RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
When I was using psychedelics infrequently, I felt like I was finally able to heal and forgive myself. I felt like I actually had the energy to pursue the things that I really wanted and I wasn't afraid to be myself anymore. I wanted to try and stop using drugs entirely though, because I didn't want to rely on a substance. Well, cut to almost a year later of sobriety and I feel like I'm right back at square one. I've tried to keep those positive feelings going but it never works, drugs seem to be the only thing that actually keeps me consistently happy. I really didn't want to rely on drugs, and I still plan on being sober for the time being because I don't want to risk getting side effects, but I'm at a loss now. Are drugs really the only thing that makes me happy and there's nothing else really left for me in this world? I wish it wasn't this way.

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske, divinemistress36 and wren-briar
H

hopelesswanderer

Oct 12, 2023
Well there is some scientific truth to some psychedelics having therapeutic properties such as psilocybin for depression. But I feel like you're getting at not wanting to self medicate with any substance. And I can relate to that, I'm currently two and a half years sober. Unfortunately I am as miserable and depressed as ever. I don't know that drugs of any kind would cure me but they would sure numb the pain or provide an escape

Reactions: wren-briar
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
I'm actively in recovery for many years & I can honestly say that psychedelics are a different class of substances. Especially naturally occuring psychedelics really can't be abused as they simply don't work if used too frequently.
I've never had an issue with them & think they are a good medicine in my case for my depression. I dosed about 1-2 times a month. I stopped using them a year ago & quitting wasn't an issue either.
My sources dried up except for sketchy internet sites.
What psychedelics are you talking about? Mine were shrooms.People are "micro dosing" now with really good results.
I hope you find your way at any rate 🌹💔

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36, wren-briar and hopelesswanderer
RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
I'm actively in recovery for many years & I can honestly say that psychedelics are a different class of substances. Especially naturally occuring psychedelics really can't be abused as they simply don't work if used too frequently.
I've never had an issue with them & think they are a good medicine in my case for my depression. I dosed about 1-2 times a month. I stopped using them a year ago & quitting wasn't an issue either.
My sources dried up except for sketchy internet sites.
What psychedelics are you talking about? Mine were shrooms.People are "micro dosing" now with really good results.
I hope you find your way at any rate 🌹💔
Mine was also shrooms. I tried to go over to cannabis but it just made me paranoid in ways that shrooms didn't.
The side effects I'm worried about are HPPD and drug-induced psychosis. I myself do not have schizophrenia or psychosis, however I have a direct relative who has it and I already have a "paranoid personality" if that makes sense. Just trying to avoid that entirely and never worry about it if I can help it.

Reactions: wren-briar