K

Kuolema

Student
Jun 27, 2019
Lost the love of my life yesterday. Entirely my fault. I'm the most ready I've been in my entire life. Anyone here had a similar experience?

• Hugs
Reactions: lizinha, MysticPerception, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Yes and while it is painful it is not even close to hell I am living now because of the health issues.

Reactions: Fragile
K

Kuolema

Student
Jun 27, 2019
Yes and while it is painful it is not even close to hell I am living now because of the health issues.
I'm sorry Angelus. I didn't mean to make it a competition. I'm sorry you're in pain. Hope you find peace soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: R_N
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I'm sorry Angelus. I didn't mean to make it a competition. I'm sorry you're in pain. Hope you find peace soon.
Don't worry about it I didn't mean it in that way. I am just speaking from my experience and comparing it to my life. I was really heartbroken once to the point I wanted to die but I moved on years later. It is tough but in my experience manageable.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kuolema
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Harmillista :( Älä soimaa liikaa itseäsi. Ihmiset tekee virheitä.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I lost a 13 year marriage and my two kids. My "soulmate haha" is currently using everything in her power to try to make my life hell.

It's not working very well for her though. You can only get so low in your depression before nothing matters at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: waterbottleman, MysticPerception, Fragile and 2 others
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
During high school, I met a girl in one of my classes. I don't even know how it happened but eventually we started to talk to one another more and more. She was kind, beautiful, and smart (even if she didn't believe so). Even if the conversations were brief, I enjoyed the conversations we shared. I always had a hard time talking with girls so finding one to talk to so comfortably felt weird.

Teacher changed seats and me and M (just for the sake of not calling her "the girl") were assigned next to each other. Looking back on it, I feel like the teacher saw something and put us together. We talked more often, but I never wanted to risked the chance to ask for her number and come off as just wanting to talk to her to date her.

I thought about the idea that me and M could be together. She was going to go to some Art college in the city while I stayed where I'm at. I wanted to ask her if we could go on at date after school until I learned that she already had a boyfriend, and she had one for a while. I was heartbroken. The one real chance I had at getting a girlfriend was never a chance in the first place. I wasn't ever angry at her or the boyfriend. Both of them were great people.

After a while I got over it and we still continued to talk like good friends. When it came time towards the end of the school year, I never managed to have a conversation with her to maybe get her number to keep in touch (her friends would've laughed at me or something). And here I am now, alone and soon going to die alone. Wherever she's doing right now I hope she's happy and it's probably for the best that I never had a chance.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yeah feels like having your heart ripped out. But such an intense feeling does pass. It's hard to believe at the time but it does. It's why beer and country music exist.

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Lost the love of my life yesterday. Entirely my fault. I'm the most ready I've been in my entire life. Anyone here had a similar experience?
I had my heart broke many years ago,only to discover that she was a snake later..At the time I blamed myself and went through hell in my mind.My family never liked her or wanted me to be with her so I got no support from them.The guy she cheated on me with,she cheated on him as well.It took awhile,but I finally saw through everything and got better.This is what life is I guess..Take a chance get your heartbroke and miserable,dont take a chance and feel cowardly and miserable.

TheOA

TheOA

Student
Jan 5, 2020
I have had my heart broken. It was the best gift anyone has ever given me because it really did set me free. It was the first time someone ever treated me as poorly as I had treated others. And, while it was painful, it was cathartic. And also, necessary.

Reactions: Final Escape
Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude

Dec 23, 2019
yes.
I fucked up. He's not dead or anything though.
Too much shame. But at least the last thing/person holding me back is finally gone so I won't have any regrets.

Last edited:
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
I sure have. Never hurts as much as the first time now that I think about it. Funny thing about it is I did it to myself. It was completely my fault and I was in the wrong. Well I'm not willing to go into details as it just brings back bad memories but yeah. I've had my heart completely shattered because of a mistake. Then the pieces got stepped on and broken further right afterwards.

HereToday

HereToday

Arcanist
Dec 27, 2019
I had my heart not only broken, but completely destroyed by an abusive narcissistic psychopath. Short version: He pretended to love me, called me his 'soulmate', promised we'd be together forever... all while telling his friends he was going to marry me for money, cheating constantly, and being emotionally/physically/financially abusive. When I finally had the strength to break up with him, he lured me to his house where he was waiting with a friend and they assaulted me. They then called the police on ME and said I was stalking him. Absolute psycho. Since that night I've had constant flashbacks and nightmares. I'll never return to the person I was before this happened.
I'm so sorry you're heartbroken. I wish emotions weren't a thing.

• Aww..
Reactions: Backwood_tilt
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yes recently, I'm still recovering. Sucks so bad I'll miss that guy.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I've never had any kind of relationship but yes, I've had my heart torn into pieces in other ways.

Reactions: C8114
C

C8114

Jul 12, 2019
Yes... I'm in love with someone but they are distant

• Aww..
Reactions: sadgirl2002 and lizinha
Abaigh

Abaigh

Student
Jan 20, 2020
Yes but it's not exactly a romantic heart break. It was my dad who broke my heart it's a bit complicated but he was my favourite person in the world when I was younger I mean I wanted to spend everyday with him but I couldn't because my parents were split up.
He did something to me that is illegal and makes him a monster to other but to me I still cared about him so much but still hurt me so much. He broke me. Sorry the response is so long.

• Aww..
Reactions: Backwood_tilt