dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
What kind of consolation people think this is? When we assume I'm important because everyone is important we can equally assume it's the other way around.
To me, some people are just better than others, it's natural, we can't all win and let others win too. And it's freaking me out that people are too afraid to say it out loud!! We 👏🏻 are 👏🏻 not 👏🏻 important 👏🏻 and we will be forgotten pretty soon. It doesn't really matter to anyone if we are alive or dead. They're too busy with their own problems and yeah maybe they will be sad, of course, but it's just because we were all raised in a society where someone's death is a bad thing, always, with no exceptions. Not true. Sometimes it's for the best to let somebody go. Live and let die. I want suicide to be socially accepted, so much :(

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Unknown21, Cinnamorolls and 10 others
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
i think a better way to reflect on this statement is rather than looking at it as everyone "is important" is to see it more so as everyone has the ability to make impacts on others in a positive manner. of course were meaningless on a large scale. large political figures, scientists, important medical figures, authors, etc could die tomorrow and we wouldn't really bat an eye to much outside of maybe reading some bad media post about the situation and calling it a day. however those you surround yourself with are who will think you're important & beautiful because you've made that impact on them.

i'd say it helps to look and understand this phrase on a more local scale than assuming everyone in the world holds one same static position. also there is just shitty people who are neither and have no one to back them aha.

• Hugs
Reactions: meoka<3, Saturn_, deleted442 and 1 other person
dinosavr

dinosavr

Dec 14, 2023
i think a better way to reflect on this statement is rather than looking at it as everyone "is important" is to see it more so as everyone has the ability to make impacts on others in a positive manner. of course were meaningless on a large scale. large political figures, scientists, important medical figures, authors, etc could die tomorrow and we wouldn't really bat an eye to much outside of maybe reading some bad media post about the situation and calling it a day. however those you surround yourself with are who will think you're important & beautiful because you've made that impact on them.

i'd say it helps to look and understand this phrase on a more local scale than assuming everyone in the world holds one same static position. also there is just shitty people who are neither and have no one to back them aha.
Sure, but, still - I know I've made impact on my family and friends and that I'm not fully meaningless for them, but I don't mean more than "a sister" or "a roommate". I can be easily replaced and if I disappeared, no one would really think that there's something missing in their lives. Other people are just background characters of our own play.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Unknown21 and CTB Dream
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
true in most cases but it's been proven that more people are affected by loss than you feel on the surface. basically a butterfly effect sorta thing. sure we're all basically meaningless but that small impact or change you've given someone counts for something and will be reflected upon anyone's passing.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvwJ, CTB Dream and dinosavr
dinosavr

dinosavr

Dec 14, 2023
true in most cases but it's been proven that more people are affected by loss than you feel on the surface. basically a butterfly effect sorta thing. sure we're all basically meaningless but that small impact or change you've given someone counts for something and will be reflected upon anyone's passing.
Maybe it's just one of my mechanisms that help me see suicide as something 100% normal 0% scary kind of thing. Anyway it's just sad that we have to continue existence for other people, not for ourselves.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Unknown21, DefinitelyReady, SMmetalhead36 and 5 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
Some people are just more beautiful and important. . .

and they have a habit of shoving it in your face.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and dinosavr
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
Importance is overrated! Most of us only matter to the half or full dozen people we're close to and, often, not even that much. I remember well the day my grandma was buried. It was a beautiful, sunny day. The most important person in my life had died and the world kept going as if it was nothing, as if it didn't matter. In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't. It became very obvious to me that I should make a difference for those I was close to, to those that I truly cared about. That's all there is and all that matters in the end.
Then again, I don't understand instagramers and all those who want fame for the sake of fame. I'm comfortable in anonymity and nothingness, especially when I'm gone. I almost put a clause in my will that forbid the beneficiaries to pay any sort of homage when I'm gone, but decided to leave it out because it'd seem too self centered of me.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, dinosavr, SMmetalhead36 and 1 other person
B

Bobsled96

Jun 16, 2024
Maybe it's just one of my mechanisms that help me see suicide as something 100% normal 0% scary kind of thing. Anyway it's just sad that we have to continue existence for other people, not for ourselves.
That's the real reason most people dissuade the lonely and miserable from suicide; not to help that person but because they don't want to feel bad and feel entitled to your continued existence just for birthing you

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, dinosavr and Artemisia
dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
I am surprised at how often i reflect on people that have past, without intending to.
...however my mind is a shambles of reality & dreamscapes , & generally prefers
the latter.

• Hugs
Reactions: dinosavr