• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

dustyermine

Dec 27, 2018
For some background: I'm 20 years old and currently living with my parents while i'm going to school. I don't have a car of my own (instead borrowing my parents' car).

My plan is to jump into the Grand Canyon, about a 12-hour drive from where I live. Since I'll have access to the car virtually all summer, I was thinking it would be easiest to explain a lengthy disappearance with a fictitious "road trip." I'm not driving the car into the Canyon because that would be silly. My question is, does anyone have:
  1. tips or ideas for how I'd explain this trip to my parents (if i should say it's just me or say i'm going with friends, where i would "sleep," etc.) or
  2. advice for preparing for a long road trip
Advice for either would be great. Thanks!

A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
Do you have camping gear? You can say you're going camping by yourself for a few days, to reconnect with nature or whatever. I'm sure there are plenty of places near the Grand Canyon where you can pitch a tent for a few nights. Probably best to tell them as much of the truth as possible. If they discover you're not with the people you say you're going with, or that you're driving to a different location, that would raise red flags. Obviously leave out the part about killing yourself lol.

On the way there, make sure you go the speed limit and take breaks to stretch your legs if you need to. It also helps to pack some sandwiches and snacks in a cooler so you don't have to eat fast food.

dolphin

dolphin

aquatic thing
Feb 7, 2019
I guess say you are going with friends? I'd think it would be more suspicious if you went alone. Someone that your parents don't know well (so they don't try to contact one of them)?

F

Fadingfast

Come in peace, go in peace
May 9, 2019
I'm supposed to leave for my "road trip" in 20 minutes. This shit is way harder than I thought.

Reactions: Ivenocare
dolphin

dolphin

aquatic thing
Feb 7, 2019
Why right now?? Did you already tell them you were going?
What is hard, the planning or the suicide?

F

Fadingfast

May 9, 2019
My Dad works the over night shift so I was going to start driving when he leaves. I was just going to disappear. It's hard to leave my cat and my mom, they are the two beings that I love most on this earth. The planning sucks because I'm settling on a location that may fail. Thats prob whats holding me back the most. My mom thinks I'm going to recover but such a thing doesn't exist for my issue.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ivenocare, dolphin and intheweeds
dolphin

dolphin

aquatic thing
Feb 7, 2019
My Dad works the over night shift so I was going to start driving when he leaves. I was just going to disappear. It's hard to leave my cat and my mom, they are the two beings that I love most on this earth. The planning sucks because I'm settling on a location that may fail. Thats prob whats holding me back the most. My mom thinks I'm going to recover but such a thing doesn't exist for my issue.

Maybe you should just hold on for the time being.

Reactions: intheweeds
F

Fadingfast

May 9, 2019
Maybe you should just hold on for the time being.

I feel so stupid because I was so sure... My Dad ended up calling out of work so he's still up with me. Just really thought today was the day.