HyperdimensionLoser

HyperdimensionLoser

sleepy forever
Apr 29, 2023
"Everyone has value! You have value! Everyone is deserving of basic human necessities and rights!" I agree with this sentiment. Yes, everyone is deserving of the basics they need to live, survive, and thrive on this planet. But so does every other life form on this planet too. So do the trees outside, the polar bears in the Arctic, and whatever extremophiles live in the deepest depths on the ocean. Even criminals deserve some ounce of humanity too. Nothing deserves to get wiped out from existence for no reason at all, or for selfish or absurd reasons.

Maybe I'm being selfish but so what? If everything is deserving of a life full of enjoyment then what reason do I have to be here? Can't you find someone else? There's hundreds of people you can meet in your life, and billions of people you can meet on this planet. I'm no one special. If you go online you can just as easily find someone else with an exact personality and line of interests next to me. Sure, my parents might care but it's not like I've done anything special for them. Sure, my friends might care but they could just as easily move on as if I was never there. I'm just a ghost. I'm the most generic person you will ever meet and because of that I can easily just get replaced by someone from the pool of 8 billion on this planet.

I guess... what I want is just a reason to stick around. Something about me that makes me irreplaceable. Something that makes me, and my presence special, like no one else can replicate that. I just... feel so boring, generic, and vanilla and I want that feeling to get proven wrong; but maybe it's selfish of me to think that way.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Shivali, pole and 6 others
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
I don't have a value. Look around for 5 seconds and you'll see that. I'm not exactly a valuable person.
Value is something that one holds of just that.

Last edited:
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
You only have as much value as someone else sees in you. You cannot overvalue yourself and expect people to "buy" into it. It's a hard pill to swallow.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: leavingsoon99, Shivali, pole and 3 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
If you can't find a reason for yourself to justify your continued existence that's one thing, but the point is you are entitled to your existence regardless of how unique or irreplaceable or special you are or aren't.

Sure, my parents might care but it's not like I've done anything special for them. Sure, my friends might care but they could just as easily move on as if I was never there.
I wonder if you're truly being honest with yourself. For what it's worth everyone I know reasonably well has things to offer that can't be substituted by anyone else.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds, SuicideAwaits, DrinkyCrow and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think value is different to rights which is also different to our right to choose.

I agree- like you say- everyone and everything has basic rights that need protecting- usually by law. These rights SHOULD be respected regardless of what 'value' that person/animal is deemed to have.

'Value' is something either other people asign to you- or you feel you posess in yourself- or, a mixture of both. You may feel like you have no value but- would literally no one miss you if you went?

To an extent- I suppose it's up to you as to how much you want to 'add value' to this world. It depends on how much value you asign to your actions I suppose as well. I do relate to you on that. I don't feel like I have anything incredibly special to give to this world. Definitely not on its current tragectory anyway. All I'm going to do is pollute it for the rest of my life. I may be able to reduce that but I can't reverse it. I'm not a brainy scientist or anything.

Still- I suppose for me- individual autonomy/choice trumps everything. Someone could be incredibly talented and outwardly useful to the community- so prove their 'value' that way. They could be also be chronically ill or unhappy themselves- SHOULD they stick around- just because they are useful to other people? Isn't what they want important? Of course- they still have the right to keep living but- What if they don't want to? Is it right to force them to- just because they are useful/ have value to others?

Do you think you'd want to live if you felt like your life had meaning and value? Do you look at other people and feel like their lives have value- Why? What achievement have they made that makes that difference? Do you have any motovation left to try and achieve the same?

Reactions: freedompass
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The fact is that the society needs slaves which is why suicide isn't accepted as being the valid option that it truly is, that's a reason as to why people wish to prolong existence at all costs as well as their selfishness and delusional beliefs about the reality of existing. The fact is that if other people wish to delay the inevitable and suffer in the process then that's fine for them but they shouldn't have any right to force these beliefs onto other people. I could never see existence as being a desirable state, it's something so futile and unappealing to me, I could never see any value in suffering so unnecessarily just to cease existing and forget everything anyway.

L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I find the idea of 'worth' a bit misguided. I mean, look at planet earth. How much value are humans REALLY adding to this planet? Earth would, undoubtedly, benefit more without the human race. So, it's a bit disordered for a worthless species to slap value on existence. That's just my thinking. I do agree with you that everything has a right to be, but we should also have a say in not being. The value of life is different for different people. Not all lives are worth continuing, and a person should have a right to end it if they choose. Life shouldn't be imposed on anyone who doesn't want it. And to try and impose the idea of this abstract, arbitrary value of life onto others is a bit misguided.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
They say every human has value

Then they treat Mona Lisa's painting far better than they ever treated her. Better than almost any human on earth

TempusFugit

TempusFugit

:(
May 13, 2023
I feel like value isn't really decided based on how much people contribute to the greater world as whole. I'm pretty bad at explaining but we often fall into thinking as everybody as this massive "other" when most of it's just small interactions between individuals. Except for public figures most people are only really judged by those close enough to acknowledge them. None of us are really irreplaceable in the grand scheme of things but it's not the irreplaceability that makes someone/something valuable. It's the coincidental meeting and personal attachment that really gives value.

Reactions: kitch
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Never believe the shit that comes out of those mouths.