Never Free

Never Free

Student
Feb 6, 2019
I'm an Enneagram 6. I know it's supposed to be one of the most common types, and chances are the most common types. I feel this a lot of where my grief comes from. I have a feeling we may be born with our core Enneagram type, but trauma is filtered through it. Maybe even more so than MBTI. Even though as an ENFJ my type is much more rare, I find my Ennneagram is what keeps me isolated.

My mom is on my case again. Says I'm "unhealthy". Despite trying to acquire refeeding syndrome, purposefully. She always thinks worse of me, so she doesn't notice much difference. I argue, just to spite her. Although I know more unhealthy than she knows. She's been very violent to me in the past. She now says I'm "depressed' as an insult, and to not take responsibility for the way she's treated me. Despite me saying stuff like being an Enneagram 6 is what better suits me, or even anxiety. Though she explodes when other people tell her how she feels.

Though I do fit the description, for an unhealthy type 6. I know I'm not myself lately. I definitely think the erratic eating is wrecking havoc on my mind. Though perhaps it's my past. I'm often in the lower descriptions of 6 anyways. Despite this I feel it's in many ways just. The world is a very dangerous, and unpredictable place in many ways. Here is a description of The unhealthy levels of 6 from "Enneagram Institiute" . I feel CTB is the only way I can be safe from all danger. Would be interested in others Enneagram. Seems MBTI is more popular on here. I'm also interested in MBTI, and being in the grip, and not able to express my Fe does negatively affect me, feel Enneagram in many ways causes me the most problems.

"Unhealthy Levels

Level 7:
Fearing that they have ruined their security, they become panicky, volatile, and self-disparaging with acute inferiority feelings. Seeing themselves as defenseless, they seek out a stronger authority or belief to resolve all problems. Highly divisive, disparaging and berating others

Level 8: Feeling persecuted, that others are "out to get them," they lash-out and act irrationally, bringing about what they fear. Fanaticism, violence.

Level 9: Hysterical, and seeking to escape punishment, they become self-destructive and suicidal. Alcoholism, drug overdoses, "skid row," self-abasing behavior. Generally corresponds to the Passive-Aggressive and Paranoid personality disorders".

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists and Oyoy