K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Is it normal to be extremely tired and in constant psychological pain from working, raising a family and just surviving the past that I want it all to end?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep, foreverfalling and 3 others
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
its very normal. that doesnt make it any less difficult. trauma and depression are very serious and can take a huge toll on someones life. it can become so hard that it feels impossible, so what else are we left to do? its a simple line of thought. that doesnt mean there aren't options and treatments you can pursue that may significantly help.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and Weltall
Weltall

Weltall

Consider Your Choices Before You Act
Nov 9, 2023
Is it normal to be extremely tired and in constant psychological pain from working, raising a family and just surviving the past that I want it all to end?
Yes, it's normal to feel mentally defeated from the responsibilities you bear.
I hope you eventually feel a bit better, and can try to find ways of making your lifestyle a bit more comforting.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and WAITING TO DIE
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Too much burden being placed on people nowadays and costs of living keep rising.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1, Weltall and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
It's completely normal to feel this way about these things, especially in these present times.
Life is far too stressful nowadays in general and having work and family pressures on top of surviving the past is all stressful and takes its toll, especially if you are dealing with trauma from the past.
Sorry you are going through this.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and Weltall
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Most 'normal' people I know in life that have families are tired- certainly. Not sure about the psychological pain. Most are under stress- definitely. I imagine everyone here is experiencing psychological pain for one reason or another though. I also think our ability to cope with the day to day grind is diminished. But, I'm not sure we'd be able to say what's 'normal'. Are we all that normal here?

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Praestat_Mori and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Most 'normal' people I know in life that have families are tired- certainly. Not sure about the psychological pain. Most are under stress- definitely. I imagine everyone here is experiencing psychological pain for one reason or another though. I also think our ability to cope with the day to day grind is diminished. But, I'm not sure we'd be able to say what's 'normal'. Are we all that normal here?
Probably not - and I have always felt like this and I guess this is my normal. I have Complex PTSD, CFS, dissociative dirorders, possibly autistic amongst a lot of other challenges anyway. Thank you for reflecting and reaching out.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Praestat_Mori and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Probably not - and I have always felt like this and I guess this is my normal. I have Complex PTSD, CFS, dissociative dirorders, possibly autistic amongst a lot of other challenges anyway. Thank you for reflecting and reaching out.

I'm sorry- that's a lot to try and deal with on top of everything else. Yes, I understand what you mean. I'm lucky in that I don't have as many diagnosed challenges in life but I feel like my 'normal' is very likely different to other people's. I feel sure that part of the reason we feel so exhausted is fighting all the mental anxiety. I think life becomes so much harder to live when you don't actually want to live it.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Yes. I understand what you mean and it is absolutely normal to feel like that. You may feel as if no, it isn't normal because others aren't struggling with the same issues as you. I understand the exhaustion stemming from such struggles and I'm sorry that you're suffering. I understand why you want it all to end.

Something important to remember when you're doubting such things, concerning yourself questioning if how you feel is "normal" that not everyone is the same both physically and psychologically. Why do we look different? Because no one is the same. Our mental characteristics also differ for the same reason.