UnravelingWinter

UnravelingWinter

I wish I was a sunflower
Mar 19, 2022
You have to wait 2.5 weeks before you're allowed to send the bitcoin off-site even after your bank has cleared the transaction.

Such a waste of time. ;-;

• Informative
  • Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: waitingforrest, _Minsk, Manaaja and 1 other person
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I didn't have to do that, that's weird.

Reactions: Manaaja
Nevsky69

Nevsky69

Jan 20, 2022
In my case the question is another. They have closed my account overnight, without further explanation that I have not complied with the terms of service. Searching the internet I have seen that there are many cases, they close the account for buying with crypto in many types of business. That's counting on the fact that I have always immediately transferred the btc to my electrum wallet after tor. And most of the btc I converted to monero, I have rarely bought using btc. In short, beware of Coinbase, which spies on your purchases. Bitcoin is not completely anonymous. If you pay directly using the Coinbase wallet, in the future you could be identified if the vendor is identified.

Reactions: Al_stargate
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Do not buy directly from Coinbase. When creating account one has to submit identification. Get anonymous crypto wallet, there are tons out there, do some research, I use Exodus. And then send money from there. Coinbase can also lock up your account temporarily like it happened to me. I bought in chunks few hundred bucks at a time. I didn't have to wait 2.5 weeks maybe that a limitation in your country.

• Informative
Reactions: _Minsk and UnravelingWinter
UnravelingWinter

UnravelingWinter

I wish I was a sunflower
Mar 19, 2022
Do not buy directly from Coinbase. When creating account one has to submit identification. Get anonymous crypto wallet, there are tons out there, do some research, I use Exodus. And then send money from there. Coinbase can also lock up your account temporarily like it happened to me. I bought in chunks few hundred bucks at a time. I didn't have to wait 2.5 weeks maybe that a limitation in your country.
In the future I'll just buy from a bitcoin ATM with cash. Seems like I should have done that from the start.

• Informative
Reactions: _Minsk and Al_stargate
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
that never happened to me, but I probably should have used a different wallet for sending the coins. Crypto is one big pain in the ass, in general.

Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
In the future I'll just buy from a bitcoin ATM with cash. Seems like I should have done that from the start.
Tried that first but in my country, you need an online account first and then log in at the bitcoin atm and then they send you a message and then you have to type... at the end could even get it. It might work in your country.

Nevsky69

Nevsky69

Jan 20, 2022
Now I just buy monero. If I need bitcoins I change them from monero. So you also avoid the crazy commissions with the bicoins.

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Use coinbasepro, not cainbase. The transfer taxes are smaller on pro, for example. And there might have been other reasons too.

Intelligent_Panic99

Intelligent_Panic99

Student
Jan 4, 2022
I used CashApp and deposited cash directly. No waiting.

Reactions: UnravelingWinter
BigGimpin

BigGimpin

Student
Mar 24, 2022
I used CoinBase to get N from D, very simple and quick! You just have to verify your account, took literally 2min.

UnravelingWinter

UnravelingWinter

I wish I was a sunflower
Mar 19, 2022
I used CoinBase to get N from D, very simple and quick! You just have to verify your account, took literally 2min.
I made my account years ago and it's fully verified, but some people have said that if you use bank transfers to pay for coins then it takes 2 weeks to clear. But if you use a debit card or paypal, etc, then it might clear instantly. Wish I had known that.

BigGimpin

BigGimpin

Student
Mar 24, 2022
I made my account years ago and it's fully verified, but some people have said that if you use bank transfers to pay for coins then it takes 2 weeks to clear. But if you use a debit card or paypal, etc, then it might clear instantly. Wish I had known that.
hmm I think it might be the opposite? Though my memory is kinda shot ATM, havent slept in awhile. Either or, justy verify everything LOL

yeh it's all gucci

yeh it's all gucci

I only care about cats eating corn on the cob.
Mar 4, 2022
I used etoro. Took less than 10 minutes to deposit, and maybe 20 before it sent.

Riddle

Riddle

Student
Mar 25, 2022
I used etoro. Took less than 10 minutes to deposit, and maybe 20 before it sent.
I checked etoro and it says you have to wait 7 days if you deposited from a US online banking before you can initiate a transfer