• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

withdrawalishell

withdrawalishell

May 13, 2024
I'm jealous. ASF.

Reactions: noheart and divinemistress36
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
So fortunate, it must be such a relief to be able to be euthanised, the fact that it's not avaliable everywhere truly is so unacceptable and horrific, I really wish I had the option to die peacefully in a guaranteed way.

Reactions: Crash_Bash_Dash
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
Reactions: Esokabat, Linda, DeathWish3301 and 5 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
The Netherlands takes such a mature approach to suicidal people, rather than paternalism, it's based on choice and respecting autonomy. I do hope more countries will follow with time.
Well, it's still paternalistic because you have to be approved, which as far as mental illness goes is a pretty rare thing despite what some people may think.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd and Linda
Crash_Bash_Dash

Crash_Bash_Dash

Nothing what I used to be
Apr 23, 2024
The process for the woman to get euthanasia approval for her mental struggles seemed quite tough and long. Fortunately, it paid off in the end and shall have peace she looked for.

D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
Well, it's still paternalistic because you have to be approved, which as far as mental illness goes is a pretty rare thing despite what some people may think.
Are you Dutch? How many people get rejected?

D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
@Myforevercharlie is and can tell how rare it is to be approved.
Fair point. The Dutch system is still better than the rest of the world though, as at least it's possible!

Reactions: divinemistress36
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Fair point. The Dutch system is still better than the rest of the world though, as at least it's possible!
I agree that the presence of options is a good thing. It sounds horrible though having to grovel before a bunch of doctors and attempt to prove how bad your case is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, Linda and dggtscccvfd
S

SentimentalTrip

Mar 30, 2023
I heard about this today. I relate to her experience so much. I've never been diagnosed with ASD but if I took the time to be evaluated I have very little doubt I would be diagnosed with it. I have many of the symptoms that are consistent with ASD and living this way has made my life intolerable. I am actually shocked her doctors straight up told her "It's never going to get better."

I understand that we likely never reach a point where one can end their life at-will, but it would be amazing if people who have a long history of depression could choose to end their lives peacefully if they have tried various treatments and failed.

"A doctor will first give her a sedative, followed by a drug that will stop her heart. Her boyfriend will be at her side until the end. 'The doctor really takes her time. It is not that they walk in and say, 'Lay down, please!' Most of the time it is first a cup of coffee to settle the nerves and create a soft atmosphere,' she said. 'Then she asks if I am ready. I will take my place on the couch. She will once again ask if I am sure, and she will start up the procedure and wish me a good journey. Or, in my case, a nice nap, because I hate it if people say, 'Safe journey.' I'm not going anywhere.'"

This sounds like a beautiful way to end your life after years of agony. I wish this were available to all. Lately I've been falling asleep imagining myself in such a scenario based on the other similar stories I've read about Pegasos/Dignitas patients.

Last edited: