Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
A dying mother has admitted killing her terminally-ill seven-year-old son by using a large dose of morphine to 'quietly end his life'.

Antonya Cooper, from Abingdon, Oxfordshire, said her child Hamish had stage 4 cancer and was 'facing the most horrendous suffering' before his death in 1981.

She said Hamish was 'telling me he was in pain and asking me if I could remove his pain' and that as a mother, she was 'not going to let him suffer'.

Speaking of her decision to give her little boy a large dose of morphine, Mrs Cooper said: 'It was the right thing to do. My son was facing the most horrendous suffering and intense pain, I was not going to allow him to go through that.'

i wish my mother was just as nice to me

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: voudebase, bussy, locked*n*loaded and 7 others
Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
People like to talk about Ethics and morality of soft core topics all the time. However stuff like this rarely gets talked about. Right to die ethics is probably the most challenging yet important discussion we really need to have as a society. Thank you for bringing This up for discussion.

Even for me this is a painful subject to talk about. It can be hard to wrestle through the pain and have a coherent discussion about something like this. I think if someone is truly terminally ill they should have the option to catch the bus under supervision of medical staff to reduce their suffering as much as possible. It's not always a straightforward decision but the children and the parents As well as the medical staff should at least have the option.

@Darkover By the way today seems to be your three year anniversary Signing up for the site? I hope you were able to get some enjoyment out of living today and I wish you nothing but the best. Take care of yourself.

Reactions: LifeQuitter