redkitsune98

redkitsune98

Broken beyond repair
Sep 2, 2024
Usually the argument for euthanasia and medically assisted suicide is that the people with debilitating physical illnesses and disabilities can get to a point in their lives where they aren't having any quality of life anymore.
But these institutions and laws will argue against euthanasia for people suffering from severe mental issues, depression, etc. because they will state that these problems are solvable and treatable and don't hinder you from living a normal life.
But they do though. What's the difference between someone who can't walk because of broken legs to someone who can't walk because their emotional state is so heavy and burdensome they don't find the motivation or courage to get up and out of bed?
In my opinion, emotional turmoil can be as crippling as some physical issues and should also be given the attention and possibility of free will choice of euthanasia.

• Hugs
Reactions: depthss, Dee38, myusername890 and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It truly is so cruel to me how there's all this pain and suffering in this existence, to die painlessly is all I personally wish for, it's horrific to me how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer yet there isn't the option to be euthanised, all I hope for is to never exist again, I'd never wish for this existence.

• Love
Reactions: CatLvr and myusername890
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I see that argument made by pro-lifers a lot and I believe part of the problem is that most people don't recognize (or refuse to) that emotional and mental health issues are just as (if not more) damaging than just physical illnesses and debility. It also doesn't help that there isn't an observable (like an actual physical test or biomarker (I could be wrong and I stand corrected on this point) to objectively highlight the actual pain other than the symptoms and stuff). Then, last but not least, the stigma of emotional issues and mental health (that would be another thread altogether though) that the masses still uphold, therefore it is really hard for people to accept or recognize mental health issues and emotional pain are/could be just as debilitating as physical illnesses.

Reactions: redkitsune98