Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
For those who don't know who she was, she was an eighteen-year-old olympic snowboarder. Her suicide was on the news really. I don't know what anyone else thinks of it, but personally, I think that it was handled really, really well.
There wasn't any shame or victim-blaming from her family and friends.
Here are some of the comments people left about her:
"You really were an amazing girl! Such a fun teammate, made me smile everyday, cracking all the jokes and enjoying life to it's fullest! I'm going to miss you and your amazing energy".

"This cruel world took my soul mate and 'Bessie' from me yesterday on her 18th birthday I was so proud of the beautiful young woman she had turned into. Ellie I will miss you more than you could have ever imagined. Rest in peace you little Champion".

It really stands out to me, because whenever I've heard of suicide on the news before, the victim was always blamed for not realising how much everyone cared, not trying hard enough to fix things, etc.

Everyone who commented, seemed accepting of her decision - it was heartbreaking for them, obviously, but they accepted that it happened and spoke of who she was, rather than focusing on her death.

They fully appreciated her even after her decision. I find it really touching and beautiful that they chose to honour her life and her memory, and put their hurt and confusion aside to appreciate her life.
So many people disrespect another person for choosing to die, but not these people. I think, that this is the best way to respond to someone's death.

Reactions: Trashcan, FairyAlys, bbq1 and 3 others
uxorious

uxorious

Aug 17, 2018
That's a nice change..... where was she from?

Reactions: FairyAlys and lv-gras