D

Deleted Member 4048

Jun 14, 2022
3 Examples of Pro-lifer hypocrisy, inconsistency, and stupidity

1. Debbie Downer argument - oh you're just depressed (D-word), you're so negative and pessimistic. You only chase the bad, ignore the good (even if you are being rational and calling things for what they are (the truth, the reality).) Then they get into the toxic positivity platitudes and more, (but that's another point altogether). Many pro-lifers use this as a quick argument to shoot down and dismiss whatever the other person has to say, regardless of whether the other person is coming from a point of good faith and rationality.

2. Religious hypocrisy - This is one of the classic, simple examples of irrationality vs rationality. They will oftenly claim that you chose to be/feel x, but if want to ctb (notice how they switch on a whim from you chose to you didn't. Plus insert reason for irrationality obtained from intellectual dishonesty). For example, if one complains about how life sucks and blah sucks and can't accept blah, then they say you chose not accept blah (implying you are rational). Yet when one says why one wishes to CTB even for legit reasons, rational reasons, they suddenly say oh one cannot do that irrationality. In short they just want to apply rationality, sound mind when it's convenient for them (putting someone down, dismissing them, etc.) but when it's not they flip their argument and claim to fit their points. That's not logical, honest, nor consistent...

3. People only care if they know/have knowledge of - Ignorance is bliss/what one doesn't know can't hurt them. There are perhaps millions in the world who CTB each year (or day?) and you don't hear about people going out of their way to intervene those (in fact there are many who do it even as we debate these arguments). However, when they have knowledge it suddenly 'bothers' them and they have to stop it. It's all the same at the end, feeding their egos and not wanting to confront the reality that is life. What would happen someone in a third world country/impoverished area and a nobody dies or succumbs to mortality? I'm sure people who know them will feed sad but as far as the majority of people, indeed, they would virtual signal People don't really give a shit that much, maybe (pretend to) give a shit only to look "good" and be some model citizen...

Reactions: CursedSoul, ConstantPain and Teenytiny
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Number 3: People suck and seem to jump on *trends* someone one a social media platform the other day was bitching that he thought it was Mental Awareness month for Men, and he had NO One check in on him.... suddenly everyone on his thread was commenting how much they cared and loved him etc, and he should have reached out,
I am like there thinking, you are the dick heads that if he had contacted you, would have ignored him till it was too late then been all OMG if only etc.
Society sucks balls when it comes to MH and empty platitudes.

Reactions: CursedSoul, ConstantPain, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally cannot stand pro lifers. They will simply never be able to understand as they are not suicidal themselves. I personally see it as best not to interact with people like this. I wish that we lived in a world where our right to die is respected, it is sad and unfair how society focuses so much on prolonging our suffering and trying to force us to live miserable lives. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: CursedSoul and ConstantPain
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I personally cannot stand pro lifers. They will simply never be able to understand as they are not suicidal themselves. I personally see it as best not to interact with people like this. I wish that we lived in a world where our right to die is respected, it is sad and unfair how society focuses so much on prolonging our suffering and trying to force us to live miserable lives. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

And that's what makes this forum so good, people are (most of the time!) Non judgmental, and understand its our choice, the smile and cheer up attitude needs to go away, pro lifers don't realize it runs so much deeper then what they seen on the surface

Reactions: ConstantPain