• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
I started dating a girl I met online about 5 months ago and we've had a fairly happy/healthy/stable LDR ever since, probably the best relationship either of us has had. She's roughly my age and has similar disorders, so we get along great. Plus, she's very cute. We've talked about meeting IRL; it's a long drive, but potentially feasible.

Trouble is, I plan on CTBing. I've had the idea for a long time, but over the last 3-4 months it's more or less been set in stone.

I told her about my ideation a while back. More recently I confessed my actual planning.

Rough transcript:

Me: Remember how I said I was suicidal?
Her: Yes?
M: I no longer plan on living past age 25.
H: If you plan to kill your self at a specific age, it'll only hurt us both
M: That was my second point
H: Though, I don't mind dying together.
M: I love and care about you a lot, and I feel like I have the capacity to take care of you and make you happier, but I've considered breaking up with you because I know I'm leaving eventually and I worry I'll hurt you somehow.
H: Knowing that our brains work the same way really brings me up
H: If you would rather us break up because you're afraid then I would not mind because I feel the same
H: But I would rather not have us both die hurting because we left the one we care about because we were scared of hurting each other
H: I want to die with you but if you plan to kill yourself before 25 it will only make me die sad
H: I'm trying my hardest not to kill myself because I want to stay with you but if this is how you want to be then I will respect it

We talked more and eventually compromised, saying we could go together after we meet and share a kiss.

Only- I don't really want to die with her, or anyone for that matter. I don't want to kiss anyone. My plan is to go alone- a gunshot on a windy day, listening to music I love.

I care about her and hope she finds happiness- she's sweet and funny and I don't want her to be lonely or cling to someone abusive like she has previously. Making her feel good makes me feel good, albeit briefly. She's already had a very difficult life, SHing since like 12 and experiencing all kinds of trauma. She's really kind and gentle to me- I've been able to tell her things I couldn't tell anyone else- and she'll probably stick with me as long as she can. I'm one of just a few people who treats her well.

I'm probably not going to be CTBing this year or the next unless I get lucky, and having each other gives us both some comfort, but- I don't like the lying. I lie to enough people already and I've probably laid the groundwork to damage her with just the one. Though, as she said- she's had similar thoughts. Who knows, maybe she's on here asking the same questions.

So- should I just stay with her until we naturally drift apart or the time comes? Break it off now? Tell her my actual plans? I don't know what to do. I want us both to be happy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reactions: kunikuzushi
landslide2

landslide2

Student
May 6, 2024
If things are good, you're mostly on the same page which is really great, you're honest with each other, and care for each other, then just roll with it. Let life happen and see how things go, put some work into it.

Reactions: astr4 and sugarb
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
As long as you both are fully honest about your wishes and plans, I don't see a problem with it. It let's you both make an informed decision regarding the relation, none of you will be blindsided for whatever comes in the near or far future and the shock factor, regret and guilt will be very less.

Reactions: sugarb
Nobody Special

Nobody Special

Jun 4, 2024
Yeah... I would avoid telling close friends or girls about your suicidal ideation.

Once you put that out there you can never take it back. It can only serve to taint the relationship in most cases.

I respect and find it to be extremely admirable that you wish to be fully honest, but I think it is perfectly fine to enjoy a relationship while you are here without revealing certain traumas.

Cress

Cress

Experienced
Oct 15, 2023
Yeah... I would avoid telling close friends or girls about your suicidal ideation.

Once you put that out there you can never take it back. It can only serve to taint the relationship in most cases.

I respect and find it to be extremely admirable that you wish to be fully honest, but I think it is perfectly fine to enjoy a relationship while you are here without revealing certain traumas.
Yeah I actually agree with you this is likely to cause the relationship to breakdown at some point in the future. I've had first hand experience with that many times.

Reactions: sugarb and Nobody Special
Nobody Special

Nobody Special

Jun 4, 2024
Yeah I actually agree with you this is likely to cause the relationship to breakdown at some point in the future. I've had first hand experience with that many times.
Me too. I hope my comment wasn't blunt, but it was coming from a place of care as someone who made this "mistake"

I would just enjoy the small things and not bring suicidal ideation into them, OP.

sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Alright, thank you all. I'll just try to enjoy it while it lasts, then.