• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

usernameNotFound

usernameNotFound

Feb 2, 2019
I heard that drinking antifreeze makes you pass out peacefully and then a couple days later you die.

I'm not really sure if that is true. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Memento Mori

Memento Mori

shambling garbage
Jan 24, 2019
makes you pass out peacefully and then a couple days later you die.

sounds not legit

you rather suffer from this shit burning a hole in your stomach i think

Reactions: Sweet Tart, ooglah, Endex and 6 others
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
It's probably as painful as drinking bleach. I wouldn't recommend it.

Reactions: ooglah, Endex, Cookiedough8956 and 3 others
Cubashii

Cubashii

One second in Valhalla Is all I really would want.
Oct 22, 2018
I wouldn't want to ctb with antifreeze it would be horribly painful.

Reactions: Endex, mentionized1, Ch92921 and 1 other person
phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
Heres what I just read:

"For several hours after someone swallows it, everything seems fine. But the body is busy breaking down the antifreeze (ethylene glycol) into a number of substances that affect your blood chemistry, nervous system, and kidneys. After a few hours, someone poisoned by antifreeze may seem drunk or groggy and complain of stomach distress. After a few more hours, the victim may go into a coma. The kidneys can be damaged and stop making urine. If the victim survives, there may be permanent damage to the kidneys and brain"

A very risky and unpleasant way to ctb. And if you survive, you'll probably be permantley fucked.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sweet Tart, gottablast888, Endex and 3 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Don't do it. I would rather live a horrible life than die that way.

• Wow
Reactions: castler, Endex, rationaltake and 2 others
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Heres what I just read:

"For several hours after someone swallows it, everything seems fine. But the body is busy breaking down the antifreeze (ethylene glycol) into a number of substances that affect your blood chemistry, nervous system, and kidneys. After a few hours, someone poisoned by antifreeze may seem drunk or groggy and complain of stomach distress. After a few more hours, the victim may go into a coma. The kidneys can be damaged and stop making urine. If the victim survives, there may be permanent damage to the kidneys and brain"

A very risky and unpleasant way to ctb. And if you survive, you'll probably be permantley fucked.
Awful.

Reactions: usernameNotFound and phoenixx
castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
It's probably as painful as drinking bleach. I wouldn't recommend it.
But antifreeze seems like it tastes sweet. I mean it smells sweet I think it would go down easier than bleach.
A New Jersey woman has pleaded not guilty to murdering her brother-in-law with an antifreeze-spiked drink. According to prosecutors, Maryann Neabor's weapon of choice was a blended concoction of pineapple juice, maraschino cherries, and several ounces of the deadly automotive additive. As in similar past cases, the victim was oblivious to his drink's lethality, since antifreeze actually tastes pretty good. Why is something so deadly so delicious?
Source: slate

Last edited:
GlassAlwaysEmpty

GlassAlwaysEmpty

Red Grapes only
Jun 22, 2020
Well apparently it's pretty tasty to cats, as sadly many cats have died accidently drinking antifreeze because of the sweet taste.

It would be a slow and painful death as your kidneys slowly shut down over a few days.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
But antifreeze seems like it tastes sweet. I mean it smells sweet I think it would go down easier than bleach.

Source: slate
There's been many murders using anti-freeze, so it does work but seems risky for suicide

Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
Don't do it! I did it. I was eighteen years old and I mixed Engine Coolant (Anti-Freeze) with a peanut butter milkshake. I drank it. And four hours later I was violently ill. I was throwing up, dizzy, sweating, it was awful. My parents knew something was wrong because I was projectile vomiting, and they didn't believe me when I told them it was from something I ate. This was about 10 hours after I had ingested it. I was very sick.
They took me to the hospital where I had to have dialysis for the next 24 or so hours. I then stayed for the remaining week (not in psych) where they monitored me. For the entire week I felt nauseous and could barely eat. I also had to have a catheter put in. Ever see a soft drink straw being put up a penis (through the urethra)? It's not fun and it's very painful. The whole experience was painful. Seriously, don't do this method, you'll be sick for days. And the passing won't be peaceful.
It's one of the reasons why I'm nervous about SN, I don't ever want to go through that kind of sickness again. What does help me is knowing that my SN at least won't be the same thing as drinking engine coolant.
EDIT: And it did taste sweet. Almost like maple syrup but it slightly burns your throat on the way down.
EDIT2: Didn't realize this was an old post.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Leagueofgentlemen, jar-baby and bellinda
bellinda

bellinda

May 29, 2023
Don't do it! I did it. I was eighteen years old and I mixed Engine Coolant (Anti-Freeze) with a peanut butter milkshake. I drank it. And four hours later I was violently ill. I was throwing up, dizzy, sweating, it was awful. My parents knew something was wrong because I was projectile vomiting, and they didn't believe me when I told them it was from something I ate. This was about 10 hours after I had ingested it. I was very sick.
They took me to the hospital where I had to have dialysis for the next 24 or so hours. I then stayed for the remaining week (not in psych) where they monitored me. For the entire week I felt nauseous and could barely eat. I also had to have a catheter put in. Ever see a soft drink straw being put up a penis (through the urethra)? It's not fun and it's very painful. The whole experience was painful. Seriously, don't do this method, you'll be sick for days. And the passing won't be peaceful.
It's one of the reasons why I'm nervous about SN, I don't ever want to go through that kind of sickness again. What does help me is knowing that my SN at least won't be the same thing as drinking engine coolant.
EDIT: And it did taste sweet. Almost like maple syrup but it slightly burns your throat on the way down.
EDIT2: Didn't realize this was an old post.
Hey! Glad I found your post, I was looking for information on downing antifreeze and I didn't come across anything helpful until I found your response. Now I know not to down this shit :p

Like you, I also been hospitalized for a suicide attempt and also had a catheter plus other medical devices attached to me rendering me stuck at the hospital bed for 4 fucking days, shit is not fun. I wouldn't wanna be hospitalized a second time for this.

Just curious, did you suffer any long term health issues after downing the antifreeze?

Reactions: Victim.Of.Life
N

neveragreedtothis

Apr 23, 2023
They put that stuff in blueberry muffins I think

F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
Absolutely terrible idea.

There aren't that many things that you can just chug and die (relatively) peacefully from. Unfortunately. That's the reason the better methods are sought after and restricted. Don't do it.