CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
may have fucked up idk may have to go to an ER

edit sorry guys my therapist canceled my appointment and strongly recommends me to go an ER for suicide. guess I'll wait for police to show up if/when. might help my case against my employer anyway

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: astr4, complex and memoriesofyesterday
mango-meridian

mango-meridian

Apr 5, 2024
Are you doing okay? What's up?

• Love
Reactions: CatLove56 and wren-briar
W

wren-briar

wrenbriar.gitlab.io
Jul 1, 2024
Fucked up what?

Why might you have to go to the ER?

A failed attempt?

If so, be prepared for a coffin room, padded room, and/or the psych ward after they medically stabilize you. From my experience, such places only make things drastically worse!!!

• Love
Reactions: sancta-simplicitas and CatLove56
sorararara

sorararara

not much to look at
Feb 12, 2023
all emergency rooms are different, of course, but i can give you a bit of my experience.

when i went to the er after my attempt, this nurse took my vitals, checked to see if i had any injuries that required medical attention, asked me the typical questions about mental health, then took me to a room. after that, i had to do an insane amount of blood and urine tests, lol.
they gave me meds for anxiety/sleep, but it didn't really matter because they were constantly waking me up to run tests or ask more questions.
the worst part about it is the lack of privacy. a security guard had to monitor me 24/7. there was not one moment where i was not being watched.

the next morning, an ambulance took me to a mental hospital where i was put on a mandatory 3-day hold that i couldn't get out of.

overall, it wasn't as scary as i thought it'd be. if you think you need immediate medical attention, just go and get the help you need. wishing you the best, i hope you're okay. <3

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar, CatLove56 and mango-meridian
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
all emergency rooms are different, of course, but i can give you a bit of my experience.

when i went to the er after my attempt, this nurse took my vitals, checked to see if i had any injuries that required medical attention, asked me the typical questions about mental health, then took me to a room. after that, i had to do an insane amount of blood and urine tests, lol.
they gave me meds for anxiety/sleep, but it didn't really matter because they were constantly waking me up to run tests or ask more questions.
the worst part about it is the lack of privacy. a security guard had to monitor me 24/7. there was not one moment where i was not being watched.

the next morning, an ambulance took me to a mental hospital where i was put on a mandatory 3-day hold that i couldn't get out of.

overall, it wasn't as scary as i thought it'd be. if you think you need immediate medical attention, just go and get the help you need. wishing you the best, i hope you're okay. <3
thank you yeah that sounds about right. idk might check in assuming I don't get massive pressure from someone else

Reactions: wren-briar
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
well according to my sister no one really gives a fuck like you think so I've kinda been right lmao no one is gonna call anyone so whatever. I don't know to just be abandoned by my therapist y'all are absolutely right about that they are so fucking useless.

• Hugs
mango-meridian

mango-meridian

Apr 5, 2024
well according to my sister no one really gives a fuck like you think so I've kinda been right lmao no one is gonna call anyone so whatever. I don't know to just be abandoned by my therapist y'all are absolutely right about that they are so fucking useless.
Just trying to understand your situation.

So you had an appointment with your therapist scheduled for the near future, but based on something you said, she cancelled it and recommended you check yourself into a hospital? I'm also gathering that your physical health is fine, i.e. you didn't just attempt to CTB?

I don't know the details of the sectioning process, (I've never been sectioned) so I'm not sure how long it takes to file the paperwork and get you forcibly committed. But if it's only been an hour or two, it's possible this is what is happening to you. Hopefully someone else knows more and can fill in.

Regardless, based on what I've researched and also what I've read on SaSu, you should avoid being involuntarily committed if you can. Most people who have that happen say it is a miserable experience and not helpful at all. It's often traumatizing and really expensive too. It can also affect your employment options in the future. I dunno, maybe you know all this already so sorry if I'm sounding preachy.

If you aren't seriously trying to CTB and you want to live, I would definitely take action, just not in the form of trying to get involuntarily committed. You can tell your therapist that you are feeling better, and that you aren't in a crisis (even if that's a bit of a lie), and that you want to keep doing therapy. You can talk to someone who isn't going to freak out/panic. If you have any of the herbs mentioned in the recovery section of the forum, you could take them. Apparently some of them are really good at mitigating crises of depression, anxiety, etc. You can even voluntarily check yourself into a hospital which has different ramifications, is less expensive, is less forceful, doesn't affect future employment as much, etc.

• Love
Reactions: CatLove56 and wren-briar
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Just trying to understand your situation.

So you had an appointment with your therapist scheduled for the near future, but based on something you said, she cancelled it and recommended you check yourself into a hospital? I'm also gathering that your physical health is fine, i.e. you didn't just attempt to CTB?

I don't know the details of the sectioning process, (I've never been sectioned) so I'm not sure how long it takes to file the paperwork and get you forcibly committed. But if it's only been an hour or two, it's possible this is what is happening to you. Hopefully someone else knows more and can fill in.

Regardless, based on what I've researched and also what I've read on SaSu, you should avoid being involuntarily committed if you can. Most people who have that happen say it is a miserable experience and not helpful at all. It's often traumatizing and really expensive too. It can also affect your employment options in the future. I dunno, maybe you know all this already so sorry if I'm sounding preachy.

If you aren't seriously trying to CTB and you want to live, I would definitely take action, just not in the form of trying to get involuntarily committed. You can tell your therapist that you are feeling better, and that you aren't in a crisis (even if that's a bit of a lie), and that you want to keep doing therapy. You can talk to someone who isn't going to freak out/panic. If you have any of the herbs mentioned in the recovery section of the forum, you could take them. Apparently some of them are really good at mitigating crises of depression, anxiety, etc. You can even voluntarily check yourself into a hospital which has different ramifications, is less expensive, is less forceful, doesn't affect future employment as much, etc.
I say this with all due respect to anybody who dares suggest that to me I am never going to trust a therapist or anybody like that ever again. To have them completely abandon me just for mentioning the word suicide and basically telling me to f*** off we can't help you. I do know what you're saying though it does look better if you voluntarily go to a hospital but as far as I know in my state police or whoever can't just do that. I don't know of course it would be better for my health but I don't know I just don't feel like dealing with people right now I'm sorry. My family is trying to help stabilize me and whoever random strangers I talk to on the internet like you guys so I don't know. I'm trying to sign up for any kind of event online or otherwise just to keep myself busy cuz I guess I'm out of work lmao until the lawyer get that straightened out. Work shit on top of crippling loneliness and suicidal thoughts God it sucks to be me

• Hugs
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
ER is too loud (hospital beeping sounds) and too bright, and they may just leave you in a room without your phone for hours. Very boring and sleep depriving.

• Hugs
Reactions: nir
W

wren-briar

wrenbriar.gitlab.io
Jul 1, 2024
ER is too loud (hospital beeping sounds) and too bright, and they may just leave you in a room without your phone for hours. Very boring and sleep depriving.

If this is the case, you may be able to request a "seclusion room" (aka the "coffin room" or potentially "padded room").

For some people, such spaces provide safety.

Being put in such a room, when I was seeking exclusively, unbiased medical care, and honestly pleaded with them not to treat what I was experiencing as a mental health crisis (because it wasn't) is why -100% why- I am going to CTB. It was the final straw for me. There's so much more to what I was subjected to prior to that, but the coffin room was the final straw for me. For the full account, see https://wrenbriar.gitlab.io