• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
Do any of you eat hot food while watching hot ones on YouTube?

Or what about eating food while watching cooking shows or any food related TV?

I find it enhances the taste and overall flavor of the food.

What is your favorite food?

Thoughts?

Reactions: Throwawayacc3
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
What ethnicity are you? In English, Irish, Scottish, Polish and Sicilian but pretty much all of them are NON SPICY food lol. Just feels really uncomfortable when eating. Have you seen the studies on how different areas having different taste bud anatomy/strentghs/weaknesses. It's pretty wild lol.

I don't eat much at the moment given depression but when I was training and semi pro at golf I'd have a shake in the morning with raw oats, strawberries, banana, peanut butter (or Nutella), olive oil, nuts, blueberries and whole milk. I really like fish (Mediterranean diet).

I did a nutritional course when I was younger alongside the personal training course I did so it was mainly cooking just for results. Swordfish is really good.

• Love
Reactions: lacrimosa
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024

Thoughts?
There are studies showing that even just watching mukbangs on an empty stomach can somewhat satisfy taste buds and make the viewer feel "full".

But no, I rarely watch that stuff, let alone while eating. Although sometimes a movie scene will inspire me to make the food they have in the scene and watch the scene when I take the first few bites. Like one time I made burgers like the one Jules bites from in Pulp Fiction. Yes, it somehow enhances the flavors or satisfaction from eating it. Meanwhile, I would say eating while talking with people al ost ruins the whole taste experience.

My favorite food is... you guessed it... hamburgers ("the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast").

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: lacrimosa and EvisceratedJester
lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
I am a mix of Irish, Norwegian, and Hungarian.

That's pretty cool that different genetic makeups taste things differently.

That would make sense as there are different regions on the tongue for tasting different flavors (salt, sugar, etc).

So.. Some areas of the tongue for tasting different things would be smaller in a region where you need to eat spicy food for survival because there were more spicy plants that were more abundant so many years ago. That would be an evolutionary adaptation to be able to eat spicy food.

There is a women called The Chilli Queen from the UK (not sure of her race) but she's basically my hero. She is the League of Fire world record holder for eating hot peppers and she actually has a genetic trait where she tastes food more intensely than the normal person.

"I think I can safely say I have a world record in the number of chilli-eating competitions entered and won. I can also say with a lot of confidence that I am the only person in this world who has won two competitions in one day in two countries just a few hours apart. I am also the current LOF World Champion Chilli-Eater Belt holder. My initial goal was to get to 50 comps #undefeated which I achieved in May this year. I now hope to get to 100! ? xxx" - Chilli Queen (Shahina Waseem)

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
There are studies showing that even just watching mukbangs on an empty stomach can somewhat satisfy taste buds and make the viewer feel "full".

But no, I rarely watch that stuff, let alone while eating. Although sometimes a movie scene will inspire me to make the food they have in the scene and watch the scene when I take the first few bites. Like one time I made burgers like the one Jules bites from in Pulp Fiction. Yes, it somehow enhances the flavors or satisfaction from eating it. Meanwhile, I would say eating while talking with people al ost ruins the whole taste experience.

My favorite food is... you guessed it... hamburgers ("the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast").
I seen a few glimpses of mulbang videos but they make me feel sick. All that food just turns you into a blob and you end up getting so many healthy conditions. Nikoavacdo is a crazy example.
I am a mix of Irish, Norwegian, and Hungarian.

That's pretty cool that different genetic makeups taste things differently.

That would make sense as there are different regions on the tongue for tasting different flavors (salt, sugar, etc).

So.. Some areas of the tongue for tasting different things would be smaller in a region where you need to eat spicy food for survival because there were more spicy plants that were more abundant so many years ago. That would be an evolutionary adaptation to be able to eat spicy food.

There is a women called The Chilli Queen from the UK (not sure of her race) but she's basically my hero. She is the League of Fire world record holder for eating hot peppers and she actually has a genetic trait where she tastes food more intensely than the normal person.

"I think I can safely say I have a world record in the number of chilli-eating competitions entered and won. I can also say with a lot of confidence that I am the only person in this world who has won two competitions in one day in two countries just a few hours apart. I am also the current LOF World Champion Chilli-Eater Belt holder. My initial goal was to get to 50 comps #undefeated which I achieved in May this year. I now hope to get to 100! ? xxx" - Chilli Queen (Shahina Waseem)
Do Hungarians have perogi? Those savoury dumpling like foods similar to Polish?

That chili story reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer eats all those chilis from blasting his mouth with wax LOL.
Homer Simpson Eating GIF

• Love
lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
I seen a few glimpses of mulbang videos but they make me feel sick. All that food just turns you into a blob and you end up getting so many healthy conditions. Nikoavacdo is a crazy example.

Do Hungarians have perogi? Those savoury dumpling like foods similar to Polish?

That chili story reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer eats all those chilis from blasting his mouth with wax LOL.
Homer Simpson Eating GIF
Hungary has many foods, my favourites are pierogies and goulash, and my ultimate favorite -papikash (chicken and dumplings).

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
That's the controversial ones. There are many mukbang videos such as Korean ones where they eat very cleanly and neatly. In fact, Korean mukbangers would question someone like Nikocado Avocado from being a real mukbanger, since part of the mukbang idea was to have the eater look attractive and the food very delicious.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
That's the controversial ones. There are many mukbang videos such as Korean ones where they eat very cleanly and neatly. In fact, Korean mukbangers would question someone like Nikocado Avocado from being a real mukbanger, since part of the mukbang idea was to have the eater look attractive and the food very delicious.
Might be that I don't like watching strangers eat food. If it's a partner you've known for years it's ok but randoms is just odd (to me). When people start eating with mouth open, lip smacking and all that I'm completely out.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
Might be that I don't like watching strangers eat food. If it's a partner you've known for years it's ok but randoms is just odd (to me). When people start eating with mouth open, lip smacking and all that I'm completely out.
I can relate šŸ˜†šŸ˜… In fact I don't even understand the insisting some have of "eating together" (communal eating).

cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
I don

Thoughts?
I don't like watching other people eat but I love seeing the street food kinda videos. Sometimes it might be the same one i made at home.

lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
What exactly is a mukbang video? This is the first time hearing of it for me.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I used to hate spicy food when I was a kid but I built up a tolerance to it with flaming hot Cheetos. I'm still very sensitive to spicy food but now it feels pretty good in a way.

I usually only watch Hot Ones when they get a celebrity on I find really interesting but I will eat almost all the time with whatever I watch and that usually does happen to include spicy food.

In 2020 I would buy jars of Cascabella peppers from Safeway and just eat them straight out the jar.

• Love