• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
I had lunch with my boss on Friday. I was worried, because of bad past work experiences. I figured this was going to be some sort of talking-to about productivity, etc.

Nope. He actually thanked me, told me I was doing great, and told me how he's using my work as samples for younger associates.

I realized: for the first time, my job is not terrible.

Now, it's not how I'd prefer to spend my day. That would be a lie. But, there are good points:
  • I'm using my mind and creativity, having freedom and leeway to handle things how I see fit.
  • Because of this, my work means more than pressing buttons. I'm providing a service with value that people exchange value for. Yes I'm still replacable but not so easily anymore.
  • So long as I produce well enough to justify what I bill clients, I don't have to grind. (Evidenced by the fact that I'm on here all day. Clearly I'm not forced into constant focus.)
There's a lot that could be better, but the point of this post is that there has been progression. My current job is better than my past jobs, suggesting that future jobs could be even better. I could find myself in that managerial class, and I could impose my own thoughts about work-life balance once I have that power.

I really don't post this to brag, but to share a good experience from someone who has actually tried and stuck around. I know it won't be this way for everyone. I know I'm very lucky. But it is at least possible to reduce how bad the work portion of your life is. That's my point.

Don't believe someone who hasn't tried something insisting that said thing is horrible. Find out for yourself with an open mind. Everyone's experience is different.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: 3/4Dead, Forever Sleep, Alexei_Kirillov and 1 other person