Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
As some people here may know, a big reason I am depressed is because of my lack of a romantic and/or sexual (but mainly romantic) relationship. Sometimes I just try to forget about my loneliness, but I see happy couples everywhere I go and it only makes me sadder.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, Enabran255 and lovemelovemenot
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
As some people here may know, a big reason I am depressed is because of my lack of a romantic and/or sexual (but mainly romantic) relationship. Sometimes I just try to forget about my loneliness, but I see happy couples everywhere I go and it only makes me sadder.
Have you tried dating?

Z

ZEROheroes4

Oct 4, 2019
You're not alone.

Reactions: Enabran255
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Yep, i can't feel good anywhere as long as there is people around.
Being surrounded with people just makes me more depressed.
I think it's because i'm confronted with "normal lives" and what it is to have a normal social life and mental health and how far i am from these lifestyles. How much i have stranded from the path of normality. How much of a freak i have become.

Reactions: lovemelovemenot, Wolfjob_dayjob and Lethe
Enabran255

Enabran255

Numbed
Oct 2, 2019
I know exactly what you mean. It seems like every time I have to go out, I see PDAing couples in the grocery stores, etc. Makes me want to die. The worst recent experience I had was when I went to an anime convention a couple months ago. Couples everywhere as far as the eye could see. One of my stupid dreams has always been to find a girlfriend who shared these same interests, and go to a con together with her some time. So it hurt even more.

People have told me over the years that it's because I "don't try," etc. They're so ignorant. That very convention had a dating event that I tried going to, and the ratio was absolutely devastating. About 25 girls showed up versus 600+ guys. People don't realize how impossible it is just to find someone who has shared interests, let alone the nightmare difficulty that comes after that of being good/attractive/etc enough for them to consider you as dating material. It's also exponentially harder once you're on the wrong side of college age.