trauma. Maybe another story could help in trying to get medical treatment, not sure.
Thank you. I might tell them it was auto erotic asphyxiation that did it to me. I just feel so sick now all the time. I fear it will be like this forever. It makes me want to die even more.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest and katagiri83
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Thank you. I might tell them it was auto erotic asphyxiation that did it to me. I just feel so sick now all the time. I fear it will be like this forever. It makes me want to die even more.
I think your explanation is good- the sooner you can get treatment the better- urgent care or whatever. I think I might have heard of pure oxygen as a treatment for osmething like this, but I could be wrong. But there may be things they can do. I would stick to your story, try to not admit an attempt, because the involuntary commitments are mianly just huge profit makers and all they do is stress people out fo the whole time they are there, at least typically. Good luck.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pentobarbital_Plz, waitingforrest and katagiri83
adrienne

adrienne

postalservice
Sep 16, 2022
Yes there can be damage or other complications, it is important to get checked out in the ER just in case because other things might happen like stroke etc also, don't mean to be the black bean of this but from experience, being in the behavioral unit isn't as scary as you think. Sometimes, you meet interesting normal people that also have depression, or other stories, and become friends. Sometimes there are group sessions, board games, etc and they'll start you off on a medication too. It's always good to have insurance, even the free one is good for these situations. Even if you aren't comfortable telling strangers about you, you can still at least try the medications they prescribe, and they'll work with you on it too. I knew someone that always did this to themselves, they felt despairing much like how you do, and they didn't see any improvements until they were prescribed a monthly injectable and lamotrigine. They still felt sad sometimes, but not nearly as bad as before.

Last edited:
  • Informative
MaidenException

MaidenException

god makes no mistakes but he MaidenException
Sep 26, 2022
I haven't experienced this from partial, but I do suffer from a disorder that effects my nervous system/sensory processing. I have symptoms similar to yours when I'm having a migraine— I usually treat it with Naratriptan. Massaging where my neck meets the back of my head helps too.

You might find this paper interesting. It covers the causes of light sensitivity in terms of neural damage and what the prognosis is. It might just be a pinched nerve.

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest and Cathy Ames
adrienne

adrienne

postalservice
Sep 16, 2022
I couldn't feel my lips when I did this months ago. Like I said, I'd rather you try treatment then go on with this.

Reactions: MaidenException
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Yes there can be damage or other complications, it is important to get checked out in the ER just in case because other things might happen like stroke etc also, don't mean to be the black bean of this but from experience, being in the behavioral unit isn't as scary as you think. Sometimes, you meet interesting normal people that also have depression, or other stories, and become friends. Sometimes their's group sessions, board games, etc and they'll start you off on a medication too. It's always good to have insurance, even the free one is good for these situations.
It just depends on a person's situation. For some people being committed to a hospital can mean job loss which can lead to eviction and homelessness- rarely does an involuntary commitment help a person, at lest based on posts here- I'm glad you had a better experience.

Reactions: adrienne
G

grp35

Sep 22, 2022
I think your explanation is good- the sooner you can get treatment the better- urgent care or whatever. I think I might have heard of pure oxygen as a treatment for osmething like this, but I could be wrong. But there may be things they can do. I would stick to your story, try to not admit an attempt, because the involuntary commitments are mianly just huge profit makers and all they do is stress people out fo the whole time they are there, at least typically. Good luck.
Have you ever had an involuntary hold?

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Have you ever had an involuntary hold?
No, but many years ago I went into a hospital and in the end nothing they did helped me. The doctor wrote that he saw me for several appointments a week but that never happened- I am sure he did this for everyone there- it was a total money scam.

G

grp35

Sep 22, 2022
No, but many years ago I went into a hospital and in the end nothing they did helped me. The doctor wrote that he saw me for several appointments a week but that never happened- I am sure he did this for everyone there- it was a total money scam.
I see. Are you planning to CTB, too?

Last edited:
adrienne

adrienne

postalservice
Sep 16, 2022
It just depends on a person's situation. For some people being committed to a hospital can mean job loss which can lead to eviction and homelessness- rarely does an involuntary commitment help a person, at lest based on posts here- I'm glad you had a better experience.
I understand that very well. Still, it isn't as scary as what people say. And insurance definitely helps too. It's good to explore options. Even if you can't afford involuntary hospitalization, there are other options

G

grp35

Sep 22, 2022
Just went to the neuro and he said my MRI is normal. Says it's impossible for them to test cognitive damage. Said that time will tell 😒

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, leeloosnow, adrienne and 1 other person