HappiestAngel

HappiestAngel

Mar 11, 2023
Just existing makes me feel like I am doing something bad. It's like a constant feeling I've had for a while. It makes it hard to enjoy anything. I've discussed it with therapists in the past but they always try to find a reason for the feeling, which didn't go anywhere. Has anyone here experienced something similar?

Aguagu

Aguagu

Should I really be here?
Mar 12, 2023
I do feel that as well. Though I don't understand it really. Just existing makes me sad. I'm not sure whether it is the fact that I might be bothering other people constantly or that I could be doing something useful. Or that maybe my whole existence isn't really necessary. But I would like to find my place here just like anyone else. Not sure if I can though, I just feel lost. Though I hope that you do find a way to make your life more enjoyable.

HappiestAngel

HappiestAngel

Mar 11, 2023
I do feel that as well. Though I don't understand it really. Just existing makes me sad. I'm not sure whether it is the fact that I might be bothering other people constantly or that I could be doing something useful. Or that maybe my whole existence isn't really necessary. But I would like to find my place here just like anyone else. Not sure if I can though, I just feel lost. Though I hope that you do find a way to make your life more enjoyable.
I think that wanting to find your place is the first step in actually finding it.

Reactions: Aguagu
Seven Threads

Seven Threads

Iterator
Mar 5, 2023
Could I possibly ask you to elaborate a little bit on what you mean by 'bad'? There's a lot of things that could be involved with that. I know some people experience it as a sense of guilt or shame, others feel it as some sort of ethical 'wrong' like the act of taking up space or needing things is a vice or somesuch, and I've also seen people who feel like it's a competence thing, and they're inhere try stupid or flawed or broken because they can't seem to get things together. How do you experience this 'bad' feeling?

HappiestAngel

HappiestAngel

Mar 11, 2023
Could I possibly ask you to elaborate a little bit on what you mean by 'bad'? There's a lot of things that could be involved with that. I know some people experience it as a sense of guilt or shame, others feel it as some sort of ethical 'wrong' like the act of taking up space or needing things is a vice or somesuch, and I've also seen people who feel like it's a competence thing, and they're inhere try stupid or flawed or broken because they can't seem to get things together. How do you experience this 'bad' feeling?
It's like the same feeling I get when I tell a lie. I do not know where the source of this feeling comes from. I don't think it's because I feel like a burden or anything. I think I'm quite an egotistical person and lately I have been feeling less empathy towards others.