D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
If a Dog got hit by a car and became paralyzed and could never walk again and the owner put them in cart and just wheeled them around people would be furious.

I don't think there'd be one person alive who wouldn't say that dog needs to be put out of its misery.

The irony is that if the same thing happens to a human where they're completely paralyzed they get pushed around in a wheelchair for the rest of their life.

I just don't understand how in almost every country euthanasia isn't offered at all to these people.
No one should have to travel overseas just to die especially someone who can't get there easily and requires caretakers and all sorts of BS.

This would be the first step to getting euthanasia legalized everywhere.

• Hugs
Reactions: CelestialDiana, cowboypants, bebeblu and 14 others
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
You are 100 percent right. Humans are treated worse than pets due to the lack of human euthanasia. This causes years of meaningless suffering. The euthanasia that exists today is unjust - if you have the right to die depends on which country you live in, what state of health you have, how much money you have and if you can travel abroad. I think that all people should have the right to euthanasia - we must die because we were born.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, Ironborn, DeIetedUser4739 and 6 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am 100% pro-choice in everything and for me, having 24/7 chronic pain, if and when the quantity overtakes the quality of life, I have a VAD waiting in the wings for me.

Each and every soul should have the option(s) to do as they wish, and NO damn government or goody 2 shoes organization should have the right to tell me or anybody what to do with their lives in any form or fashion ever.

Sorry but makes me so mad thinking that there might be someone who "knows" my body better than me, bull crap on that.

The pain clinic that I go to, I mention all the time, what might happen, and they let me be me, as they help as much as they can, but they also understand where I am coming from, and I so wish that they could be duplicated all over the planet.

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: Ironborn, LoiteringClouds, iloverachel and 4 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I agree. The hypocrisy that people have is absurd. But, after all, pets are allowed euthanasia because they aren't the ones who have to slave away for humanity and work. A human has more value to society even if they are disabled which is why society keeps us alive against our will by restricting peaceful method. It truly is twisted. I always felt like I was born in the wrong era as most humans right now are absolutely absurd and sick. Maybe I should have been born 200 years later instead, maybe then I wouldn't be living in such an insane and sick society

• Hugs
Reactions: Ironborn, DeIetedUser4739, LoiteringClouds and 7 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
We have to be very careful making these judgements.

Suffering is subjective, lots of disabled people are very happy and live fulfilling lives. Making the argument that we should allow disabled people to be put to sleep is a terrifying thought. Governments would use it to encourage them to die and see it as a valid option.

Giving access to euthanasia for people has to be absolutely certain it's what they want and all options of recovery have come to ab end.

Just allowing it for anyone would lead to a massacre of the poor and disabled.

Reactions: Crinia99 and LoiteringClouds
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
I support Euthanasia for anyone who wants it

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, Hollowman, pthnrdnojvsc and 4 others
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
It should be an option obviously not compulsory. I agree many severely disabled people do live meaningful happy lives. I think the original poster was saying maybe acknowledging the suffering and wishes of those severely disabled who DO want to end it, might be a first step to acknowledging the plight of everyone else rather than singling them out.
If a Dog got hit by a car and became paralyzed and could never walk again and the owner put them in cart and just wheeled them around people would be furious.

I don't think there'd be one person alive who wouldn't say that dog needs to be put out of its misery.

The irony is that if the same thing happens to a human where they're completely paralyzed they get pushed around in a wheelchair for the rest of their life.

I just don't understand how in almost every country euthanasia isn't offered at all to these people.
No one should have to travel overseas just to die especially someone who can't get there easily and requires caretakers and all sorts of BS.

Once you realise your government does not care about you, it all make a bit more sense.
As a pet owner you make the decision about the dog.

The government see YOU as their dog.

Therefore if you can still play 'go fetch' for them (ie prop up their systems by voting, earn them money through taxes etc) they aren't going to want to 'put you to sleep'.

You are still their 'good dog' and worth keeping alive.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Crinia99, DeIetedUser4739, LoiteringClouds and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
It's just so horrifying honestly how humans cannot choose to be euthanised even know in this existence there is potential for the most extreme suffering, it's really terrifying to me how one can can suffer to such unlimited amounts and yet still not die. To exist really is so hellish and harmful which is why I'm disgusted by those humans who are against the personal choice to die, for me suicide is all that feels rational.

It's such a devastating, unacceptable tragedy how access to euthanasia isn't a human right, nobody consented to the meaningless and torturous burden of existing as a human and we are all just going to die anyway. People should be able to free themselves from this existence in peace whenever they want to, I never would have chosen to exist, it disgusts me how there is only compassion towards animals but not humans.

Reactions: Ironborn, DeIetedUser4739, iloverachel and 1 other person
M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021

My opinion. It's because of economic and survival reasons. When humans wants to die voluntarily, then it would affect the survival of the society and/or culture. You see now especially an anti euthanasia/suicide panic, because of the low and declining birth rate.
This is the case in nearly the majority of developed and nearly developed countries.

Reactions: Crinia99, DeIetedUser4739, divinemistress36 and 3 others
acephale

acephale

Miroir
May 12, 2024
We are living in anthropocentrism era, where human life is more valuable to the system than other life form.

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, pthnrdnojvsc, iloverachel and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Pets also have shorter lifespans than humans so putting them down sometimes feels like "well they're about to die soon anyway, might as well let it be peacefully." Even with humans, more people are willing to accept euthanasia options for our much older victims. I think if someone was 112 years old and suffering the things we were going through then even the average prolifer would say "well they already lived a full life I guess it makes sense to let them leave on their own terms." It does suck that we have to wait to even be given this droplet of dignity but that's just how it is now I guess.

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739 and divinemistress36
H

Hotsackage

Elementalist
Mar 11, 2019
Because we're more self aware, so that means we're special. What a load of bollocks

Reactions: Ironborn, DeIetedUser4739, divinemistress36 and 2 others
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
We are living in anthropocentrism era, where human life is more valuable to the system than other life form.
You think wrong. Suicide and euthanasia became taboo and illegal because of religion which is the fundamental error. Since everyone must die, the process of dying should should be done in a dignified manner. That patients are slowly tortured to death in palliative care or in nursing homes for several years burden the state and the tax payers and the patients suffer most of them all. This is only meaningless suffering and stupidity. Everyone should have the right to live and die with dignity. Futhermore, we are overpopulated so forcing people to live only leads to more overcrowding problems.

Reactions: cowboypants, DeIetedUser4739, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
T

ThisGameIsOverrated

I need RCs
May 6, 2024
I think it's subconsciously because pro-lifers obviously want to live long lives and then project their desires to live onto other people assuming anyone who thinks other wise isn't a sane person like them whilst the same logic doesn't apply to animals because they're not sentient

Reactions: Ironborn, Crinia99, DeIetedUser4739 and 2 others
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
It's because of economic reasons
yup, our politicians dont want us to be able to, because thats less people they can tax.
and the billionaires/ corporations who basically own the politicians dont want us to be able to, cause thats less people for them to sell shit too

Reactions: Ironborn, Crinia99, DeIetedUser4739 and 1 other person
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Suicide booths, nembutal, someone helping u to commit suicide should be legal and would be. But these aren't available because governments and politicians wrote pages of laws making those crimes.

People think only a doctor can give u euthanizia. No that should be an available choice but also suicide booths, suicide machines , nembutal anyone helping u etc.

I would prefer a suicide booth to dealing with an arrogant know it all doctor.

The technology is there for a suicide booth. I don't want to explain anything to anyone about why I want to die now. I want to be able to go into a suicide Booth . Press a few buttons and die instantly. I don't want to talk to anyone about it as it's no one else's business what I do with this prison they call my human body.

I shouldn't have to apply and get approved for euthanizia and then deal with doctors. I own my body and should have the right to exit when I want this evil prison world and evil life

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: cowboypants, DeIetedUser4739, LoiteringClouds and 4 others
acephale

acephale

Miroir
May 12, 2024
You think wrong. Suicide and euthanasia became taboo and illegal because of religion which is the fundamental error. Since everyone must die, the process of dying should should be done in a dignified manner. That patients are slowly tortured to death in palliative care or in nursing homes for several years burden the state and the tax payers and the patients suffer most of them all. This is only meaningless suffering and stupidity. Everyone should have the right to live and die with dignity. Futhermore, we are overpopulated so forcing people to live only leads to more overcrowding problems.
Human social system not only the state doesn't always tend to productivity, but also to useless consumption, and wasting tax money is one of them to satisfy the wish of people who want to die naturally.

Reactions: sserafim
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Plenty of good points already said, but it's worth noting it's not apple and oranges. Dogs don't consent to euthanasia, it's an act committed upon them (I don't disagree in most scenarios, but worth making that distinction). Also I don't see it talked too often on this site, but the actions of the Nazis and their form of eugenics has cemented the notion for many that euthanasia of people in any form is a form of eugenics. Look at the reception to Peter Singer's writings on euthanasia, many of whom directly said he invoked Nazi ideology, which anyone who has analyzed his arguments of applied ethics would show is a patently false claim.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and sserafim
C

Crinia99

Student
Oct 10, 2023
Lots of valid points though I don't agree with pointing the finger at religion as its created by society and used as an avenue for society to control people.

Something to add is that society needs scapegoats and people who are down on the ladder. They need to stay alive and be kept in their rightful place to prop up the rest of society, that operates and relys on a system hierarchy in order to function. It should be about choice but choice is taken away as a means of control and to keep the system operating.
But old people in nursing homes also contribute substationally to the system, they keep people in jobs and on wages. There is a massive old people's home being built up the rd from me that many locals were up against. It's not needed or necessary but it sure will build up the economy, so it's going ahead!

Last edited:
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739